Use channels to oragnize conversations, files, tools and people
Zoom One - Team Chat, Collaboration, Phone, Whiteboard, Meetings & More!
Keep discussions about projects and to-do lists in one place
Manage projects, create workflows and collaborate in real time
Use attachments, @mentions, and more to keep teams unified
Zoho Projects combines project management with team collaboration
Collaborate with activity streams, shared calendars and file-sharing
Easy-to-use automations and real-time notifications
Real-time chat with the ability to tag teammates, assign tasks, and more
Real-time group chat with file sharing and project management
Create a single source of truth with real-time data pulled from different sources
- Collaboration Tools for a Hybrid World with Seamless Cross-Platform Integrations
- Conversation Intelligence - Rich Analytics to Improve Efficiency and Productivity
- Meetings of up to 1000, Webinars of up to 50,000, Chat Channels of up to 10,000
- Spend more time making connections, less time making the technology work
- Every single part of your task can be managed, tracked, and shared
- Built-in automation can be used for scheduling, list creation, and more
- Hundreds of add-ons and third party integrations
- Enterprise-grade security and HIPAA compliant with 24-7 support
- Granular control and visibility over access, data, and security
- Rich set of views including workflows, reports, and dashboards
- Immediately shows any deviations between planned and actual progress.
- Switch between different color themes or dark and light modes
- Native iOS, Android, and iPad apps for Zoho Projects
- Communicate with employees and external parties on one platform
- Reliable service and rigorous security with 99.99% uptime
- Unlimited storage, integrated chat, full customization
- Collaborate and communicate directly on your files
- Connect with apps like Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat DC, and more
- Organize every iteration of a file in a coherent timeline
- Track progress and connect tasks to goals
- 20+ views including list, workflow, board and calendar
- Real-time reporting on team performance with customizable dashboards
- Automatically poll teammates at regular intervals
- Use "Pings" to ad-hoc chat one-on-one or in small groups
- Control what channels people can use to reach you and at what times
- Create interfaces for every teammate with customized info
- Pre-made templates and intuitive drag-n-drop interface
- Expansion toolkits and deep integrations
What Is Team Collaboration Software?
Team collaboration software is a suite of business tools that makes it easier for geographically diverse teams to work together on collaborative workspace projects–often in real-time–thanks to features like file sharing and co-editing, chat messaging, multi-view task and project management, automation, and whiteboarding.
Collaboration software clearly defines individual and team roles and responsibilities within a project, while real-time file syncing guarantees everyone is working on the most current version of a file or task.
Team collaboration software tools have three main goals:
- To prevent miscommunications that delay projects and decrease productivity
- To streamline communication between team members working on the same project
- To optimize the overall business workflow through increased team collaboration
The Benefits Of Collaboration Software
The biggest benefit of collaboration software tools is that it gives internal and external collaborators one unified interface to manage, assign, share, edit, and discuss everything related to their common project.
Team collaboration software is helpful at every project stage, from the initial brainstorming session to the moment the final task is completed.
Additional benefits include:
Team collaboration software eliminates the main causes of lost productivity like:
- Constant app switching
- Excessive emails
- Repeated work from outdated/inconsistent file versioning
- Forgotten, overlooked, or unclear task assignments
File databases organize all project-related files in one place, searchable chat message logs make it easy to locate past conversations, and real-time push alerts notify users about project updates, deadlines, and other key changes.
Collaboration tools identify workflow bottlenecks so project managers can address them immediately, preventing minor issues from becoming major delays.
Collaboration tools empowers team communication across multiple channels: chat messaging, one-click voice calling and video conferencing, and SMS texting.
Smaller chat channels, direct messaging, user tagging, in-file/in-task commenting, screen sharing, meeting notes, and whiteboards offer avenues for more specific communication.
Collaboration software prevents team members from clogging up larger communication channels with information only relevant to some collaborators. Real-time instant messaging across multiple time zones, locations, and devices mean less time lost waiting for clarifications.
