I subscribed to Ring Central for business. The worst thing I ever did. The “state-imposed taxes” were more than half of the monthly bill. To try and save some money, I paid for the year. It took them 3 weeks (that I paid for) to set up my account because of a Glip issue. The audio was horrible & not because of my internet speed. Text messages to clients showed up as gibberish & in duplicate. Clients couldn’t get through to me & left me messages that I never got. Because of the embarrassment and harm this system did my company, I canceled my account with more than 7 months left on the annual subscription. When I inquired about the credit they owed me, they told me it’s a use it or lose it policy – no refunds! If you value your business and your clients, you will never use this company and warn others not to either. There are sooo many more better and less expensive options available. These guys should be ashamed of themselves for not having better customer service or having the courage to stand behind their products and services by providing refunds to customers who leave and/or have bad experiences. They don’t, because they’d go broke if they did.
RingCentral Verified Reviews & Ratings
I was using an entry-level VoIP…
I was using an entry-level VoIP provider system before and RingCentral had been recommended by a company I was doing business with. I like RingCentral better since it’s a next-level phone system and has more features, one of which is the recording that I use on every call/Meetings. Their team is also a pleasure to work with, professional and Efficient.
This is an absolute crap product….
This is an absolute crap product. Abysmal. Texting sometimes completely goes out. It just gives you an error that something is wrong(but does not say what) and it takes away the option to send a text. The only fix(in the chrome app add on) is to remove and reinstall the app to chrome.
Typing text messages to someone not all letters/words will type. Sometimes it omits several letters that have been typed or entire words or part of words which makes text messages unreadable and unprofessional. Sometimes the cursor jumps around in the text box so when typing so if I am adding text to a part of a message the cursor will jump to the end of the message, again making things unreadable and not professional.
The app on the phone, the website and the chrome add on do not sync contacts. So if I add a contact on the chrome app it will not automatically sync that contact to my phone. So you are constantly looking up phone numbers to figure out who you are texting/getting messages from.
Picture do NOT show up via the chrome app. It just shows as getting a blank message. You have to go to the website version of ring central to check the picture message. However the website is VERY cumbersome to use and is NOT user friendly.
Message forwarding does not work at all even though the function of it is on their website.
Their tech support is little to no help and many of the issues stated above have been ongoing for over a year(just google the problems for confirmation from other users). So it seems like they have little interest in making an actual quality working product.
It seems that they just lock people into contracts with the facade of a polished product with all these functions and then you get a twisted, sub-par version of what is promised.
Avoid this product and company at ALL costs.
P.S. In my own research it looks like this may have been a good company till 2016 but for some reason went downhill HARD. Not sure why but again, don’t waste your time and money on this product and business.
Absolutely terrible company. They allow…
Absolutely terrible company. They allow their sales people to lie to you about the capabilities of their system and when they can’t deliver what they said they could they browbeat you with the contract they tricked you into signing. If you have ANY SENSE AT ALL find another company to use for your phone service. Their system is shoddy, glitchy, overpriced and most importantly, may or may not be able to work for your business use, YOU CANNOT TRUST WHAT THEY TELL YOU. THEY WILL LIE TO YOU TO GET YOU TO SIGN UP. DON’T DO IT. You can do better.
The good: LOTS of features; tech…
The good: LOTS of features; tech support is friendly and reasonably competent (you may be calling them a lot); porting numbers out of RingCentral was no problem.
The bad: RingCentral has had a problem with 2 factor authentication across several of their products for several months. Their service offerings have come from acquisitions that haven’t been seamlessly integrated resulting in a fragmented user interface. The core interface for managing your phone systems is very unintuitive and requires visiting tutorial videos for even the most basic tasks; sometimes even their own tech support reps don’t get it right.
Overall: If your business is small and/or just needs basic call capabilities, RingCentral is overkill and will be more trouble than it’s worth. If you are a large company and have the resources to dedicate a person to manage configuration and ongoing maintenance of phones, RingCentral is probably a good choice. If you’re an SMB, it’ll be a tougher call to make. It’s hard to beat the breadth of features RingCentral provides, but actually using them is extremely frustrating. Years ago, RingCentral rolled out a very poorly designed web interface and the bad UI decisions made in that product continue to plague their product today (in addition to other feature acquisitions which are entirely separate interfaces).
If RingCentral can ever centralize service management into an interface that is friendly to the end user, they’ll return to the top spot. For the last several years and forseeable future, however, their platform is just too complex to be used effectively.
I just jumped in with the RingCentral…
I just jumped in with the RingCentral services and don’t see what all the poor reviews are about. I’m perfectly happy out of the box so hope to be still praising these guys a year from now. Setting up the system was easy and the customer service was excellent. Everything is working well and I am pleased.
When I finally needed some professional help, my calls to RingCentral were almost immediately taken with basically no “on hold” time. All techs were very polite and knowledgeable. Spent almost 2 hours with a tech one day and he fixed everything and answered all of my questions.
