I’ve used Ring Central since I started my business in 2010. I started with a fax line and then explored the phone system, which was a huge cost savings over other systems I looked at, both with respect to hardware and software. The system is scalable and easy to manage. The website offers many reports and features. My favorite is getting faxes and voicemails as emails, so I can check them from anywhere and re-direct them as needed. The system is so good that it seems too good to be true, but that is not the case; Ring Central is the real deal! I couldn’t think of any way another phone provider could get our business. It’s reliable; too; I think we’ve had a total of less than three down days in eight years.
RingCentral Verified Reviews & Ratings
Wanted to update you on…
Wanted to update you on what has happened over the last 6 weeks. After countless phone calls and writing numerous poor reviews of RingCentral we did finally get to speak with someone who can actually make a decision!
After explaining to her why we are not happy with the contract agreement with them doubling our charges with no way out of the contract, she did agree and she did let us out of the contract.
So to summarize, we are out of our contract and we are pleased with the outcome. It is just too bad that you have to go through so many hoops to get to an actual decision maker.
PREVIOUS REVIEW WAS SUBMITTED ON 5/16/2018
I use Ring Central because it has…
I use Ring Central because it has proven to be reliable and easy. Any updates that are needed come automatically and doesn’t take an extreme amount of time download.
It is very easy to find a number to call for support and customer service. The technical team is the best. I’ve used Ring Central for a long time and will continue to do so.
We have been with RingCentral for about…
We have been with RingCentral for about two and a half years. We never had too many problems. Sometimes yes we did have poor reception and sometimes calls were dropped. But couldn’t blame it entirely on RingCentral since sometimes it has to do internet service.
In October of 2017 our Auto renewal of two years on our contract did renew. This is where things started getting very interesting for our company. In December RingCentral sent us an email saying that we have changed the way we’re pricing things so if you have a couple cell phones that also ring along with your office phone then we are going to charging you as if that’s another phone line. So with this one email notice our rates doubled with RingCentral.
Sure enough our February and March Bill doubled. We made a phone call to RingCentral and we were told no you’re into your contracts and it’s up in October of 2019 you can do about it.
So here is what we have done. We have since poured it all of our phone numbers away from RingCentral. We are still being billed even though we don’t use their service anymore. We as a honest company will pay through the contract.
After countless phone calls to them trying to get out of the contract it is now fruitless. Here is some points that you may want to consider if you’re thinking about leaving RingCentral or even worse deciding to sign up with RingCentral.
1. Never believe what’s your sales person says to you on the phone. You must read the contract. They will lie to you.
2. Call customer service once you are in RingCentral is a real treat! I have no idea what country these people are from but they will have a very difficult time understanding you or you understanding them. As it turns out they’re only able to read script they are not able to make any decisions.
3. Your assigned service associate will also mislead you and lie to you. If you make a request that you do not want to be on auto cancel anymore. They will tell you yes will you put noted that on your account. As it turns out that was not true either. In October of 2019 I’m again going to have to call RingCentral to cancel my account. By the way it’s the only way you can cancel your account is by phoning these people. They will give you the runaround and try to convince you to stay.
4. Make sure your lawyer reads the contract do not believe a word those people say to you.
5. RingCentral it turns out is not an ethical or Honest Company!!
If you read this we hope it helps you make a decision whether you want to do business with a company like this or not. We made our mistake and we’re going to live with it. Regrettably, companies that do business this way make you also not trust many other companies that are honest and legitimate. RingCentral is at the bottom of the barrel.
Product has improved over the years…
Product has improved over the years. It is the most complete offering I can find. It is comlex but works great!
RingCentral was founded in 1999 by Vlad Shmunis and launched officially in 2003. They were one of the first providers to stick their flag in the ground and offer cloud-based IP PBX and phone service. They offer a robust, redundant, and reliable platform that has numerous features. For over a decade, RingCentral has offered small and medium-sized businesses phone features that were previously only available to the largest and richest companies. Now, they have plenty of company, but they still lead the way.
Over 300,000 customers can’t be wrong. RingCentral has been a perennial favorite of VoIP review sites. They continue to innovate from either their in-house team or by making deals with smart companies. One of their best choices was to enter a partnership with Zoom, making it possible to have HD quality video conferences with large numbers of participants. Formerly, this was only available with huge hardware, some that even needed its own dedicated rooms. Instead, a laptop or tablet is now all you need. This offering is a game changer that few other providers can compete with.
