RingCentral is a cloud UCaaS and CCaaS provider consistently named as a Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader and trusted by over 400,000 businesses worldwide.
Available solutions include a powerful business phone system, a CX-focused contact center, video meeting and webinar tools, and AI-powered Conversational Intelligence.
This review evaluates all RingCentral pricing and plans, features and channels, integrations, and more.
An Overview of RingCentral Products
RingCentral offers four core products:
- RingCentral MVP Business Communications: A UCaaS platform combining VoIP telephony, video conferencing, and team chat messaging
- RingCentral Video Solutions: Standalone video conferencing tools, a webinar platform, and conference room hardware
- RingCentral Contact Center: An omnichannel CCaaS solution with WFM and WFO
- Conversation Intelligence: Add-on licensing for Conversational AI and AI-powered automations, analytics, and agent coaching
We’ll also discuss available RingCentral integrations, the RingCentral App, available analytics tools and metrics, overall user experience, and RingCentral security and support.
RingCentral MVP Business Communications
RingCentral MVP (formerly RingCentral Office) is an all-in-one Unified Communications solution streamlining team chat messaging, VoIP calling, Enhanced SMS texting, and video calling into a single platform.
Accessible on desktop and mobile devices (for Android and Apple iOS), the MVP Business Communications platform eliminates constant app switching and syncs all call center activity in real-time.
Users can access MVP via the downloadable RingCentral App or directly in-browser.
RingCentral MVP Pricing and Plans
RingCentral MVP offers 3 paid plans from $20-$35/user/month and up, a 15-day free trial, and volume discounts for teams with over 50 users.
Both annual and monthly plans are available, with annual payment offering up to 33% in savings.
All RingCentral MVP Plans Include:
- Unlimited calling in the US and Canada
- Team chat messaging and file sharing
- Video meeting capabilities (max. number of participants vary by plan)
- Virtual voicemail and Voicemail-to-email
- Multi-level auto attendant and IVR
- Shared lines
- On-demand call recording
- HD Voice and Video with AI-powered noise cancellation
- Inbound Caller ID
- Unlimited audio conferencing
- Screen sharing and remote screen control
- Live video meeting transcription
- AI Meeting Insights
- Virtual Whiteboard
- Collaborative Note Taking
- Video breakout rooms
- APIs and developer platform
- Integrated calling for Microsoft Teams
- Basic call logs
- QoS real-time reporting
Paid Add-Ons Include:
- Additional Toll-Free or Local Numbers: $4.99/number per month
- Additional Vanity Phone Numbers: $30.00 one-time fee
- Additional International Phone Numbers: $5.99/user per month
- RingCentral Webinar: $75.00/host/month
- High Volume SMS: $0.0085/message sent and/or received
- RingCentral Rooms License: $49.00/user per month or $468.00/user per year (Advanced and Ultra Plans only)
- RingCentral Conversation Intelligence for Sales: Quote-based (Advanced and Ultra Plans only)
Below, we’ve outlined the key differences between all RingCentral MVP pricing and plans:
|Pricing||– $20//user/month annual pricing
– $30/user/month monthly pricing
|– $25/user/month annual pricing
$35/user/month monthly pricing
|– $35/user/month annual pricing
– $45/user/month monthly pricing
|Included Monthly Toll-Free Minutes||100||1,000||10,000|
|Enhanced Business SMS||25 messages/user/month||100 messages/user/month||200 messages/user/month|
|Call Queues||Basic queuing only||Advanced call queue rules and routing options||Advanced call queue rules and routing options|
|Call Recording||On-Demand Only||Automatic and On-Demand||Automatic and On-Demand|
|8-Digit Extensions with Site Codes||X||✓||✓|
|Team Messaging Storage||Limited Storage||Limited Storage||Unlimited Storage|
|Maximum Video Conferencing Participants||100||100||200 with large meeting add-on options available|
|Video Meeting Recording||10 hours/7 days of cloud recording retention period||10 hours/7 days of cloud recording retention period||100 hours/1 year of cloud recording retention period|
|Unlimited Internet Fax||X||✓||✓|
|Unlimited File Storage (Files, Messaging, Recordings)||X||✓||✓|
|Integrations||Basic Integrations Only||CRM Integrations, Industry-Specific Integrations, RingCentral Archiver Cloud Storage Backup Integration||CRM Integrations, Industry-Specific Integrations, RingCentral Archiver Cloud Storage Backup Integration|
|Business Analytics Essentials and Pro||X||Essentials included, Pro available as add-on||Essentials and Pro included|
|Cost Center Management, Custom Roles/Permissions, Multi-Site Admin/Management||X||✓||✓|
Top RingCentral MVP Features
Below, we’ll quickly outline the most important RingCentral MVP features and functionalities.