Been with this service provider for…
Been with this service provider for last 3 years, great product and offering, helping us scale and grow the business. Would highly recommend. love the team messaging and video apps. We have reduced our email volume by over 40% and taken all our calls to the mobile apps. We have even embraced BYOD policy for mobile saving the company money by not offering company mobiles.
We have been trying to cancel with them…
We have been trying to cancel with them for over two months now. They keep denying our Port Request. Each time they come with a new excuse as to why, even though we are asking each time if there is anything else that needs to be done, and of course we are told each time”no that will fix it, just get that done and send it back over”.
Yes, I know that we are in contract and yes we discussed the cancellation fee, which we have agreed to pay. That is not the issue.
Beware, canceling with them is a NIGHTMARE, and no, it is not dressed like a daydream….
I sent 5 emails to request the correct…
I sent 5 emails to request the correct invoice one week ago, but till now, I haven’t got a reply. They always directed you to methods but no result. I think Jay should improve her service, bad experience. I called three times, followed their instructions, but still incorrect invoices in our account.
We have had three VOIP Systems over the…
We have had three VOIP Systems over the past seven years. Ring Central is the most dependable, certainly the most robust, and virtually error-free. Improvements in the system are regular, and GLIP is fantastic. We love it.
Horrible customer service and bad…
Horrible customer service and bad business practices. I transferred to a new service and I thought that would mean my account would close. They assigned a new number to my account and kept taking money out of my account. When I called they said I was under a contract that my ex business partner, who hasn’t been around for 3 years, signed 4 years ago. The only way to cancel was to send them more money to buy out the contract. Not the best way to run a business. Maybe they need the money more than me, who knows.
The worst service out there. There is…
The worst service out there. There is no service provided. Waiting for a month to speak with a supervisor. Simple questions I have asked are simply not addressed with account executives, then the supervisor just never responds.
It’s truly embarrassing. I will be looking for another phone provided immediately as Ring Central is garbage.
It took 1.5 hours to speak to a…
It took 1.5 hours to speak to a Manager. When I called I had to speak to 4 individuals before I was able to talk to someone that could help me. Even then I could not leave a message for the supervisor myself because I was told he did not have a voicemail. I called a phone company that has Managers, and Supervisors that do not have voice mail. This is ironic to say the least. They will tell you what you want to hear to get your business, once they get your business they will act as if you don’t matter. Once you are signed up you will receive daily spam calls, spam faxes, and spam email.
1. They false advertise what their…
1. They false advertise what their service can do
2. Their support lacks knowledge and customer service skills
3. They brush you off by repeating the same answers until you give in to their dead-end support
4. Misleading service
5. RingCentral cheap and outsources to Philipines, where NO ONE can help you.
6. Stay away from them – FAR AWAY
This platform spend more on innovation…
This platform spend more on innovation and updates than most UCaaS vendors spend in total. Complete package, no extras to buy.
RingCentral was founded in 1999 by Vlad Shmunis and launched in 2003 as one of the first providers to offer cloud-based IP PBX and phone service. The company provides a robust, redundant, and reliable platform that has numerous features. For more than a decade, RingCentral has offered small and medium-sized businesses phone features that were previously only available to the largest and richest companies. While it now has plenty of competition, RingCentral is still an industry leader.
RingCentral’s Help & Support Options:
- Customer phone support available with separate numbers for the US, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany and Australia. (Be prepared to provide your RingCentral phone number and security answer.)
- Live phone support for RingCentral Office (2+ users) plans is available 24/7.
- Live phone support for RingCentral Office (1 user) is available 5:00AM – 6:00PM PT, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Non-English support available Monday-Friday 9am-6pm Central European Time (CET)
- Live support chat via instant messaging, available 24/7.
- The ability to submit a ticket for handling more complex cases.
- Comprehensive knowledge base to answer frequently asked questions and quick troubleshooting.
- Guides, video tutorials and detailed training topics for different packages and services (Office, Contact Center Classic, Contact Center User Hub, RingCentral App, Meetings and more).
- Webinars including an extensive library of previously recorded presentations and the ability to request a live demonstration.
- Community message board where you can communicate with other RingCentral customers.
- A developer support center for issues such as app integrations.
- Professional consultations to ensure you receive the right service package, on-site hardware, post-installation maintenance and training for administrators.
- Service status page that displays any issues.
- An ROI calculator to compare the cost of RingCentral versus on-premise PBX.
