Set up my free trial. Decided ring central wasn’t a good fit. Tried cancelling the trial on the online chat since they were closed. Told me to call the 800 number. When I called them to cancel they told me I had to wait 63 minutes to speak with someone in the loyalty department to cancel my trial. After waiting 20 minutes the call was disconnected. Total scam!! Every time I call there’s always a wait and no one can help cancel my trial.
RingCentral Verified Reviews & Ratings
We have been trying to move to…
We have been trying to move to RingCentral for 3 months and are still not ported over. We have run into issue after issue with getting our current lines ported over. We were told for a month, that 2 of our numbers could not be ported, then I said we would cancel and miraculously they were then able to port them. Next porting case, different issue. I tried working with porting, implementation and our account exec, and each one pointed their finger at the other departments. This left us with no help. Meanwhile, our 30 day trial period ended. Now, we are stuck in a contract and our numbers still aren’t ported over, and we still aren’t receiving any assistance other than call this team, who then says to call another team and so on and so forth. Worst experience ever. Don’t make our mistake, FIND ANOTHER PROVIDER!
I have used RingCentral for many years….
I have used RingCentral for many years. It has always been marginal and the service beyond horrendous.
Recently, however, they have rolled out system changes and the system and sound quality has become completely unusable. As in, really not usable. Calls drop when trying to answer on phone. I can only get it to work on my base WiFi. Nowhere else.
On the desktop phone, it went suddenly from people being able to hear me to people can not hear me or only so faintly that they can not make out anything. The latency is horrible. The only thing that has changes is their system. It is truly completely useless.
Don’t get me started on the inability to have a blocking service for robo/scam calls.
I have stayed with them all this time because it is a pain to migrate, and no service is perfect. This is the straw. My business can not operate without a working phone system. I need to be able to answer my phone and have people hear me. This is basic. Do not believe whatever they tell you. They have never ever been truthful. And be warned, the service people are franticly searching your problem in their manual when you contact them. If they can’t search it and read it to you, whatever your problem is will remained unsolved.
Run far away from this company.
Just be sure you read the fine print…
Just be sure you read the fine print several times. This is been the worst contract I’ve gotten myself into. If you are a small business, use Twilio, and a script to manage your systems; It’s much more affordable and even more efficient and you won’t get your number spammed. I would rate 0 if I could. Harassing calls and emails about “how was our support”. From day one registering my number, I started receiving 4+ texts daily about loans and other bulls*t offers. The app doesn’t allow you to block numbers. Don’t even get me started on all the other issues.
Just USE SOMETHING ELSE
Signed up for a trial account to see…
Signed up for a trial account to see about moving 121 user accounts over to them from another provider and went to cancel the service (had planned on signing our accounts back up) and was told I have to speak with retention dept. So 30 minutes later I hadnt reached anyone. I hung up and called back in and requested the sales rep just cancel it for me as I dont have the `1 hour wait time to sit and wait for someone to decide to answer their phones. So once she was rude and asked “do you understand what process means” etc, she hung up on me after requesting a supervisor. Guess who just lost 121 accounts? These loonies!
Quite possibly the worst customer…
Quite possibly the worst customer support I have ever experienced. The overall platform is useful and provides benefits, but it requires an act of Congress to get help, make account changes and or get questions answered.
If you are in the US and need to talk to someone who understands English… good luck
When using the Plantronic Headset with…
When using the Plantronic Headset with this system there seems to be a lot of static most of the time and we cannot seem to correct it, which is not what I obviously hoped for when talking to providers. If there is a way to correct the static noise heard by the person on the other end of the line this would be a very good system. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.
If we could rate zero stars, we would….
If we could rate zero stars, we would. Below is an email sent to a customer service rep who was following up with us about the services. At the bottom is the reply they gave us. We are so fed up with this company and ready to switch! ! The list goes one so much further than this list.
Just wanted to put out there a true example of their inability to provide decent and HONEST service.
1) We have been trying to order a desk phone so that when we are in the office we do not have to use the app on our cell phones (this looks very unprofessional to the patients)
One would think this would be a simple process, ALAS it was not! I had to reach out via email several times before I was finally routed to another account manager who said that we needed to log into our account to order the phone. I asked for step by step instructions to make it simple. We are a very busy office, I am the ONLY staff member here outside of the doctor. I need things to work the first time and to be simple. It was not simple.