Note: Because RingCentral Video is available as a standalone product in addition to being included with all MVP packages, we’ll discuss video conferencing capabilities in the Video Solutions section.
RingCentral MVP Team Messaging and Collaboration Tools
Below, we’ll outline available RingCentral MVP chat and team collaboration features.
RingCentral MVP’s Team Messaging App is a chat interface that lets users exchange instant messages, share and edit files, create and manage tasks, start and schedule video meetings, and more.
Real-time file and message syncing prevents miscommunications and ensures everyone is working with the same–and most up-to-date–information.
Within the Messaging applications, users choose from one-on-one Direct Messaging, casual and admin-less Group Conversations, or project/department-specific Team Conversations managed by admins. Team Conversations can be set to public or private, and external users can be added to a Team Conversation.
Within the chat interface, users can:
- Pin key messages (Ensuring everyone in the channel sees them)
- Bookmark messages (So individual users can refer back to them later)
- Favorite conversations or messages
- Create message threads and reply directly to messages
- React to messages with emojis
- @mention (tag) users
- Edit/delete/forward/quote messages
- Access one-click video or phone calling
- View Team/Conversation member lists
- Group similar chats into a folder
- Mark message as unread
- Search and filter messages
- Enable live message push notifications
- Access an always-on huddle room
One of the best MVP Team Messaging features is the intuitive user interface, which automatically creates and organizes conversations tabs in the sidebar Conversation Details Tab. This tab provides easy access to conversation-specific pinned messages, files and images, tasks, links, notes, events, and integrations.
The Messaging interface is also home to team collaboration capabilities like file sharing, task management, and notes.
Users can share documents, images, and videos of up to 5 MB each directly within the team file repository or as a message attachment. These files can be uploaded from a user’s desktop or via a third-party storage app like Dropbox and Box, OneDrive, SharePoint, and Google Drive.
Real-time file commenting with replies enables a seamless editing process. Files can be downloaded, stored in the searchable cloud, shared, or deleted.
Users can also create individual or collaborative notes within chat conversations–and any team or group member can access and edit them. Notes-taking features include rich text formatting, the ability to upload files, tables, images, and code snippets, and note titling.
The Task Management tool lets users assign tasks to themselves or other users, name tasks, assign tasks to multiple users.
Task Management capabilities include:
- Add task title, description, and category
- Assign tasks to multiple team members
- Set Due dates and times
- Set recurring tasks and task dependencies
- Attach files to task
- Update task status
- Color tag tasks
- Reply to (comment on) tasks
RingCentral MVP Business Phone System
RingCentral’s cloud-based phone system offers unlimited local VoIP calling on desktop and mobile devices alongside a robust set of call management features.
Users can choose from local phone numbers in over 200 area codes to create a local presence, or opt for toll-free, vanity, or international numbers in over 100 countries. Number porting is also available for existing numbers.