RingCentral Pricing and Services
RingCentral’s Most Popular Plan: Office Premium
- Unlimited video and audio meetings with screen sharing on desktop and mobile (100 people per meeting)
- Unlimited phone calls
- 2,500 toll-free minutes
- Unlimited Business SMS
- Call management and phone administration (includes call forwarding etc. – detailed below)
- Phone rental options: desk and conference phones
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android
- High-definition (HD) voice
- Visual voicemail and voice mail-to-email
- Team collaboration
- Integrations with Microsoft, Google, Box and Okta
- 24/7 Customer support
- Professional implementation
- Multi-level auto attendant
- Internet fax
- Call log reports
- Quality of Service Reports
- Automatic call recording
- Multi-site support
- Custom app development and deployment
- Integration with Salesforce.com, Zendesk and Desk.com
- Single Sign-on
- Voicemail transcription to text
RingCentral Office Premium Pricing:
- 1 User: $44.99/user/mo when paying annually, $54.99/user/mo when paying monthly
- 2-99 Users: $34.99/user/mo when paying annually, $44.99/user/mo when paying monthly
- 100-999 Users: $32.99/user/mo when paying annually, $42.99/user/mo when paying monthly
- 1,000+ Users: $29.99/user/mo when paying annually, $39.99/user/mo when paying monthly
Add-on Pricing to Expand Your Plan With New Features:
- Additional toll-free or local numbers: $4.99/mo
- Additional vanity numbers: $30 one time fee
- Additional international numbers: starting at $5.99/mo per user
- Additional international toll-free number: $14.99/mo + $25 one time fee
Available Calling Features:
- Call Management & Phone System Administration: This sums up many terms for the ways you can control inbound and outbound calls, including working hours. It also controls what phones are connected within the plan so you can work from anywhere. Includes the following features:
- Answering rules.
- Call transfer.
- Call forwarding: Redirect all calls
- Call screening: Have the inbound caller say their name before they can connect to a call.
- Call flip: Transfer a call from your home device to your mobile device without putting the caller on hold.
- Call logs: See who called and for how long
- Presence: See who your colleagues are talking to, if anyone, before transferring a call.
- Notifications: Get notifications via email, text message, and your softphone/app when you miss a call.
- Shared lines: More than one phone can be connected to the same number or extension; no need for call transfers.
- Call park: Transfer a call to a dedicated “empty” line while you find the best person to take the call, who can pick up the call without having to talk to the first agent again
- Intercom: Talk to your colleagues within the office through your desk phone.
- Paging: Your desk phones’ speakerphones become a mini PA system within a department. Make announcements directly through your desk phone or smartphone.
- Automatic call recording: Record calls for legal and training purposes
- Multi-level auto-attendant: Set up a way to navigate inbound calls to the best agent to take incoming calls.
- Inbound Caller ID by name: See more than just a phone number when your phone rings
- Glip for team collaboration: Similar to Slack, Microsoft Teams or Cisco WebEx. This feature allows teams to communicate in their own permanent chat room, share notes, assign tasks, and access your files. This is available on all RingCentral Office plans.
- HD video conferencing: Hold conferences in 1080p on your tablet or computer using a regular webcam rather than room-sized equipment. The software automatically focuses on the person speaking.
- HD Voice: delivers audio in higher quality speech during a regular call.
- Phone rental or purchase: Save money in the long term by buying, or save money upfront and be assured of the best technical support with ongoing rentals.
- Toll free minutes: Every plan includes inbound toll free minutes to be shared with all users. Toll free number costs the same as a second local number.
- Unlimited inbound and outbound US calling: Plus great rates on international calls.
- Voicemail transcription: Access voicemail messages from your desk and mobile phones, email, desktop app, and online account.
- Mobile App: Available for iOS and Android.
RingCentral’s Recent Awards:
RingCentral has acquired many awards and certifications over the years:
- Zane Long, RingCentral SVP Global Channel Sales, Recognized as 2019 CRN Channel Chief
- RingCentral Recognized with the 2019 “Rising Star” Service Leader Award by CRM Magazine
- Frost & Sullivan 2017 Company of the Year Award for best practices in hosted IP telephony and UCaaS industry
- Frost & Sullivan, 2018 Market Insight, Enabling Digital Transformation with the Right UCaaS Solution
- RingCentral Named a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide
- RingCentral named the leading provider in Unified Communications as a Service category for the second year in a row IHS Markit UCaaS Scorecard 2018
Editor’s Bottom Line of RingCentral
With more than 350,000 small business customers, RingCentral has been a favorite among VoIP review sites, and with more than 2,500 employees the provider continues to innovate both with its in-house team and by making deals with smart companies.
One of the best moves it made was partnering with Zoom, enabling HD quality video conferences with large numbers of participants. Formerly, this was only available with huge hardware, some of which even required a dedicated room. Now laptop or tablet is all you need.
That offering was a game changer that few other providers could compete with. RingCentral has had a big head start over today’s VoIP startups, yet the company is always looking forward rather than resting on its laurels. Every few years, the provider finds a way to reinvent itself and stay fresh.
It’s hard to say anything bad about RingCentral, but they do seem a little vanilla – vanilla, of course, is the most popular flavor of ice cream, so that’s good for most. RingCentral tends to avoid the bleeding edge and sticks to software and hardware with a proven track record.
If you want a great VoIP experience, you can’t go wrong with this company.