2) I FINALLY got instruction, since it seems we can’t just ask our account manager to order a phone for us (what is the point of that?!) but it was only half the instructions I needed. After searching and clicking on every option I could think of, I finally figured it out on my own. I was able to select the correct phone and get through steps 1-3. Then I hit another brick wall. I Tried my account manager again via phone and email, no answer so I get on with chat support to assist me with getting past step 4 only to be told we have to purchase a 3rd line if we want a desk phone…..WHAT?! My account manager finally called back and confirmed that we need to purchase another line…. WHY?! this makes no sense.
3) Here is the problem and why it makes no sense to me or the doctor. When we initially signed up, our extremely incompetent and rude, account manager tried to sell us a $500+ desk phone to use with the services. We are a small operation, needless to say, we found a phone from an outside source for much cheaper. Turns out that phone is not compatible with your services. I was on the line with your tech support for a very long time trying to figure this out (also with the place we got the phone from) That is when we decided to return the phone and to just keep using the app for a while….
4) So now fast forward a few months later, and now magically our account is no longer compatible for a desk phone?! Tell me how that makes sense? Why would you all try to sell us a VERY expensive phone if it was not going to work? Why did your tech support try to help set up our outside phone that we purchased if our service was not set up for it?!
If we hadn’t paid for the year and if this all hadn’t already been such a huge headache, we would definitely be cancelling your services. I have been holding off on reviewing your services online, as I was hoping for some redemption for your services and customer service, but I am about out of hope for Ring Central. We have already looked at a few other services and are thinking when our contract is up with you we will be going over to Ooma. I just can not tell you how terrible this whole experience has been so difficult, so time consuming, HUGE lack of communication. I can’t wait to be done.
RING CENTRALS REPLY:
Good day and I hope you’re well.
As discussed through chat and by your Account Manager, we cannot assign the Main Company Number to your deskphone. Only Digital Lines can be assigned to a deskphone.
I will be leaving this case open on the next 24 hours so that if you want to follow up, you can contact us regarding the issue. Your case number is 09829014.
If we don’t receive a contact from you, we will close this ticket under good intent.
Thanks for choosing RingCentral. Happy thanksgiving.
Services provided by RingCentral seem…
Services provided by RingCentral seem ok , but only until you run into a technical issue. That’s when your nightmare starts. They will send you from one customer person to another, they would close your case for no reason, even a ticket that has just been opened, you would spend hours on the phone (your private phone, btw, as you work phone isn’t working at the moment) with them trying to resolve the issue, you would give them remote access to your computer… so it might take half of your workday or a few days at time to resolve an issue… I promise you would feel really-really frustrated dealing with their customer services, which on top of everything comes from people who don’t speak good english and so don’t always understand things correctly
This is the worst product and company…
This is the worst product and company I’ve ever dealt with. If there was a viable alternative that didn’t cost an arm and a leg we would have gladly taken it. As it is we are searching all the time so we can get rid of this “service”. The support is absolutely the worst, you can’t even understand the people, worse than that, they don’t understand you. And then they have the gall to badger you about what you think of their service and support. Are they kidding?
The incoming calls, when they work, are spotty and almost unintelligible. When making outgoing calls it’s just as bad. If you don’t input the phone number in two seconds it cuts you off and tells you the call can’t be made.
They may be cheap, but trust me when I say emphatically, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! If I could have given them 0 stars I would have.
I used Ring Central for a few years,…
I used Ring Central for a few years, and at first they were good. Then their pricing started increasing, and the service levels declined. We had spotty service, and for a customer service organization that’s not acceptable. I worked with support to no avail.
I cancelled in May 2019. Ring Central declined to accept my cancellation and even though I signed a contract in 2015, they claim they I owe them money until 2021.
I haven’t used their service since May, but they are still billing me. They are trying to prove to American Express that its a valid charge. I charged back, and they changed the company name to include “Events” to get charges through.
They are a terrible company, and if you wish to change providers. Good luck. If they have a credit card, they’ll keep on charging you.
I subscribed to Ring Central for…
I subscribed to Ring Central for business. The worst thing I ever did. The “state-imposed taxes” were more than half of the monthly bill. To try and save some money, I paid for the year. It took them 3 weeks (that I paid for) to set up my account because of a Glip issue. The audio was horrible & not because of my internet speed. Text messages to clients showed up as gibberish & in duplicate. Clients couldn’t get through to me & left me messages that I never got. Because of the embarrassment and harm this system did my company, I canceled my account with more than 7 months left on the annual subscription. When I inquired about the credit they owed me, they told me it’s a use it or lose it policy – no refunds! If you value your business and your clients, you will never use this company and warn others not to either. There are sooo many more better and less expensive options available. These guys should be ashamed of themselves for not having better customer service or having the courage to stand behind their products and services by providing refunds to customers who leave and/or have bad experiences. They don’t, because they’d go broke if they did.
