RingCentral was founded in 1999 by Vlad Shmunis and launched in 2003 as one of the first providers to offer cloud-based IP PBX and phone service. The company provides a robust, redundant, and reliable platform that has numerous features. For more than a decade, RingCentral has offered small and medium-sized businesses phone features that were previously only available to the largest and richest companies. While it now has plenty of competition, RingCentral is still an industry leader.
RingCentral’s Help & Support Options:
- Customer phone support available with separate numbers for the US, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany and Australia. (Be prepared to provide your RingCentral phone number and security answer.)
- Live phone support for RingCentral Office (2+ users) plans is available 24/7.
- Live phone support for RingCentral Office (1 user) is available 5:00AM – 6:00PM PT, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Non-English support available Monday-Friday 9am-6pm Central European Time (CET)
- Live support chat via instant messaging, available 24/7.
- The ability to submit a ticket for handling more complex cases.
- Comprehensive knowledge base to answer frequently asked questions and quick troubleshooting.
- Guides, video tutorials and detailed training topics for different packages and services (Office, Contact Center Classic, Contact Center User Hub, RingCentral App, Meetings and more).
- Webinars including an extensive library of previously recorded presentations and the ability to request a live demonstration.
- Community message board where you can communicate with other RingCentral customers.
- A developer support center for issues such as app integrations.
- Professional consultations to ensure you receive the right service package, on-site hardware, post-installation maintenance and training for administrators.
- Service status page that displays any issues.
- An ROI calculator to compare the cost of RingCentral versus on-premise PBX.
RingCentral Pricing and Services
RingCentral’s Most Popular Plan: Office Premium
- Unlimited video and audio meetings with screen sharing on desktop and mobile (100 people per meeting)
- Unlimited phone calls
- 2,500 toll-free minutes
- Unlimited Business SMS
- Call management and phone administration (includes call forwarding etc. – detailed below)
- Phone rental options: desk and conference phones
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android
- High-definition (HD) voice
- Visual voicemail and voice mail-to-email
- Team collaboration
- Integrations with Microsoft, Google, Box and Okta
- 24/7 Customer support
- Professional implementation
- Multi-level auto attendant
- Internet fax
- Call log reports
- Quality of Service Reports
- Automatic call recording
- Multi-site support
- Custom app development and deployment
- Integration with Salesforce.com, Zendesk and Desk.com
- Single Sign-on
- Voicemail transcription to text
RingCentral Office Premium Pricing:
- 1 User: $44.99/user/mo when paying annually, $54.99/user/mo when paying monthly
- 2-99 Users: $34.99/user/mo when paying annually, $44.99/user/mo when paying monthly
- 100-999 Users: $32.99/user/mo when paying annually, $42.99/user/mo when paying monthly
- 1,000+ Users: $29.99/user/mo when paying annually, $39.99/user/mo when paying monthly
Add-on Pricing to Expand Your Plan With New Features:
- Additional toll-free or local numbers: $4.99/mo
- Additional vanity numbers: $30 one time fee
- Additional international numbers: starting at $5.99/mo per user
- Additional international toll-free number: $14.99/mo + $25 one time fee
Available Calling Features:
- Call Management & Phone System Administration: This sums up many terms for the ways you can control inbound and outbound calls, including working hours. It also controls what phones are connected within the plan so you can work from anywhere. Includes the following features:
- Answering rules.
- Call transfer.
- Call forwarding: Redirect all calls
- Call screening: Have the inbound caller say their name before they can connect to a call.
- Call flip: Transfer a call from your home device to your mobile device without putting the caller on hold.
- Call logs: See who called and for how long
- Presence: See who your colleagues are talking to, if anyone, before transferring a call.
- Notifications: Get notifications via email, text message, and your softphone/app when you miss a call.
- Shared lines: More than one phone can be connected to the same number or extension; no need for call transfers.
- Call park: Transfer a call to a dedicated “empty” line while you find the best person to take the call, who can pick up the call without having to talk to the first agent again
- Intercom: Talk to your colleagues within the office through your desk phone.
- Paging: Your desk phones’ speakerphones become a mini PA system within a department. Make announcements directly through your desk phone or smartphone.
- Automatic call recording: Record calls for legal and training purposes
- Multi-level auto-attendant: Set up a way to navigate inbound calls to the best agent to take incoming calls.
- Inbound Caller ID by name: See more than just a phone number when your phone rings
- Glip for team collaboration: Similar to Slack, Microsoft Teams or Cisco WebEx. This feature allows teams to communicate in their own permanent chat room, share notes, assign tasks, and access your files. This is available on all RingCentral Office plans.
- HD video conferencing: Hold conferences in 1080p on your tablet or computer using a regular webcam rather than room-sized equipment. The software automatically focuses on the person speaking.
- HD Voice: delivers audio in higher quality speech during a regular call.
- Phone rental or purchase: Save money in the long term by buying, or save money upfront and be assured of the best technical support with ongoing rentals.
- Toll free minutes: Every plan includes inbound toll free minutes to be shared with all users. Toll free number costs the same as a second local number.
- Unlimited inbound and outbound US calling: Plus great rates on international calls.
- Voicemail transcription: Access voicemail messages from your desk and mobile phones, email, desktop app, and online account.
- Mobile App: Available for iOS and Android.
RingCentral’s Recent Awards:
RingCentral has acquired many awards and certifications over the years:
Editor’s Bottom Line of RingCentral
With more than 350,000 small business customers, RingCentral has been a favorite among VoIP review sites, and with more than 2,500 employees the provider continues to innovate both with its in-house team and by making deals with smart companies.
One of the best moves it made was partnering with Zoom, enabling HD quality video conferences with large numbers of participants. Formerly, this was only available with huge hardware, some of which even required a dedicated room. Now laptop or tablet is all you need.
That offering was a game changer that few other providers could compete with. RingCentral has had a big head start over today’s VoIP startups, yet the company is always looking forward rather than resting on its laurels. Every few years, the provider finds a way to reinvent itself and stay fresh.
It’s hard to say anything bad about RingCentral, but they do seem a little vanilla – vanilla, of course, is the most popular flavor of ice cream, so that’s good for most. RingCentral tends to avoid the bleeding edge and sticks to software and hardware with a proven track record.
If you want a great VoIP experience, you can’t go wrong with this company.
Share Your Feedback
What Do You Think of RingCentral?