Some of the most-used RingCentral Cloud Phone features are:
- Standard call handling capabilities like Call forwarding, call park, call transfer, call flip, call delegation, and call screening
- RingOut one-click calling from desktop computers and phones
- Intercom and paging for company-wide announcements
- Shared lines
- Dial-by-name directory
- Automatic voicemail transcriptions, voicemail-to-text, and voicemail-to-email
- On-demand and automatic call recording with cloud storage
- Online faxing
- Voice or touch-tone multi-level IVR (Interactive Voice Response) and ACD (Automatic Call Distribution)
- Heads-Up Display
- Custom greetings and hold music
- Audio conferencing
- Cloud PBX
- Call monitoring, call whisper, call barge
Call routing is one of the most important RingCentral features, as it allows admins to create basic call flows for inbound calls, sending them to individual agents, departments, ring groups, or other IVR menus based on user input into the IVR system.
Admins can choose from skills-based routing, priority routing, simultaneous ringing, round-robin routing, time-based routing, or list/fixed order routing.
In addition to call routing, pre-set call rules automatically direct phone calls and play specific greetings according to business hours, agent availability, holiday schedule, the department dialed, and custom options.
User Presence, which lets team members set their current status to let team members know if they’re available, is another essential feature. Users can manually or automatically update their status to available, on hold, on a call, in a meeting, or choose from custom statuses. or on hold, is also available for smartphone, softphone, and desk phone users. Cross-device presence monitoring across smartphones, desk phones, and softphones increases the chances of connecting callers with available team members and shortens hold/wait times.
MVP offers call queueing for a maximum of 25 calls and lets admins choose between sequential and simultaneous distribution, customize wait time and after-call work time, and assign individual agents or ring groups to specific queues.
Note that more advanced IVA, AI-powered automations, and call flow design options are available with the RingCentral Contact Center solution, as MVP serves as a more basic business phone system.
RingCentral Business SMS
MVP also includes Enhanced Business SMS and MMS texting capabilities via the same RingCentral phone number used for voice calls and faxes.
Team members can message internal users and external clients via the RingCentral softphone desktop app or mobile devices. Users can send/receive texts, images, audio files, videos, attachments, website links, and even one-click audio conference and video conference access links.
Individual and group texting is available, while spam blacklisting and number blocking keeps communication secure. Additional texting features include a search function, a 1,000 character limit for local messaging, and bulk texting up to 100 recipients.
Integrate existing third-party tools to send out automated appointment reminders, customer surveys, order confirmations, and more.
RingCentral MVP Analytics
The RingCentral Analytics Portal provides MVP users with real-time and historical insight into customer, agent, and team/department activity via interactive reporting.
Reports provide a summary of RingCentral activity for the past day, calendar week, work week, and month. Customized date ranges are also available, and data can be drilled down by department, ring group, or agent. Reports can be shared automatically at preset intervals or manually.
RingCentral MVP measures over 30 key metrics and KPIs, offers pre-made reporting templates, and lets admins create custom reporting dashboards with drag-and-drop widgets.
Available pre-made report topics include:
- Adoption and Usage: Data on how your team uses RingCentral
- Company Numbers: Percentage of answered calls, percentage of calls sent to voicemail, percentage of missed calls, average call duration and call handle time, and the number of transferred, abandoned, or put on hold.
- Live Reports: Real-time data of user activity with over 30 available metrics
- Performance Reports: User performance, predictive analytics, KPI trends, call data per agent/department, meeting attendees and meeting performance
- Quality of Service Reports: Monitor and manage user escalation, identify potential problems, view call/meeting quality
RingCentral Video Solutions
RingCentral offers two main video meeting solutions: RingCentral Video and RingCentral Webinar. RingCentral Rooms, a conference room hardware solution for blended and in-office meetings, is also available.
Below, we’ll provide a quick overview of RingCentral’s Video Solutions.
RingCentral Video Solutions Pricing and Plans
- RingCentral Video Pro is a free video calling tool that’s also included in RingCentral MVP. Anyone can download RingCentral Pro for free–they do not need to have a paid RingCentral account. This enables teams to make/receive video calls from external clients and partners who don’t have a paid account.
- RingCentral Pro Video+, available for $11.99/user/month, is a paid upgrade best serving current Video Pro users that don’t need additional RingCentral software. It offers features, like CRM integrations and analytics, already available to MVP users.