I was using an entry-level VoIP…
I was using an entry-level VoIP provider system before and RingCentral had been recommended by a company I was doing business with. I like RingCentral better since it’s a next-level phone system and has more features, one of which is the recording that I use on every call/Meetings. Their team is also a pleasure to work with, professional and Efficient.
This is an absolute crap product….
This is an absolute crap product. Abysmal. Texting sometimes completely goes out. It just gives you an error that something is wrong(but does not say what) and it takes away the option to send a text. The only fix(in the chrome app add on) is to remove and reinstall the app to chrome.
Typing text messages to someone not all letters/words will type. Sometimes it omits several letters that have been typed or entire words or part of words which makes text messages unreadable and unprofessional. Sometimes the cursor jumps around in the text box so when typing so if I am adding text to a part of a message the cursor will jump to the end of the message, again making things unreadable and not professional.
The app on the phone, the website and the chrome add on do not sync contacts. So if I add a contact on the chrome app it will not automatically sync that contact to my phone. So you are constantly looking up phone numbers to figure out who you are texting/getting messages from.
Picture do NOT show up via the chrome app. It just shows as getting a blank message. You have to go to the website version of ring central to check the picture message. However the website is VERY cumbersome to use and is NOT user friendly.
Message forwarding does not work at all even though the function of it is on their website.
Their tech support is little to no help and many of the issues stated above have been ongoing for over a year(just google the problems for confirmation from other users). So it seems like they have little interest in making an actual quality working product.
It seems that they just lock people into contracts with the facade of a polished product with all these functions and then you get a twisted, sub-par version of what is promised.
Avoid this product and company at ALL costs.
P.S. In my own research it looks like this may have been a good company till 2016 but for some reason went downhill HARD. Not sure why but again, don’t waste your time and money on this product and business.
Absolutely terrible company. They allow…
Absolutely terrible company. They allow their sales people to lie to you about the capabilities of their system and when they can’t deliver what they said they could they browbeat you with the contract they tricked you into signing. If you have ANY SENSE AT ALL find another company to use for your phone service. Their system is shoddy, glitchy, overpriced and most importantly, may or may not be able to work for your business use, YOU CANNOT TRUST WHAT THEY TELL YOU. THEY WILL LIE TO YOU TO GET YOU TO SIGN UP. DON’T DO IT. You can do better.
RingCentral was founded in 1999 by Vlad Shmunis and launched in 2003 as one of the first providers to offer cloud-based IP PBX and phone service. The company provides a robust, redundant, and reliable platform that has numerous features. For more than a decade, RingCentral has offered small and medium-sized businesses phone features that were previously only available to the largest and richest companies. While it now has plenty of competition, RingCentral is still an industry leader.
RingCentral’s Help & Support Options:
- Customer phone support available with separate numbers for the US, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany and Australia. (Be prepared to provide your RingCentral phone number and security answer.)
- Live phone support for RingCentral Office (2+ users) plans is available 24/7.
- Live phone support for RingCentral Office (1 user) is available 5:00AM – 6:00PM PT, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Non-English support available Monday-Friday 9am-6pm Central European Time (CET)
- Live support chat via instant messaging, available 24/7.
- The ability to submit a ticket for handling more complex cases.
- Comprehensive knowledge base to answer frequently asked questions and quick troubleshooting.
- Guides, video tutorials and detailed training topics for different packages and services (Office, Contact Center Classic, Contact Center User Hub, RingCentral App, Meetings and more).
- Webinars including an extensive library of previously recorded presentations and the ability to request a live demonstration.
- Community message board where you can communicate with other RingCentral customers.
- A developer support center for issues such as app integrations.
- Professional consultations to ensure you receive the right service package, on-site hardware, post-installation maintenance and training for administrators.
- Service status page that displays any issues.
- An ROI calculator to compare the cost of RingCentral versus on-premise PBX.
