I work as a remote support rep for a big retailer. Their Maxx app/dialer has a terrible interface, there are consistent issues with audio quality including echoing, lag, static, and disconnections. I’m on a 75 Mbps fiber connection with super low latency and RC diagnostics show no issues. Stay away
RingCentral Verified Reviews & Ratings
I was trapped in the service for years…
I was trapped in the service for years before I could get through to somebody to even counsel the account, after threatening to report to the attorney general of Oregon somebody finally got back to me about canceling my account, I still have not received any kind of a refund for the $15 a month for years that was taken out of my account for a service that I never even received. there was absolutely no customer service and no way for me to figure out how to get into my own account so that I could even use the service if I even needed it. Scam stay away from this company
I have had a horrible experience with…
I have had a horrible experience with RingCentral and when I try to enter, they make it extremely vague and difficult. The staff are used to complaints and seem not to care at all about making cancellations and essentially keep you trapped in their service. I just want to be free from this horrible company.
I have a small law office with myself…
I have a small law office with myself and 2 part-time assistants who often work offsite online and answering phones. I used Ring Central successfully and without any issues for approximately 2 years. About 2 months ago our lines stopped ringing. By that I mean, the phone lines would not ring and callers would go straight to voicemail. Tech support said we had to set up my assistant’s line on a operate extension. This is despite the fact that we had no issues for 2 years preceding this. We changed the setup. The problem would re-appear every other day or so. They keep telling us that we need to set up separate extensions, but they had already done that and the problem continued. Between my office staff and myself we have lost maybe 10-12 hours on the phone or online chat with Tech support, not to mention an unknown amount of lost business and potential clients. Ring Central is unable to explain why the system worked without any issues for years. Then when we change the setup to what they suggest, the problem actually becomes much worse. I cannot tell you how many times we heard the phrase “I have no explanation.” they clearly do not understand their product and as a result, they cannot fix the problem. If receiving calls from potential clients or customers is important to your business, stay far away. If you think that they best way to handle client calls is to send them all straight to voicemail, then this is the company for you. Again I will stress…stay far away.
I cannot objectively rate the equipment…
I cannot objectively rate the equipment because the phones have been sitting on our desks for 4 weeks, unused, gathering dust after I paid a for year’s service in advance. I get repeated automated e mails (6/23. 6/25. 6/25, 6/26, and 6/29) from RC saying my current carrier has a freeze on porting. I have contacted my current carrier 3 times and have been told there is no freeze because there has been no request for porting from RC. Yesterday the porting supervisor from my current carrier reached out to RC and others in a group e mail telling all that if they would submit the request it would be processed. To date all I have heard from RC is someone calling about a dissatisfaction survey I received and returned. I am ready to box the equipment up and return it. It is time someone does their freaking job!
We use RingCentral as our primary…
We use RingCentral as our primary communications/video/phone app suite at work. It is great and has become even better because they integrated all three main apps into one (RingCentral Messaging, RingCentral Phone, and RingCentral Meetings). I do not know what their pricing is compared to other similar apps, so I can’t say anything on that.
Switched from Nextiva over to…
Switched from Nextiva over to RingCentral and now we are having buyers remorse! We have multiple sales reps on the road and reply on the RC mobile apps. They have multiple apps and none of them have worked from the beginning. They say that they have their engineers working on them and it’s always the same story of making it a priority to fix the issue. Well, months later and their “priority” is still in limbo. You would think that they would offer us some kind of compensation but they don’t even care. Bottom line, they look and sound great up front but once you are locked in, they really don’t care about the customer! Since it is a public company, I guess they only care about the shareholders and not their actual customers!
We’ve been with Ringcentral for about…
We’ve been with Ringcentral for about 8 years. It’s been a reliable service and they are always updating features. However . . . .
A few months ago they raised the price of our service 4x’s. We’ve made very little changes to our account over the years and don’t use all the added features. We’ve tried to work the pricing out with them as we feel our account should be grandfathered in. At minimum, quadrupling our monthly from one month to the next, is unacceptable. They refused to work with us on pricing so we’re moving to a different company.
I agree that their support is pretty bad but to their credit, we’ve had very little issues with the system itself. It’s also nearly impossible to speak to a supervisor, the reps will put you on hold for 20-30 minutes and then come back and say a supervisor is not available and expect a call from the supervisor. The supervisor never calls, instead they email you and nothing ever gets resolved quickly. It’s a HUGE struggle!!!
We’ve been trying to port out our numbers for about a month now and they keep rejecting our requests even though we’ve had confirmation several times that our LOA port request form was completed correctly. I’m going to be reporting them to the FCC & FTC in the next 48 hours if they don’t get it together and fix the issue of our porting request.
