We received no training whatsoever and the dial plan they set up for us was wrong. We have not had voicemail capabilities since we started. After 5 days we said we were cancelling the service and they said we had signed a year contract. No one here agreed to that or signed anything. Did they do it on our behalf? The sad thing is that it was recommended by our practice management software company. It’s the only phone company that they say they support. But Jive has less features than Weave which was able to integrate with our practice management software just fine. It has been a real nightmare. Is this company just a bunch of young techies that think they are so smart and can do whatever pleases them and ignore that which doesn’t. I agree with a previous comment that stated that it appears to be run out of someone’s basement.
Jive Communications Verified Reviews & Ratings
Jive was the worst decision we could…
Jive was the worst decision we could have ever made as a company. They are dishonest, rude, and tried to double bill us at the end. Seems like it’s run out of someone’s basement. Trying to discontinue service with them is just about impossible. I have wasted so much time with this sham of a company. STAY AWAY!!
We ported our numbers to them last…
We ported our numbers to them last week. We have had virtually no support since. We call and are on hold for 20-30 minutes. Then the department we reached tells us that a different department has to help us. Then they give us the number to that department rather than transfering us. On hold again for 20-30 minutes. Then that department tells us the other needs to help us. Emails go unanswered. Or they send us a link to a video that does not help us. I call my sales rep. He’s “frustrated as well.” He and his VP have requested to their service department that they give us a call to help us. Two days later and no one has contacted us. I emailed my rep and told him we want to leave since they can provide nothing more than incoming and outgoing calls. No messages no training on how to use their low quality phones. No response other than we will try to get someone to call you to help you. Then I call him and he transfers me to another person who says that even though they haven’t provided what was promised inside of a week, I am bound by a contract for a year of this crap.
Jive has been a fantastic addition to…
Jive has been a fantastic addition to our daily business operations. We’ve had the service a few years now and the call quality and features are great. Easy to use, easy to set up, and if you ever have any questions, customer service support staff is always there and ready to help. They follow up on every call/inquiry. Love the admin option to filter calls so you can actually worry about customer calls rather than having to deal with telemarketers and robocalls throughout the day. Overall, very satisfied!
I’ve been with Jive communications for…
I’ve been with Jive Communications for a little over a month and we got two months free with two free phones. I’ve had nothing but good experiences so far. I highly recommend jive to any small or medium-sized businesses as the customer support as US based so you can understand what the other person is saying on the other end of the phone. if you’re looking for a cheap but high-quality and very dependable phone service look no farther than jive communications.
Initial system setup and tech support…
Initial system setup and tech support was excellent!!! My Tech was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. He even setup up my “recorded call announcement” and data storage services. “Way to Go JIVE” , you hit a HOME RUN, as far as I’m concerned. Thanks a BILILION!!!
We have been using Jive in our office…
We have been using Jive in our office for 2 years now and we have been very pleased with their service. Every time I call customer support, they go above and beyond to help me with whatever I am calling about.
Jive is the best phone and voip service…
Jive is the best phone and voip service that I have ever used in a company. The support is second to none and there pricing for there services is great too. Jive Software is a global enterprise collaboration software company and I would recommend Jive for any business that wants to upgrade there software.
We are a small two person firm so at…
We are a small two person firm so at first it seemed overwhelming because of all the features but with the phenomenal tech support, we were able to customize for our needs. Even when I panicked because I could not remember how to fax, tech support guided me calmly to success!
We have been very pleased with JIVE in…
We have been very pleased with JIVE in every way. In addition, our Account Manager Julia Kelly is the absolute best at taking care of us in every way. We are extremely pleased with the detail and care she displays when dealing in all aspects of our company’s needs.
So far we are quite happy with the…
So far we are quite happy with the system. The hardest part has been getting non-technical people used to it. I would have to say the biggest hangup so far is the inability to add a “pause” function to numbers we are adding to a speed dial on phone, such as adding a comma or star symbol on a cell prior to dialing, whereas after the initial number is dialed, for every “*” or “,” it waits a specified time. We make many calls outside the organization that need extensions, so the user would need to look up the extension and number.
Other than that, we are looking to expand with them!
I am not happy with the app…
I am not happy with the app. Sometimes I do not get calls. I can not send Giphy or receive pictures through this app. Sometimes I can not answer incoming calls. Sometimes other people can not hear me when I call them.
Jive is a very user friendly company. …
Jive is a very user friendly company. The Customer Service as well as the other departments are great to work with. They reach out to make sure a customer is happy with the service. Very glad our company use them as a vendor for our Phone system.