- RingCentral Webinar is an online event platform available as a standalone tool or add-on to another RingCentral product. Its pricing starts at $75.00/host/month, and allows between 500-10,000 attendees per event.
- RingCentral Rooms provides equipment and hardware (to purchase or rent) that lets teams create customized physical conference rooms powered by RingCentral’s video calling tools.
RingCentral Video Pro Pricing
First, we’ll explore the pricing plans differences between Video Pro and Plus+ Plans:
All RingCentral Video Plans include:
- Meeting durations of up to 24 hours
- Screen sharing and remote screen control
- Team chat messaging with file sharing
- Breakout rooms
- MVP team collaboration tools (collaborative notes, task management, etc.)
- HD Video and AI noise cancellation
- Unlimited audio conferencing
- Meeting waiting room
- Custom Personal Meeting ID
- Device flip
- Virtual backgrounds
- AI Meeting Insights
- Live transcription and meeting captions
- Online whiteboarding
The below table outlines pricing differences between RingCentral Video Pro and RingCentral Video Pro+ plans:
|Video Pro||Video Pro+|
|Maximum Meeting Participants||100||200|
|Video Recording||10 hours/7 days cloud recording retention||100 hours/1 year cloud recording retention|
|Call Me/Call Out (500 Included Minutes)||X||✓|
|Business App Integrations and APIs||X||✓|
|Single Sign-On (SSO), User Management, Data Retention Policy||X||✓|
RingCentral Webinar Pricing
RingCentral Webinar pricing begins at $75/user/month, and can be used as a standalone virtual event tool or as an add-on to RingCentral Video Pro+ or MVP plans.
RingCentral pricing varies by the maximum number of webinar participants (500-10,000), but all Webinar license holders have access to the below features:
- Host unlimited number of webinars
- Webinar participants don’t have to download RingCentral
- Unlimited webinar recording cloud storage
- HD video
- Webinar scheduling, invitations, and management
- In-event polling and Q&A
- Debrief sessions and webinar backstage prep
- Branded webinars
- Integration with marketing automation tools like Marketo and Zapier
- Automated email reminders and follow-ups
- Social sharing with link tracking
- Third-party platform live streaming
- Exportable attendee list
Top RingCentral Video Pro and Pro+ Features
RingCentral Video Pro is a downloadable or browser-based web conferencing tool available as a standalone free desktop and mobile app or as a part of RingCentral MVP.
Free Pro users can host up to 100 participants for a meeting duration of 24 hours, while paid Pro+ plans can host 200 participants. All users have access to MVP’s team collaboration and in-meeting team chat messaging.
Video Pro is accessible on desktop and mobile devices, and users can switch between devices during a meeting.
Hosts can schedule meetings, select meeting topics, set a meeting duration, and create recurring meetings. Invitations can be sent via link sharing, a calendar invite, email, SMS, chat, or via the “Call Me” feature.
In-meeting participant control features (mute, remove participant, enable/disable participant cameras, etc) are available, as are meeting passwords and waiting rooms for added security.
Video meetings also have essential team collaboration features like screen sharing, remote control, and whiteboarding. Users can share entire screens, individual applications, or singular files on desktop and mobile devices, and can annotate shared screens.
The Whiteboarding tool is a digital version of the traditional office whiteboard, letting users add images, pre-configured shapes, text, freehand drawing, sticky notes, and more. The whiteboard offers a nearly infinite canvas, but users can quickly scroll larger boards using the mini-map to find what they need. The “Bring Everyone to Me” feature automatically centers whiteboard collaborators’ screens to a pinpointed location.
Users can share and export whiteboards, switch between multiple whiteboards, and access whiteboards on mobile devices.
AI Meeting Insights, powered by Conversational Intelligence, create and share with participants an automated meeting summary of all video calls. This includes a written summary, video highlight reel, keywords, and a complete meeting transcription searchable by speaker, topic, or keyword. Users can even filter meeting recordings by specific speakers or access time-stamped URLs.