SAVE YOURSELF SOME FRUSTRATION AND DON’T CHOOSE RING CENTRAL!
We have been with Ring Central since…
We have been with Ring Central since 2014 and we do not have a problem with their products. However, their customer service is by far the WORST of any industry. We didn’t realize this until recently because we’ve never had to call. Every time we need help with our account they tell us we need to speak with our account manager (the account manager changes every time we call and they’re never available by the way). Once we do speak with our “account manager” we know we’re going to spend at least 30-45 minutes on the phone because they’re so inefficient. Also, they always put us on hold without even asking and it’s very frustrating. The funny thing is that this type of service does not occur when we call to add another line. When that happens ANYBODY can help you and the wait times are less than 5 minutes. On the other hand, when we call to remove a line because an employee is no longer with us it becomes a nightmare. It takes forever to do so and they never want to give us our prorated refund back (we pay in full every year so we’re entitled to receive a refund). They say they’ll give us a credit instead which will apply at our next renewal. That’s not the norm so don’t let them fool you. We have to fight and spend a lot of time on the phone until they eventually gives us the refund we deserve. To sum up, DO NOT waste your time and money with Ring Central (you’ll thank us later). We already started looking at other options and will cancel our policy in the next couple of days.
I was told that I can change my plan,…
I was told that I can change my plan, but when I called to do this over the last two days, on the phone for hours repeatedly put on hold to talk to the right person, I was told that I should have read the fine print and no I cannot reduce the number of lines. When I pushed that this is not what I was told, I was told by Shawn, the complaints / customer service person, that I should have read the contract better. This is also in the middle of Covid-19. As a doctor, I know that patients sign consent forms but when things go wrong, that doesn’t mean they can’t sue. It is what is communicated, not what is in the fine print, that matters. Ring Central could not give me an email that I could write to or a manager that I could speak with. A manager may call me back in 24 to 72 hours. I haven’t heard back from the manager from yesterday yet.
The tech support is also horrible three times out of four. You are on the phone for hours. Different people say different things. I still can’t get the app to work reliably with dropped calls.
It is a HORRIBLE SERVICE.
Finally I was told that I can reduce the number of lines, by paying the full price of the contract. Doesn’t that say it all as to the ethics of this company. As soon as my contract is up, I am finding a different provider. I recommend you do the same.
RingCentral was founded in 1999 by Vlad Shmunis and launched in 2003 as one of the first providers to offer cloud-based IP PBX and phone service. The company provides a robust, redundant, and reliable platform that has numerous features. For more than a decade, RingCentral has offered small and medium-sized businesses phone features that were previously only available to the largest and richest companies. While it now has plenty of competition, RingCentral is still an industry leader.
RingCentral’s Help & Support Options:
- Customer phone support available with separate numbers for the US, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany and Australia. (Be prepared to provide your RingCentral phone number and security answer.)
- Live phone support for RingCentral Office (2+ users) plans is available 24/7.
- Live phone support for RingCentral Office (1 user) is available 5:00AM – 6:00PM PT, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Non-English support available Monday-Friday 9am-6pm Central European Time (CET)
- Live support chat via instant messaging, available 24/7.
- The ability to submit a ticket for handling more complex cases.
- Comprehensive knowledge base to answer frequently asked questions and quick troubleshooting.
- Guides, video tutorials and detailed training topics for different packages and services (Office, Contact Center Classic, Contact Center User Hub, RingCentral App, Meetings and more).
- Webinars including an extensive library of previously recorded presentations and the ability to request a live demonstration.
- Community message board where you can communicate with other RingCentral customers.
- A developer support center for issues such as app integrations.
- Professional consultations to ensure you receive the right service package, on-site hardware, post-installation maintenance and training for administrators.
- Service status page that displays any issues.
- An ROI calculator to compare the cost of RingCentral versus on-premise PBX.