I am new to this system, but I find the…
I am new to this system, but I find the many features useful and easy to navigate. I have spoken with customer service and they have been very quick to respond to any issues and have gotten me set up with very little problem. Always friendly and willing to help.
After reviewing many VOIP systems based…
After reviewing many VOIP systems based on reliability, price and ease of transition, it became very clear that Jive was head and shoulders above its’ competitors. Jive to took the time to understand my needs and to make sure they could deliver on their promises. With the information on hand, Jive provided a competitive quote that compelled me to move forward. I am completely satisfied with Jive and would highly recommend Jive to any individual looking to save money and provide excellent telecommunication service to your customers and employees.
Jive Communications was founded in 2006. Jive’s hosted VoIP services run on their proprietary Jive Core. Jive’s Hosted VoIP pricing comes in 5 tiers based on the number of users in your business, with each plan including unlimited minutes, Jive’s top-ranked Technical Support, and a no hidden fees monthly contract.
Jive has partnerships or other agreements with some of the biggest names in telephony and networks, including Microsoft, Cisco, Polycom, Panasonic, Verizon Business, Bandwidth, Level (3), Brocade, and XO.
Jive Communications is not related to Jive Software.
Jive Communications Pricing and Services
Jive offers a paid trial. During the trial you get a temporary phone number, and there is a one-time $15 fee to port your number in. If you leave Jive, there is no fee to port your number out.
Tax services, insurance agencies, hospitals, car manufactures, and school districts/government agencies. Jive attracts a number of businesses that are spread out geographically, whether in different buildings in the same zip code, or all throughout the country or world.
Plans & Prices:
- Phone numbers are $1.75/mo, or $5 if you are on Tier 1. You only need one phone number.
- Tier 1 (1-4 Users): $29.95 Per Device
- Tier 2 (5-9 Users): $25.95 Per Device
- Tier 3 (10-24 Users): $23.95 Per Device
- Tier 4 (25-49 Users): $21.95 Per Device
- Tier 5 (50-100 Users): $19.95 Per Device
- Basic phones are $70-$150
- Executive phones are $135-$500
- Conference phones are $380-$840
- Jive Mobility App is available for free on iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac
All Available System Features:
82 Unified Communications features, including:
- 99.99% Uptime SLA: A guarantee in writing that your service will work.
- 10-Party Conference Bridge: Connect up to ten participants on the same phone call by dialing a special number for conferences called a bridge
- Auto Attendants: You can have an unlimited number of options to route the call
- Auto-Divert: Send telemarketers and other unwanted calls to a different extension, or set it up the other way and have important callers skip the auto-attendant and call you directly.
- Auto-Reject: Block telemarketers and other unwanted calls
- Call Analytics: See who called, why, and for how long
- Call Forwarding: Send all inbound calls to another number
- Call Logs/Analytics: Review who called, why, for how long, and the result of the call
- Call Monitoring: A third caller can listen in on an ongoing call. The third caller can be silent to one party, called whisper or spy, or can be heard by both parties, called barge.
- Call Park/Pickup: Transfer a call to a dedicated “empty” line while you find the best person to take the call, who can pick up the call without having to talk to the first agent again
- Call Queues (Automatic Distribution): Create call groups to take certain types of calls. Inbound callers may wait on hold until an agent is available
- Call Recording: Record some or all calls for security. All calls are stored remotely
- Call Transfers: Transfer calls with or without talking to the extension you are transferring to
- Call Waiting & Caller ID: Get these basic features for free
- Conferencing (3-way): Have three callers on one call without setting up a conference bridge
- Corporate/Local Directory on Phone: Phones have access to a database of employee information called an LDAP.
- Custom Greetings: Record your own message to greet inbound callers
- Custom Messages: You can create outgoing messages for every step of the auto-attendant, and you can also create messages personalized for specific callers
- Custom Queue Hold Message/Hold Music: Create a playlist of many songs for your hold music and you can change it anytime you like
- Custom Schedules: Set different calling rules depending on whether the office is open or closed
- Dial by Name: In addition to extension dialing, you can have new callers dial the correct person by their name
- Direct Inward Dialing: Assign one phone/extension its own number
- Direct Outward Dialing: Some PBX systems require you to dial 9 first to dial out. Jive does not.
- Do Not Disturb: Temporarily send all calls to voicemail
- E911: Send your physical location to emergency services
- Escape from Call Queue: When a call is on hold, the caller can go back to a menu or leave a message rather than having to hang up and start over
- Extension Dialing: Inbound calls and callers within the network can dial an extension rather than a full number.