Because responsibilities, deadlines, and roles are clearly assigned, meetings are shorter and more efficient.
Best of all, team collaboration software tools keep clients, stakeholders, and others outside your organization informed about project progress–so managers aren’t constantly fielding calls from customers wanting an update.
Improved Workflow Management
Team collaboration software doesn’t just benefit employees–it also offers managers invaluable, data-driven insights into workflow optimization strategies.
Collaboration analytics generate reports from KPIs including deadlines, time tracking, workloads, chat messages, video meetings, employee engagement, and productivity.
This means more accurate project timelines, a deeper understanding of employee strengths/weaknesses, more balanced workloads, and more efficient smaller teams.
Higher Employee Morale
A sense of “teamwork” is tough to build in remote workplaces.
Collaboration tools fosters camaraderie and trust among team members regardless of their location or expertise. Task dependencies and deadlines remind employees their teammates are depending on them, while chat and video meetings create a workspace community.
Team collaboration software give employees the chance to recognize each other’s work, share ideas, and learn from one another.
Typical Features Of Team Collaboration Software
Typical team collaboration software features include:
Project Planning Tools
Project planning provides a “big picture” overview of all the steps and resources needed to take a project from beginning to end.
It involves defining deliverables, setting project budgets and deadlines, assigning team roles, and determining key tasks.
Top project planning features include:
- Multiple project views (timeline, calendar, Gantt charts, Kanban boards, etc.)
- Workflow automation
- Resource management
- User groups
- Project templates
- Project goals and milestones
- Mind/concept mapping
Task Management focuses on developing, assigning, and monitoring the smaller tasks that make up an entire project.
For example, a project could be to create a new marketing report, containing relevant tasks like consumer polling and report graphic design.
Task management features include:
- Task and subtask creation, descriptions, assignments, deadlines
- Attaching files/adding task comments tasks
- Tagging/mentioning users within tasks
- Task dependencies
- Task status (in progress/on hold/completed, etc.)
- Task boards/charts
- Real-time task notifications/alerts
- Task prioritization
Internal and External Communication
Internal collaboration connects team members in real-time, providing quick answers to time-sensitive questions, video meetings, project planning, and file co-editing.
The most popular collaboration communication channel is instant chat messaging, though often voice/video calling and SMS texting are available.
In chats, users create public or private channels for specific departments, projects, tasks, or brainstorming sessions.
Within chat channels, users can:
- Transition to an audio/video call
- Share screens/applications
- Use whiteboarding tools
- Share files
- Integrate third-party tools
- Tag other users
- Format messages (bold, italics, bullets, numbering)
- Delete/edit messages
- Search message history
- React via GIFs and emojis
- Create/respond to polls
External communication gives those outside your organization access to all (or admin-limited) communication tools and collaboration features like project timelines, files, chat channels, and video meetings.
Integrations let users access third-party software like video calling apps, calendars, email, cloud storage, CRM systems, VoIP phones, and industry-specific tools directly within the collaboration software interface.
File Sharing and Co-Editing
Users can create, edit, and share files directly on boards, in chats, or elsewhere in the workspace.
Real-time co-editing lets multiple people simultaneously edit files. Versioning ensures everyone is working from the same collaborative file version, letting them review new changes or previous drafts.
User tagging, commenting, edit rejection/acceptance, file searching, and third-party cloud-based file storage integration let everyone offer input and access key project files from anywhere.
Reporting and Dashboards
Collaboration analytics drill down essential collaboration KPIs, concisely presenting them on interactive reporting dashboards that display live and historical analytics as graphs, charts, tables, percentages, and other forms of data visualization.
Dashboard business insights from customizable and premade templates include:
- Percentage of projects/tasks completed on time/late/early
- Budget tracking
- Employee time tracking
- Project timelines
- Employee workload
- Project/assignment history
- Activity logs
- Upcoming deadlines
The Best Team Collaboration Software For Ultimate Productivity
Based on available features and integrations, ease of use, and our hands-on research, we’ve determined the best team collaboration software tools are:
Slack is an instant chat messaging application with additional features like voice and video calling, file sharing, and group channels.