RingCentral Pricing and Services
RingCentral’s Most Popular Plan: Office Premium
- Unlimited video and audio meetings with screen sharing on desktop and mobile (100 people per meeting)
- Unlimited phone calls
- 2,500 toll-free minutes
- Unlimited Business SMS
- Call management and phone administration (includes call forwarding etc. – detailed below)
- Phone rental options: desk and conference phones
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android
- High-definition (HD) voice
- Visual voicemail and voice mail-to-email
- Team collaboration
- Integrations with Microsoft, Google, Box and Okta
- 24/7 Customer support
- Professional implementation
- Multi-level auto attendant
- Internet fax
- Call log reports
- Quality of Service Reports
- Automatic call recording
- Multi-site support
- Custom app development and deployment
- Integration with Salesforce.com, Zendesk and Desk.com
- Single Sign-on
- Voicemail transcription to text
RingCentral Office Premium Pricing:
- 1 User: $44.99/user/mo when paying annually, $54.99/user/mo when paying monthly
- 2-99 Users: $34.99/user/mo when paying annually, $44.99/user/mo when paying monthly
- 100-999 Users: $32.99/user/mo when paying annually, $42.99/user/mo when paying monthly
- 1,000+ Users: $29.99/user/mo when paying annually, $39.99/user/mo when paying monthly
Add-on Pricing to Expand Your Plan With New Features:
- Additional toll-free or local numbers: $4.99/mo
- Additional vanity numbers: $30 one time fee
- Additional international numbers: starting at $5.99/mo per user
- Additional international toll-free number: $14.99/mo + $25 one time fee
Available Calling Features:
- Call Management & Phone System Administration: This sums up many terms for the ways you can control inbound and outbound calls, including working hours. It also controls what phones are connected within the plan so you can work from anywhere. Includes the following features:
- Answering rules.
- Call transfer.
- Call forwarding: Redirect all calls
- Call screening: Have the inbound caller say their name before they can connect to a call.
- Call flip: Transfer a call from your home device to your mobile device without putting the caller on hold.
- Call logs: See who called and for how long
- Presence: See who your colleagues are talking to, if anyone, before transferring a call.
- Notifications: Get notifications via email, text message, and your softphone/app when you miss a call.
- Shared lines: More than one phone can be connected to the same number or extension; no need for call transfers.
- Call park: Transfer a call to a dedicated “empty” line while you find the best person to take the call, who can pick up the call without having to talk to the first agent again
- Intercom: Talk to your colleagues within the office through your desk phone.
- Paging: Your desk phones’ speakerphones become a mini PA system within a department. Make announcements directly through your desk phone or smartphone.
- Automatic call recording: Record calls for legal and training purposes
- Multi-level auto-attendant: Set up a way to navigate inbound calls to the best agent to take incoming calls.
- Inbound Caller ID by name: See more than just a phone number when your phone rings
- RingCentral Desktop App for team collaboration: Similar to Slack, Microsoft Teams or Cisco WebEx. This feature allows teams to communicate in their own permanent chat room, share notes, assign tasks, and access your files. This is available on all RingCentral Office plans.
- HD video conferencing: Hold conferences in 1080p on your tablet or computer using a regular webcam rather than room-sized equipment. The software automatically focuses on the person speaking.
- HD Voice: delivers audio in higher quality speech during a regular call.
- Phone rental or purchase: Save money in the long term by buying, or save money upfront and be assured of the best technical support with ongoing rentals.
- Toll free minutes: Every plan includes inbound toll free minutes to be shared with all users. Toll free number costs the same as a second local number.
- Unlimited inbound and outbound US calling: Plus great rates on international calls.
- Voicemail transcription: Access voicemail messages from your desk and mobile phones, email, desktop app, and online account.
- Mobile App: Available for iOS and Android.
RingCentral’s Recent Awards:
RingCentral has acquired many awards and certifications over the years:
- Zane Long, RingCentral SVP Global Channel Sales, Recognized as 2019 CRN Channel Chief
- RingCentral Recognized with the 2019 “Rising Star” Service Leader Award by CRM Magazine
- Frost & Sullivan 2017 Company of the Year Award for best practices in hosted IP telephony and UCaaS industry
- Frost & Sullivan, 2018 Market Insight, Enabling Digital Transformation with the Right UCaaS Solution
- RingCentral Named a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide
- RingCentral named the leading provider in Unified Communications as a Service category for the second year in a row IHS Markit UCaaS Scorecard 2018
Editor’s Bottom Line of RingCentral
With more than 350,000 small business customers, RingCentral has been a favorite among VoIP review sites, and with more than 2,500 employees the provider continues to innovate both with its in-house team and by making deals with smart companies.
One of the best moves it made was partnering with Zoom, enabling HD quality video conferences with large numbers of participants. Formerly, this was only available with huge hardware, some of which even required a dedicated room. Now laptop or tablet is all you need.
That offering was a game changer that few other providers could compete with. RingCentral has had a big head start over today’s VoIP startups, yet the company is always looking forward rather than resting on its laurels. Every few years, the provider finds a way to reinvent itself and stay fresh.
It’s hard to say anything bad about RingCentral, but they do seem a little vanilla – vanilla, of course, is the most popular flavor of ice cream, so that’s good for most. RingCentral tends to avoid the bleeding edge and sticks to software and hardware with a proven track record.
If you want a great VoIP experience, you can’t go wrong with this company.