Top RingCentral Webinar Features
RingCentral Webinar, still a relatively new product, lets teams host webinars and virtual events for up to 10,000 attendees (a paid RingCentral MVP or Video Pro+ account is required to access the Webinar platform.)
All attendees–whether RingCentral users are not–can join webinars via desktop and mobile devices in-browser or via the RingCentral App.
Hosts can decide to run webinars with or without attendee registration. Without is ideal for company-wide events or town halls, while enabling registration is better for employee training, sales/marketing events, or other external webinars.)
Hosts can add up to 100 co-hosts or panelists, start and pause webinar recordings, and share recording links without restriction once the event is complete. To ensure panelists are fully prepared for the event, they can run pre-webinar practice sessions. Post-webinar debrief sessions with hosts, co-hosts, and panelists are also available.
During a webinar, panelists (not attendees) can access virtual hand raising, update their status, react with an emoji, or offer quick feedback (yes, no, slow down, speed up.)
The Presentation Mode automatically displays the host overlaid across slide presentations, uploaded meeting content, or other preset backgrounds to ensure attendee engagement.
Additional webinar features include:
- Pre-configured polls
- Live Q&As
- Attendee security controls
- Third-party integrations
- Active speaker view, Spotlight view, Gallery View
- In-event chat with attendees or co hosts only
- Webinar attendee report and post-event poll/Q&A results
RingCentral Contact Center
RingCentral Contact Center is an inbound/outbound omnichannel cloud contact center and UCaaS tool designed to improve customer service, agent productivity and performance, and the overall customer experience.
It includes access to over 30 voice and digital channels, quality and performance management tools, AI-powered self-service, WFO tools, and more. RingCentral Contact Center offers four quote-based plans.
RingCentral Contact Center Pricing and Plans
Though the four available RingCentral Contact Center plans are available only via a custom quote, the real frustration with the Contact Center pricing is the lack of information about add-on costs.
Features that are standard in most cloud contact centers are available only via a paid individual add-on or, presumably, by upgrading to RingCentral’s new RingSense for Sales package.
Some add-ons are included in the highest-tier plan, but most must be purchased separately–which leaves doubts about the Contact Center’s overall value.
Paid add-ons not included with any RingCentral Contact Center plans include:
- Outbound Dialers
- Feedback Management
- Interaction Analytics
- CRM Integration Adapters
- AI Coaching and Guidance
- Conversational AI Self-Service and chatbots
Quality Management and Screen Recording are included in the two top-tier plans but require a paid add-on for the lower two tiers. Workforce Management and Performance Management are included only in the most expensive Contact Center Plan, and available only via add-on for the other three.
That said, all Contact Center Plans include:
- Integrated RingCentral MVP team collaboration and UCaaS features
- Global telephony
- ACD with skills-based routing
- Advanced IVR and call flow designer
- Real-time analytics and historical reports
- APIs for third-party integration
- Call recording
Differences in the four Contact Center Plans–Essentials, Standard, Premium, and Ultimate–are outlined below:
RingCentral Contact Center Top Features
RingCentral Contact Center streamlines over 30 voice and digital channels into one agent interface, including:
- Inbound and outbound voice calling
- Live website chat messaging
- Social media interaction tracking and messaging for WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Google Play and Google My Business Reviews (track and respond to comments)
- In-app messaging
- SDK channel connectors
Within the single pane of glass agent interface, team members can:
- View omnichannel conversation history (agent:customer and automated bot-based conversations)
- Access agent scripts, canned responses, dynamic replies, and custom workflows
- View in-conversation AI-powered Agent Assistance
- Access in-conversation CRM CTI screen pops of key customer data
- Transfer or escalate calls to other agents
- Collaborate with other agents in real-time during calls for quick assistance
- Access real-time interaction and behavioral coaching
- Co-browse with customers
- Set and review agent availability status
Top Contact Center automation features include:
- Customer callbacks
- IVR customer self-service via voicebot
- AI-powered virtual agents in 72 languages (collects basic customer data via automated chatbot to evaluate customer intent and route to the ideal agent
- IVR deflection
- Automated agent scheduling based on predictive analytics
- Outbound auto dialing modes (progressive, predictive, proactive) with campaign management, compliance risk mitigation, and list management
AI Intelligent Routing recognizes message intent, type, text semantics, and customer intent, and more provides data-driven automated routing to increase first contact resolution rates. Skills-based routing, relationship-based routing, omnichannel routing, and voicemail routing are available.