RingCentral Pricing and Services
RingCentral’s Most Popular Plan: Office Premium
- Unlimited video and audio meetings with screen sharing on desktop and mobile (100 people per meeting)
- Unlimited phone calls
- 2,500 toll-free minutes
- Unlimited Business SMS
- Call management and phone administration (includes call forwarding etc. – detailed below)
- Phone rental options: desk and conference phones
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android
- High-definition (HD) voice
- Visual voicemail and voice mail-to-email
- Team collaboration
- Integrations with Microsoft, Google, Box and Okta
- 24/7 Customer support
- Professional implementation
- Multi-level auto attendant
- Internet fax
- Call log reports
- Quality of Service Reports
- Automatic call recording
- Multi-site support
- Custom app development and deployment
- Integration with Salesforce.com, Zendesk and Desk.com
- Single Sign-on
- Voicemail transcription to text
RingCentral Office Premium Pricing:
- 1 User: $44.99/user/mo when paying annually, $54.99/user/mo when paying monthly
- 2-99 Users: $34.99/user/mo when paying annually, $44.99/user/mo when paying monthly
- 100-999 Users: $32.99/user/mo when paying annually, $42.99/user/mo when paying monthly
- 1,000+ Users: $29.99/user/mo when paying annually, $39.99/user/mo when paying monthly
Add-on Pricing to Expand Your Plan With New Features:
- Additional toll-free or local numbers: $4.99/mo
- Additional vanity numbers: $30 one time fee
- Additional international numbers: starting at $5.99/mo per user
- Additional international toll-free number: $14.99/mo + $25 one time fee
Available Calling Features:
- Call Management & Phone System Administration: This sums up many terms for the ways you can control inbound and outbound calls, including working hours. It also controls what phones are connected within the plan so you can work from anywhere. Includes the following features:
- Answering rules.
- Call transfer.
- Call forwarding: Redirect all calls
- Call screening: Have the inbound caller say their name before they can connect to a call.
- Call flip: Transfer a call from your home device to your mobile device without putting the caller on hold.
- Call logs: See who called and for how long
- Presence: See who your colleagues are talking to, if anyone, before transferring a call.
- Notifications: Get notifications via email, text message, and your softphone/app when you miss a call.
- Shared lines: More than one phone can be connected to the same number or extension; no need for call transfers.
- Call park: Transfer a call to a dedicated “empty” line while you find the best person to take the call, who can pick up the call without having to talk to the first agent again
- Intercom: Talk to your colleagues within the office through your desk phone.
- Paging: Your desk phones’ speakerphones become a mini PA system within a department. Make announcements directly through your desk phone or smartphone.
- Automatic call recording: Record calls for legal and training purposes
- Multi-level auto-attendant: Set up a way to navigate inbound calls to the best agent to take incoming calls.
- Inbound Caller ID by name: See more than just a phone number when your phone rings
- Glip for team collaboration: Similar to Slack, Microsoft Teams or Cisco WebEx. This feature allows teams to communicate in their own permanent chat room, share notes, assign tasks, and access your files. This is available on all RingCentral Office plans.
- HD video conferencing: Hold conferences in 1080p on your tablet or computer using a regular webcam rather than room-sized equipment. The software automatically focuses on the person speaking.
- HD Voice: delivers audio in higher quality speech during a regular call.
- Phone rental or purchase: Save money in the long term by buying, or save money upfront and be assured of the best technical support with ongoing rentals.
- Toll free minutes: Every plan includes inbound toll free minutes to be shared with all users. Toll free number costs the same as a second local number.
- Unlimited inbound and outbound US calling: Plus great rates on international calls.
- Voicemail transcription: Access voicemail messages from your desk and mobile phones, email, desktop app, and online account.
- Mobile App: Available for iOS and Android.
RingCentral’s Recent Awards:
RingCentral has acquired many awards and certifications over the years:
- Zane Long, RingCentral SVP Global Channel Sales, Recognized as 2019 CRN Channel Chief
- RingCentral Recognized with the 2019 “Rising Star” Service Leader Award by CRM Magazine
- Frost & Sullivan 2017 Company of the Year Award for best practices in hosted IP telephony and UCaaS industry
- Frost & Sullivan, 2018 Market Insight, Enabling Digital Transformation with the Right UCaaS Solution
- RingCentral Named a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide
- RingCentral named the leading provider in Unified Communications as a Service category for the second year in a row IHS Markit UCaaS Scorecard 2018
Editor’s Bottom Line of RingCentral
With more than 350,000 small business customers, RingCentral has been a favorite among VoIP review sites, and with more than 2,500 employees the provider continues to innovate both with its in-house team and by making deals with smart companies.
One of the best moves it made was partnering with Zoom, enabling HD quality video conferences with large numbers of participants. Formerly, this was only available with huge hardware, some of which even required a dedicated room. Now laptop or tablet is all you need.
That offering was a game changer that few other providers could compete with. RingCentral has had a big head start over today’s VoIP startups, yet the company is always looking forward rather than resting on its laurels. Every few years, the provider finds a way to reinvent itself and stay fresh.
It’s hard to say anything bad about RingCentral, but they do seem a little vanilla – vanilla, of course, is the most popular flavor of ice cream, so that’s good for most. RingCentral tends to avoid the bleeding edge and sticks to software and hardware with a proven track record.
If you want a great VoIP experience, you can’t go wrong with this company.