RingCentral has a huge head start over today’s VoIP startups, and but they’re always looking forward rather than resting on their laurels. Every few years, they find a way to reinvent themselves and stay fresh. It’s hard to say anything bad about RingCentral, but they do seem a little vanilla. Vanilla, of course, is the most popular flavor of ice cream, so that’s good for most. But, there are some companies out there that like quirky companies and gimmicks. RingCentral stays away from the bleeding edge and sticks to software and hardware with a proven track record.
Help & Support Options:
- 24/7 customer phone support available for Office customers with two or more users.
- Professional and Office customers with one user: Phone support Monday–Friday, 8 AM–9 PM ET (5 AM–6 PM PT)
- Comprehensive FAQ section
- Online guides and video tutorials
RingCentral’s Most Popular Plan: Office Premium
- Mobile App: Available for iOS, Apple Watch, Android, and Windows Phone
- 2,500 toll free minutes (number not included)
- Maximum 25 participants in HD videoconferencing
- Unlimited inbound and outbound US and Canada calling
- Call management and phone system administration
- Glip for team collaboration
- Integrations with business applications
- Phone rental or purchase options
- Call log reports
- Inbound Caller ID by name
- HD Voice
- Automatic call recording
- Multi-level Auto Attendant
- Salesforce, Zendesk, and Desk.com integration
- Single Sign-on
RingCentral Office Premium Pricing:
- 1 User: $34.99/mo, $42.99/mo, $49.99/mo
- 2-19 Users: $24.99/mo, $27.99/mo, $34.99/mo
- 20-99 Users: $21.99/mo, $24.99/mo, $31.99/mo
- 100-999 Users: $19.99/mo, $22.99/mo, $29.99/mo
Available Calling Features
- Automatic call recording: Record calls for legal and training purposes
- Call Flip: Seamlessly transfer a call from your home device to your mobile device without even putting the caller on hold. RingCentral was the first to develop this feature, and few others have it.
- Call Forwarding: Redirect all calls
- Call Logs: See who called and for how long
- Call Management/Call Rules/ Phone System Administration: This sums up many terms for the ways you can control inbound and outbound calls, including working hours. It also controls what phones are connected within the plan so you can work from anywhere
- Call Park: Transfer a call to a dedicated “empty” line while you find the best person to take the call, who can pick up the call without having to talk to the first agent again
- Call screening: Have the inbound caller say their name before they can connect to a call.
- Glip for team collaboration: Similar to Slack or Hipchat, this feature allows teams to communicate in their own permanent chat room, share notes, assign tasks, and access your files. This is available on all RingCentral Office plans.
- HD Videoconferencing: Hold conferences in 1080P on your tablet or computer using a regular webcam rather than room-sized equipment. The software automatically focuses on the person speaking.
- HD Voice: delivers audio in higher quality speech during a regular call.
- Inbound Caller ID by name: See more than just a phone number when your phone rings
- Integrations: RingCentral office seamlessly integrates with business applications such as software suites from Google and Microsoft. What services can be integrated depends on your level of service.
- Intercom: Talk to your colleagues within the office through your desk phone.
- Message alerts: Get an email alert or text message when you receive faxes and voicemail.
- Missed-call notifications: Get notifications via email, text message, and your softphone/app when you miss a call.
- Mobile App: Available for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone
- Multi-Level Auto-Attendant: Set up a way to navigate inbound calls to the best agent to take incoming calls.
- VoIP Paging: Your desk phones’ speakerphones become a mini PA system within a department. Make announcements directly through your desk phone or smartphone.
- Phone rental or purchase: Save money in the long term by buying, or save money upfront and be assured of the best technical support with ongoing rentals
- Presence: See who your colleagues are talking to, if anyone, before transferring a call
- Shared lines: More than one phone can be connected to the same number or extension; no need for call transfers.
- Single Sign-on: Empowers select or all members in a company to access all the company application with one set of credentials.
- Toll free minutes: Every plan includes inbound toll free minutes to be shared with all users. Toll free number costs the same as a second local number.
- Unlimited inbound and outbound US calling: Plus great rates on international calls
- Voicemail-to-text: Automatic voicemail transcription.
RingCentral’s Recent Awards:
RingCentral has acquired a number of awards and official certifications over the past few years. Some recent accreditations include:
– RingCentral Earns Frost & Sullivan’s Market Leadership Award for the Second Consecutive Year
– RingCentral Named a Leader in Gartner’s 2015 Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide
– 2015 American Business Awards℠ Recognizes RingCentral With Bronze Stevie Award for Customer Service Team of the Year
– RingCentral Receives Frost & Sullivan Market Leadership Award
– RingCentral Selected for Internet Telephony TMC Labs Innovation Award
– RingCentral Recognized for Global Business Excellence Award
– RingCentral Awarded for CRM Customer Magazine Award