RingCentral Contact Center offers MVP Analytics access in addition to more thorough reporting with its Feedback Management Application.
The Feedback Management tool is used to review CSAT (Customer Satisfaction) levels, discover customer service and agent performance trends, identify brand ambassadors and detractors, provide peer benchmarking, and develop personalized coaching plans.
NPS and Customer Effort scoring analyzes responses to customer surveys, while omnichannel analytics provide even more insight into customer and agent behavior. WEM features like performance gamification boost agent engagement, provide an opportunity for employee recognition, and decrease agent turnover.
The Contact Center also offers high-level agent coaching opportunities–far beyond just call monitoring and recording.
Conversational Intelligence: RingSense For Sales
The newest RingCentral product is its Conversational Intelligence platform, RingSense for Sales.
Powered by Natural Language Processing and machine learning, RingSense analyzes unstructured conversation data to provide next-level customer insight, implements AI-powered automation to streamline business processes, and uses revenue intelligence to accelerate the sales pipeline and improve agent performance.
RingCentral RingSense For Sales Pricing and Plans
Business owners can choose from three quote-based RingSense licenses: Observer, Coach, and Professional. It’s best used as an add-on to the RingCentral Contact Center, and isn’t available as a standalone product.
The image below outlines the differences in RingSense plans:
RingSense For Sales Top Features
Because the platform is so new, there’s not extensive information available yet about its exact capabilities (aside from those listed in the pricing table above.
As of this writing, RingSense Conversational analytic capabilities can only track customer-agent conversations across emails, voice calling, and video meetings–not yet messaging. All data is instantly synced with your CRM system.
Conversational analytics then allows managers to create playbooks and training manuals directly from recorded conversation highlights–so future agents have clear examples of positive (or negative) customer interactions.
In addition to creating automated conversation summaries, RingSense also offers:
- Custom agent scorecards
- Conversation highlights
- Suggested next steps and follow-ups
- Agent talk time, longest monologue time, engagement/energy levels, and sentiment scores
- Agent soft skill scores
- Summary scores
- Trend forecasts
- AI-powered analytics and agent performance tracking
- Custom trackers
RingCentral Pros and Cons
The table below outlines the most consistent RingCentral user experience based on current RingCentral reviews from users and the overall quality and capabilities of its product line.
|What RingCentral Users Like||What RingCentral Users Dislike|
|24/7 phone and live chat support is available for all customers, regardless of the specific plan they choose||Integrations with key software like Salesforce, Zendesk, and more are available only on two most expensive RingCentral MVP plans|
|Advanced native team collaboration features, including team chat, whiteboarding, task management, and live file-sharing/editing||Maximum of 200 video conference attendees, meaning that larger-scale webinars aren’t possible without a paid webinar add-on or third-party integration|
|Overall ease of use: navigation and interface are intuitive, user-friendly, and uncrowded||Frequent updates (many users say too frequent) interfere with the ability to use the software as the app is updating|
All RingCentral software users have access to third-party integrations via the RingCentral App Gallery, which adds essential business communications and collaboration tools into the RingCentral interface.
Top integrations include:
- Microsoft Teams
- G Suite and Gmail
- Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Outlook
- Google Chrome Extension
- Google Workspace
- Zoho CRM
- Google Drive
Developers can also build their own apps via the RingCentral API Center, which includes a Developers Support Forum, Developer Guide, and Developer Community of GameChangers.
RingCentral offers a 99.999% uptime, 24/7 platform monitoring, and 15 global points of presence for network redundancy.