- Public and Private Channels: Slack channels combine multiple team members into a public or private group chat for streamlined collaboration. Channels are often organized by department, project teams, or topic. Users can create an unlimited number of channels of up to 1,000 members each. Channel search bars and push notifications keep everyone up-to-date with new channel activity and messages.
- Collaboration Tools: within a Slack channel, users can share files, mention/tag users, react/reply to messages, create message threads, format messages, transition from a chat to an ad hoc or scheduled video call, record/share audio messages, join audio-only Huddles.
- Integrations: Integrations from the Slack App directory lets users access bots for polling, task management, and more–and share files from third-party tools like Dropbox, Google Docs, and Google Drive.
- User Presence: User Presence enables user status updates so team members know each other’s availability and activities. In addition to standard statuses like, “Active” and “Away,” users can write custom statuses, add status emojis, pause notifications, or choose from preset workplace statuses like “In a Meeting” or “On Vacation.” Slack also integrates with calendar tools, automatically updating user presence accordingly.
Slack’s free plan includes:
- File sharing
- Public/private channels
- 10,000 searchable messages
- Up to 10 third-party integrations
- 5GB of storage 5GB
- 1:1 voice/video calls
- Personalized notifications
- 2-person Huddles
All paid plans include:
- Unlimited message history and app integrations
- 50-person Huddle
- Audio/video clips
- 15-participant voice/video calls
- 24/7 support
- Screen sharing
- Custom file and message retention policies
- Individual guest accounts
- Slack Connect for external team collaboration
Slack paid plans are outlined below.
|File Storage||10GB/team member||20GB/team member||1TB/team member|
|Four-Hour First Response Support Time||X||✓||✓+Priority Support|
|99.99% Uptime SLA||X||✓||✓|
|Single Sign-On (SSO)||X||✓||✓|
Why Slack Is A Good Team Collaboration Software
Slack is a good collaboration software because it:
- Eliminates endless emails
- Offers in-app integrations for voice/video calling
- Has an intuitive interface and a low learning curve
Asana is a task management tool known for its “to-do list” interface, though it also offers timeline, board, calendar, forms, and progress chart views.
- Tasks and Subtasks: Asana’s list view gives users access to a to-do list of all their assigned tasks divided into upcoming, overdue, and completed columns. Though only one user can be assigned a task, multiple users can be added as collaborators that can add comments, tag other users, manage deadlines, upload files, and more. Task prioritization, categorization, subtasks, descriptions, status updates, deletions, duplications, and dependencies are also available.
- Automated Process Management: Asana’s automation-based Rules simplify and automate custom reusable project templates, work request submission forms, deadline adjustments, task/file/project approvals, task assignment and routing.
Asana offers a free version for up to 15 users and includes:
- Unlimited projects, tasks, comments, activity logs, storage up to 100MB/file, assignees, due dates, messages
- List, board, calendar views
- Integrations with 100+ third-party apps
- Time tracking with integrations
- Status updates
- Multi-factor authentication
All Asana paid plans offer:
- Unlimited users and projects
- Free guests reporting dashboards
- Timeline views
- Preset rules and unlimited rules actions
- Custom templates
- Start dates/times
- Task dependencies
- Workflow Builder
- Custom reporting fields, charts, template library
- Project milestones
- Data deletion, private projects/teams, admin console
Asana’s paid plans are outlined below:
Why Asana Is A Good Team Collaboration Software
Asana is a good collaboration software because it offers:
- Task assignment with clear due dates, subtasks, and collaborators in one workflow
- Long-term project planning tools like custom or pre-made templates, goals, milestones, task automation, and project status monitoring
- Individual user inbox to streamline recent task assignments, updates, comments, tags, and more
Trello is Kanban-based visual work management and team collaboration tool with four main components:
- Boards for overall project planning
- Cards with pinned tasks, notes, and files
- Lists to organize workflows and track progress
- A Board Menu to manage power-ups, automations, and permissions
- Power-Ups: Power-ups are third-party apps and native bots that give boards more advanced features. They prevent app switching, streamlining project details in one well-organized space. Third-party, API user-made, and Made by Trello power-ups can be added to individual and multiple boards. Popular Made By Trello power-ups include Card Aging to view/manage inactive cards, Card Repeater to create card templates, and Card Snooze to place tasks “on hold.” Google Drive, EverNote, JIRA, and Twitter power-ups are also popular.