- Extension Transfers: You can transfer a call with or without talking to the other extension first
- Fax to Email: No need for a clunky fax machine, all faxes are sent to your email just by dialing your number
- Find Me/Follow Me: Other phones ring simultaneously or sequentially when your phone rings
- Intercom:Talk through your phone’s speakerphone within the office
- LDAP Integration: An LDAP is a type of internal directory that keeps information on members of an organization
- Line Failover: If your Internet or Jive servers are unavailable, your calls are forwarded to your cell phone or the number of your choice
- Missed Call/Message Waiting Indicator: Your phone light up to let you know that you missed a call
- Multiple Calls per Line: You can have an unlimited number of concurrent calls coming from and going to one phone number
- Paging: Your desk phones’ speakerphones become a mini PA system within a department
- Pre-Call Announcement: Gives information about the inbound caller before the agent begins speaking to him or her
- Paperless Fax: Use your phone or scanner to send outgoing faxes. Inbound faxes go to your email.
- Presence Monitoring: Sometimes called Busy Lamp Field (BLP), see who your colleagues are talking to, if anyone, before transferring a call
- Report Caller Hold Time: The agent will hear how long the caller has been on hold, which may influence how the caller is treated
- Speed Dial: Dial just one digit to get your most frequently called numbers.
- Unlimited Call Queues: No matter how high your call volume is, you can route your calls efficiently and minimize confusion and hold time by setting proper hold queues
- Unlimited Extensions: You are not limited to one extension per seat. Multiple users can use the same phones and have their own voice mail box. In addition, your extension can be a 3-,4-,5, or 6-digit number
- Visual Dial Plan Editor: The easiest way to program your auto-attendant. In your user portal, you can design a call flow by dragging-and-dropping icons. If you can make a flow chart, you can configure how inbound calls are routed.
- Voicemail to Email: No need to sign in to hear your voicemail messages, a copy of your voice mail message will be sent to your email.
- Wait Time Announcement: Callers on hold get to know ahead of time how long to expect to wait on hold before reaching an agent. Callers may opt not to call during peak times if they know how long they’ll have to wait.
In terms of additional costs, Jive Communications does not include international calls, and also features some extended calling areas. With the extended calling areas, each has its own price relative to the location. The extended territories include Alaska, American Samos, Canada, Guam, Hawaii, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and US Virgin Islands.
While location may vary price, some features, though included, may affect pricing as well. One feature in particular is the Call recording feature. While setup is free, there is a rate charge to this feature. Though it is relatively inexpensive at around $0.02 per minute, it is still a factor customers should be aware of before using the feature.
- Entrepreneurial Company of the Year by Frost & Sullivan
- Jive Communications Awarded 2015 INTERNET TELEPHONY TMC Labs Innovation Award
- Jive Awarded Qualified Vendor Status under CALNET 3
Editor’s Bottom Line of Jive Communications
Jive has made a name for itself providing services for enterprise businesses and large government organizations. Their awards and clients page includes a dozen financial planning or insurance companies, half a dozen nationwide chains that focus on fitness and wellness, and a number of school districts and county seats. And, of course, their biggest names have to be Panasonic and Ford. Some of the largest and most geographically-separated offices can stay in touch as easily as if they were down the hall from each other. At the largest tiers, Jive really becomes a bargain. All tiers get the same features, so scaling up is easy. Jive also gives discounted and free phones, so you can keep the startup costs (CAPEX) down.
One of Jive’s biggest selling points is the visual dial plan, so let me explain exactly what this means. The auto-attendant, sometimes called a virtual receptionist or a phone tree, routes all the calls to the correct extension. A poorly planned dial plan is a nightmare for the caller, so it’s important that the dial plan is easy to understand. Many VoIP providers set the dial plan with drop down menus or some other text-based plan. With a visual plan, you drop an icon of the person you want to connect to, or the next set of options. From there, it’s as easy as playing connect-the-dots; you can have multiple pathways to the same extension, have a dial plan that doubles back to another point in the chain, and so on. The visual dial plan gives you as many options as you want, but doesn’t give you so many options that you get overwhelmed. If at any point you need to change or delete an extension or level of options, it’s as easy as a mouse click.
A few more things related to the auto-attendant: You can record as many levels of the auto-attendant as you want; you can record a greeting for each level of the auto-attendant; you can set certain numbers to never hear the auto-attendant and reach the person they want directly every time they call (eliminating the need to have more than one DID number); because you can record a message for level, you can have a message that answers the most frequent questions (e.g., hours and directions) and save your workers time; you can set the auto-attendant to answer the call before your own phone rings.