Additional Security features include:
- SOC 2, SOC 3, PCI, and GDPR compliance
- HIPAA and HITRUST certification
- ISO 27001- and ISO 27017-18 certification
- TLS and SRTP encryption
- Real-time system status alerts
- Firewalls and session border controls
- Fraud analytics
- Disaster recovery plans
- SSO and multi-factor authentication
RingCentral Customer Support
All RingCentral users have access to unlimited 24/7 chat and phone support, the online knowledge base and support portal, and on-demand video tutorials and webinars.
The fee-based RingCentral Professional Services provides personalized implementation support including data migration, integration with existing apps, team training, API workflow customization, and more.
Ongoing Advanced Enterprise and Contact Support are also available, which include additional prioritized customer support including a dedicated account manager and 24/7 live phone, web, and chat support.
Who Should Use RingCentral?
RingCentral’s array of products mean there are solutions for both small businesses and enterprise-level contact centers.
Teams looking for an all-in-one contact solution for geographically diverse remote or blended teams will likely get the most out of RingCentral. Though the native team collaboration solutions are ideal for a flexible remote work environment, they likely won’t be as useful to traditional, in-office teams.
RingCentral is also a good option for businesses that prefer a software provider that offers hardware, webinar tools, standalone video calling, and contact center solutions because of the scalability of having a wide array of products to choose from.
That said, while RingCentral’s Contact Center solution may work for smaller omnichannel contact centers, the lack of included AI-powered analytics, outbound dialers, automations, and WFO tools means it can’t yet compete with other cloud contact center providers that offer these features even in their most basic plans.
RingCentral is also popular in the below industries:
- Healthcare: Useful for telehealth visits, medical research teams, and healthcare insurance providers
- Retail: Used by food/drug merchants to chat with shoppers in real-time, provide pickup/delivery/refill/substitution alerts, and restaurants for taking reservations and booking events
- E-Commerce: Used to provide shipping and delivery updates, SMS sale alerts, access customer order history, and connect with vendors
- Education: Used to offer virtual classrooms, distribute and collect assignments, collaborate with students one-on-one with digital whiteboard
- Nonprofit: Used for fundraising management, event planning, connecting with communities and volunteers, and collaborating on funding proposals, etc.
- Government: Stream community events/meetings, review and develop budget proposals, phone system to support citizens
If RingCentral isn’t the right fit for your company, there are plenty of other VoIP business phone systems and call center software to choose from. Popular RingCentral alternatives include Nextiva, 8×8, Zoom Phone, GoTo Connect, Dialpad, and Talkdesk.
Below, we’ve answered some of the top RingCentral FAQs.
RingCentral’s pricing structure depends on the products you purchase, as well as the maximum number of users you need.
RingCentral MVP offers three paid plans from $20-35+/user/month, with volume discounts for 50users. RingCentral Video Pro offers one free plan and one paid plan from $11.99/user/month and up, while RingCentral Webinar pricing starts at $75/host/month. RingCentral Rooms hardware and conference room setup begins at $49/room/month. RingCentral Contact Center is priced on a quote-basis, as is the Conversational Intelligence Ringsense for Sales add-on. individually, so users need to
As of this writing, RingCentral MVP offers a free trial period of 15 days. Additionally, any hardware purchased from RingCentral has a 30-day return policy.
According to the RingCentral website, the minimum requirements are:
For Windows 7 or later:
- 2 GHz (32-bit or 64-bit) processor
- Minimum of 1 GB of RAM
- 300 MB of hard drive space
For Mac OSX Yosemite or later:
- Intel® processor
- Minimum of 1 GB of RAM
- 300 MB of hard drive space
No, RingCentral does not charge for number porting.
The minimum suggested bandwidth for VoIP calling in RingCentral is 92Kbps per call.
Yes. Meetings is an online video calling platform, while Conferencing is mostly an audio-only meeting tool.
The minimum suggested bandwidth for VoIP calling in RingCentral is 92Kbps per call.