- Butler: Butler is Trello’s no-code automation tool that lets users build:
- Rules: If/then automations that, when triggered, run an individual or series of actions
- Card and Board Buttons: Build specific buttons that, when clicked, initiate an individual action or series of actions across entire boards or cards
- Due Date Commands: A series of automations set to run before, on, and after due dates
- Calendar Commands: Automate recurring tasks like updating boards or adding new tasks on specific calendar dates or days of the week.
Trello offers a free plan and 3 paid plans. All plans include:
- Unlimited power-ups, storage, cards, and activity logs
- Built-in no-code automation
- Desktop and iOS/Android mobile apps
- Assignees and due dates
- Trello Templates
- Two-factor authentication
- Custom backgrounds/stickers
Trello’s paid plans are outlined below.
|Pricing||$5.00/user/month||$10.00/user/month||$17.50/user/month for 25 users|
|Unlimited Boards, Advanced Checklists, Custom Fields||✓||✓||✓|
|Dashboard, Calendar, Timeline, Workspace Table, Workspace Calendar, and Map Views||X||✓||✓|
|Workspace Command Runs/Month||1,000||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Advanced Admin/Security Features||X||✓||✓+ FreeSSO|
|Priority Support (Questions Answered Within 1 Business Day)||X||✓||✓|
Why Trello Is A Good Team Collaboration Software
Trello is a good collaboration software because it offers:
- AI-suggested and customizable automations
- Numerous third-party integrations
- Map views with interactive, location-based updates
Smartsheet is a grid-based collaboration, workflow, and project planning tool that uses “Sheets” to organize and contextualize project data into rows and columns (Gantt, Card, and Calendar views are also available.)
Content proofing, pinned annotations, automated or manual approvals, and in-sheet document generation streamline collaboration.
- Sheet Summary: Sheet Summaries provide an overview of the most important parts, or “Field Types” of a project. Field Types include relevant project: text descriptions, contact lists/roles, deadlines/dates, checkbox (to-dos), calculations/metrics, custom visual symbols, custom dropdown lists for further details.
- Conversations: Conversations let team members comment and collaborate directly in Sheets, rows, or cards for ultra-specific, in-context communication. Conversations are expanded into a larger panel where multiple users can read, make, and reply directly to all comments. Employees can tag each other, attach files to, print, email, delete, and edit comments and conversations.
All 3 Smartsheet paid plans include:
- Unlimited Sheets, Dashboard, Reports, Forms, Viewers
- Basic integrations
- Gantt, Grid, Calendar, Card Views
- Mobile app
- Private sheets/reporting
- Exportable sheets
- Column types, cell/column/cross-sheet formulas
- Dependencies, Filters, Conditional Formatting
- Cell history and linking
- Task Assignment
- In-sheet conversations/comments
- Automated alerts, reminders, approval/update requests, assignments, etc.
Plan differences are outlined below.
|Widgets per Dashboard||10||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Sheets per Report/Conditional Form Logic||1||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Baselines, Activity Log, API Calls, Document Builder, Custom Colors/Logos||X||✓||✓|
|File Storage||20GB (30MB/attachment)||1TB (250MB/attachment)||Unlimited
|Advanced Security Features||X||✓||✓|
|Advanced Support||X||Paid add-ons available||✓|
Why Smartsheet Is A Good Team Collaboration Software
Smartsheet is a good collaboration software because if offers:
- Integrations with familiar third-party video and chat apps (Slack, Google Workspace, Microsoft 365)
- Multi-step, cross-platform automations
- No-code WorkApps allow users to build and scale in-sheet apps for custom/advanced features
Zoho Projects »
Zoho Projects is an online collaboration and project management software that works as a standalone app or alongside other Zoho tools like Zoho CRM, Meetings, and Zoho Voice.
It offers numerous features, including:
- Task, Issue, Time, and Document Management
- Automations and Customizations
- Chat Messaging and Integrations
- Charts and Reporting
- Collaboration Suite: Zoho Projects has an incredibly robust set of online collaboration tools especially ideal for remote workers, including:
- Interactive Project Feeds: Project status updates, assignees, comments, descriptions, and attachments, in a dedicated project inbox
- Native Chat Messaging: Real-time, channel-based chat messaging with reactions, user tags, file uploads, meeting scheduling/one-click ad hoc online meetings, etc.
- Forums: Detail-oriented, ongoing discussions organized by folders and tags to keep real-time communication efficient and focused
- Pages: Interactive knowledge database/project reference materials
- Documents: Real-time documents/spreadsheet/presentation creation, collaboration, editing
- Time Tracking: Time Tracking creates employee timesheets for individual projects to better understand team activity and create more accurate future project schedules. Users can set and pause automatic manual timers, turn timesheets into invoices, approve/reject timesheets, create reports from timesheets, and compare the planned vs. actual time spent on tasks and projects.
Zoho Projects Pricing
Zoho Projects offers 1 free plan for up to 3 users which includes:
- Tags, Project Feeds, Task management
- Document Sharing
- Calendar and Forums
- Google Apps and Zoho Integrations
- Project, Task, and Milestone Custom Status
- Import Issues into IssueTracker
All paid plans include:
- Unlimited Projects
- Pages and Chat across all projects
- Advanced Task/Issue Reports
- Subtasks, task duration and reminders, Google task syncing
- Gantt and Custom Views
- Project Budget
- Work Hours Planned vs Actual Report
- Work during business hours, weekends/holidays
- Earned value management
- Task rollup
- Time tracking, timesheet approval
- Time Log restriction
- Task and milestone layouts
- Blueprint for Tasks
- Zia-powered AI chatbot
- Export projects
- Advanced integrations
- Add issues to IssueTracker via email/web
- IssueTracker notifications, Business Rules
- Link Issues, Web to Issue Form
Differences in paid plans are outlined below:
|Pricing||$4.00/user/month (50 users max.)||$9.00/user/month (Unlimited users)|
|Task Dependencies||Within projects||Across projects|
|Milestone and Chronology Gantt Charts, Resource Utilization Chart||Within projects||Across projects|
|Flexible Work Hours, Task Layout Rules, Workflow Rules||X||✓|
|Baseline, Multiple Baseline Support, Critical Path||X||✓|
|Milestone Custom Fields||X||✓|
|Custom Fields||X||155 Project Custom Fields, 225 Task Custom Fields, 120 Issue Custom Fields, 22 Timesheet Custom Fields|
|Custom Domain, Web Tab, Teams, Custom Profiles/Roles||X||✓|
Why Zoho Projects Is A Good Team Collaboration Software
Zoho Projects is a good collaboration software because it offers:
- High-level custom layouts, views, fields, status, templates, tags, functions)
- Blueprint drag-and-drop task automations
- IssueTracker to import or manually track, prioritize, update status about, and view work hours dedicated to fixing bugs, workflow bottlenecks, task delays, etc.
Podio is a team collaboration software and project management tool focused on distilling essential project updates and information into a single “Item,” (page) with expandable fields for more details. Open, private, and employee/email domain-based workspaces contain Apps, files, templates, comments, tasks, built-in meetings and chats, and more.
- Podio Apps: Podio Apps are customizable project or workflow components–actions, functions, fields, categories– that let users build a unique workspace template according to personal preference or project and team needs. Apps can be created from scratch or made from templates and can be customized with app icons, app views, descriptions, items, field types, tasks, and more. Apps can be added to workspaces to create business workflows, automations, manage tasks, monitor project progress, and more.
- Activity Streams: Podio Home Activity Streams are individual workflow feeds that display all updates from Workspaces a user belongs to. They can be customized with tiles like tasks, calendars, apps, contacts, reports, and more. Workspace Activity Streams provide project-wide update feeds visible to all collaborators, and can be customized with the above tiles as well as images, custom text boxes, links, app snapshots, workspace views, and files. Users can like and comment on updates within an activity stream and turn individual updates into tasks.
Podio offers a free plan with task management, apps, and workspaces for up to 5 employees.
Its three paid plans are outlined below.
|Task Management, Workspaces, Apps, and Unlimited Items||✓||✓||✓|
|Unlimited External Users||✓||✓||✓|
|Light User Role||X||✓||✓|
|Automated Workflows||X||✓||✓ +Advanced Workflow Automation|
|Interactive Sales Dashboards||X||X||✓|
Why Podio Is A Good Team Collaboration Software
Podio is a good collaboration software because it offers:
- Podio Chat for instant 1:1 and group chat messaging/file sharing with built-in GoToMeeting video calls
- Calendaring tool displays company-wide, personal, and workspace calendars that can be customized to show only long-term projects, meetings/tasks in the next few days, upcoming deadlines, or events from calendar integrations
- Real-time, interactive sales dashboard powered by Plecto
monday.com is a board-based collaborative Work Operating System focused on project management, task automation, and workflow design. With monday.com users can customize boards with 8 views, 200 workflow templates, and 30+ drag-and-drop columns.
- Boards: Boards are the foundation of monday.com’s approach to collaboration management, and are available in Kanban, Table, Calendar, Gantt, Form, Chart, Cards, and File views. Users can create main boards (visible to all), shareable boards (to share with external collaborators), and private boards. Boards are customized with columns like task assignment, project status updates, budget, due dates, project prioritization, and checklists.
- Dashboards: Dashboards provide a bird’s-eye view of overall project progress and analytics. Each dashboard provides data for multiple project boards and can be customized with data visualization widgets like Time Tracking, Battery, and Workload.
- Automation: monday.com’s automation feature lets users create reusable automated workflows based on triggers, conditions, and actions. If/then automation triggers lead to corresponding conditions, which then lead to Actions.
monday.com offers 1 Free Plan for up to 2 users and includes:
- Kanban view
- Unlimited boards/docs
- 1-week activity log
- iOS/Android mobile apps
- Custom notifications
- Shareable forms
- Embedded documents
- 500 MB of storage
- 24/7 customer support
- Two-factor authentication
- SOC 2 Type II Compliance
The table below breaks down the differences between the 4 paid plans.
|Unlimited Items, Boards, Docs, Free Viewers||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Activity Log||1 week||6 months||1 year||5 years|
|Guest Access||X||4 guests billed as 1 seat||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Integrations||X||250 actions/month||25,000 actions/month||250,000 actions/month+Premium Integrations|
|Time Tracking, Formula/Dependency Columns||X||X||✓||✓|
|Dashboards||1 board/dashboard||Combine 5 boards||Combine 20 boards||Combine 50 boards|
|Workload and Chart Views||X||X||✓||✓|
|Timeline, Calendar, Map Views||X||✓||✓||✓|
|99.9% Uptime, Dedicated Customer Success Manager, HIPAA Compliance and SSO||X||X||X||`✓|
|Work Performance Insights, Pivot Analytics and Reports||X||X||X||✓|
|Dashboard Email Notifications||X||X||X||✓|
Why monday.com Is A Good Team Collaboration Software
Monday.com is a good collaboration tool because it offers:
- High-level board customization
- Activity Log showing board history and team member actions
- Advanced integrations with popular tools (Gmail, Slack, Zoom, Dropbox, etc.)
ClickUp is designed to replace your existing project management and team collaboration software by offering the functionalities of them all in a single application.
Teams are organized according to the ClickUp Hierarchy, designed to provide both big-picture and detailed views.
The Hierarchy is made up of:
- Workspaces: Your company and everyone in it
- Everything View: An overview of all workspace activity and projects
- Spaces: Team or project “home bases”
- Folders: Groups of specific tasks/files/other details for different aspects of projects
- Lists: Lists of customized and organized project tasks and their fields, statuses, and views
- Tasks, Subtasks, Nested Subtasks: General and ultra-specific assigned tasks within lists and folders
- Checklists: Task “to-do” lists
- Sprints: Sprints, a ClickApp for agile project management, lets users break down larger production cycles into multiple, more manageable blocks of time (iterations.) Each sprint has a specific goal, timeline, and relevant tasks. Sprint lists and folders can be turned into sprints, tasks can be automated, and sprint spillover makes it easy to move one unfinished sprint task to the next sprint.
- Whiteboard: ClickUp’s virtual whiteboard is a real-time collaboration tool used to develop and plan projects. Whiteboards help teams visualize four project management phases: Brainstorming, Strategy, Mapping, and Agile Workflows. Within a whiteboard, users can:
- Write sticky notes
- Draw/markup boards, add shapes,
- Add images/files
- Add or convert objects into tasks
- Connect tasks
- Create Mindmaps
- Tag other users
- Use views to organize whiteboards
ClickUp has 1 free plan and 4 paid plans, all plans include:
- Unlimited tasks, custom views
- 400 folders per space
- List, Board, Table, Doc, Form, Embed, and Calendar views
- Custom task statuses and multiple assignees per task
- Task checklist, dependences, bulk action toolbar, tags, relationships, and prioritizations
- In-app video recording
- Comment assignment
- Smart notifications and Natural Language Processing
- Time Tracking and Sprints
- Two-Factor Authentication
- 50+ integrations
- Workload, Home, and Scheduling analytics
- 24/7 support
Paid plans are outlined below.
|Spaces||Unlimited, 400 lists/space||Unlimited, 400 lists/space||Unlimited, 400 lists/space||Unlimited, 400 lists/space|
|Box, Gantt, Map, Form Views||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Activity, Workload, Timeline Views||7-Day Activity view, 100 Timeline/Workload view uses||✓||✓||✓|
|Mind Maps||100 uses||✓||✓||✓|
|Whiteboards||3 Whiteboards||10 Whiteboards||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Custom Task IDs||X||X||✓||✓|
|Automations||1,000/month||10,000/month+Multiple Conditions/Actions||25,000/month+Multiple Conditions/Actions||250,00/month+Multiple Conditions/Actions|
|Recurring Calendar Tasks||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Email, Private Docs, Cloud Storage, Delegate Reminders, Guest Visibility||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Teams||1||✓||✓+Team Sharing||✓+Team Sharing|
|Advanced Sprints and Reporting||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Why ClickUp Is A Good Team Collaboration Software
ClickUp is a good collaboration software because it offers:
- Native time tracking and integrations with third-party time trackers like Harvest, Everhour, and Toggl
- Extensive workspace collaboration tools like chat, automation, whiteboarding, numerous views and templates, etc.
- Goal feature with task, number, monetary, true/false, and descriptive targets
Basecamp is a project management and remote team communication app with a card-based interface.
Within project cards, users can share:
- To-do lists with attached notes, files, comments
- Topic/task-specific message boards
- Project schedules
- Document and file storage
- Real-time group chat messaging
- Automatic Check-Ins: Automatic Check-Ins eliminate constant meetings and excessive emails by sending everyone working on a project automated questions about task status, project updates, or anything else. Questions can be posed to individuals or teams, made recurring, and scheduled according to preset intervals and times of day. All team members can answer and view each other’s responses directly on the check-in card, keeping everyone in the loop. Check-in questions can be edited, deleted, bookmarked, paused, and copied.
- My Stuff: Basecamp’s My Stuff feature is an individual inbox that displays a team member’s current to-dos, tasks, drafts, bookmarks, notifications, recent activity, schedule, and more in one place. Employees can also check on tasks they’ve assigned to others, view their Boosts (emoji-like comment reactions), and navigate to messages, files, or other collaboration spaces.
Basecamp plans are outlined below.
|Number of Users||3||Unlimited|
|Number of Projects||20||Unlimited|
|Client Collaboration||X||Unlimited, advanced client/external user access|
Why Basecamp Is A Good Team Collaboration Software
Basecamp is a good collaboration software because it offers:
- Just two plans, free or paid, to simplify the buying process
- Unique Hill Charts to better visualize project progress and to-dos
- Advanced features without a crowded, intimidating interface
Airtable is a workflow management and team collaboration software designed to help teams transition away from spreadsheets and move to interactive tables with more details, data syncing, and better organization.
- Bases, Tables, Records, Fields: An Airtable Workspace is made up of 4 main components:
- Bases: Project planning hubs that can be imported from CSV/Excel, built from scratch, or created via Airtable with user-generated templates
- Tables: Tables organize specific aspects of larger Base projects–mimicking Excel spreadsheets, but offering more views
- Records: Individual rows within a table/grid, often used for organizing tasks
- Fields: Three key columns–Names, Notes, and Attachments–to add/pin specific task details, files, etc.
- Formulas: Airtable Formulas let users make calculations directly within a table (for example, a project budget calculation.) “Fields” are equation components (like overhead costs), while the formula specifies the type of calculation Airtable should automatically calculate.
Airtable plans are outlined below.
|Records per Base/Table||1,200||5,000||50,000||250,000/base
|Attachment Space per Base||2GB||5GB||20GB||1,000GB|
|Grid, Calendar, Form, Kanban, Gallery Views||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Gantt, Timeline, Personal, Section Views||X||X||✓||✓|
|Revision/Snapshot History||2 weeks||6 months||1 year||3 years|
|Extensions per Base||1||3||10||Unlimited|
2-week run history, 100 runs/month
6-month run history, 5,000 runs/month
1-year run history, 50,000/runs/month
3-year run history, 500,000 runs/month
|Sync||1 table/base||1 table/base, Automatic Syncing, 3 integrations||10 tables/base, Automatic and Multi-Source Syncing, 7 integrations||20 tables/base
Automatic and Multi-Source Syncing, Unlimited integrations
|Customization||X||Custom branded forms||Custom branded forms, advanced color, formatting, and calendar features||Custom branded forms, advanced color, formatting, and calendar features|
|Advanced Admin Options||X||X||X||✓|
|Priority Support, Ongoing Customer Success Program, Professional Services||X||X||X||✓|
Why Airtable Is A Good Team Collaboration Software
Airtable is a good collaboration software because it offers:
- Pre-built Airtable analytics extensions like records search, data visualizations, and org charts
- Unique image-based Gallery view ideal for design/creative teams
- Superior workflow templates like Event Planning, Product Roadmap, Inventory Tracking, Content Calendar
What To Look For In Team Collaboration Tools
Picking the right team collaboration software is about much more than available plans and pricing.
Consider the free trial length, guaranteed uptime, security and compliance standards, cross-platform compatibility, integrations, and overall ease of use.
How long will it take your team to learn the software? What onboarding support or user training is offered? If a provider claims to offer “24/7 support,” make sure you know which channels are actually available 24/7–and study the quality of self-help knowledge bases.
Our in-depth provider reviews, head-to-head comparisons, and industry experts have done the hard work so it’s easy for you to find the perfect team collaboration software–and explore other SaaS options.
Team Collaboration Software FAQs
Below, we’ve answered collaboration software FAQs.