We have this phone for our business and it is the worst company EVER. Please do not waste your time and money and take your business elsewhere. They never respond to phone or emails and everything is upcharges. We pay $180 for NOTHING when other companies offer most things included. I am looking for a different company and I am totally okay with paying more as long as we get rid of this garbage company
The absolute worst phone service I have…
The absolute worst phone service I have encounter and all I have is regret for ever giving them my business. Constant problems with the app, so if you plan to use any smart devices, you may as well forget about it. Then when you call to try to resolve issues, you are referred to online chat. Cannot say enough about what a slap in the face this is, completely horrendous to get things resolved. In fact, they often do not, gave business I never should have. I highly suggest staying as far away from Vonage as possible.
I have been a Vonage customer for many…
I have been a Vonage customer for many years (probably over 15) and, until the past month I’ve been very satisfied. They offer a great list of features and voice quality has always been good. Until recently, every time I’ve called for support I’ve always gotten an English speaking human being on the phone. The company is based in Holmdel, New Jersey and each time I’ve asked, that’s where the person was located. I’ve had no occasion to call them for a couple of years until last month. That’s when I found out it had all changed. Now you can’t understand the phone-jockey that answers the phone and all they tell you is that they will escalate the problem to “advanced technical support,” and that you will receive an email once the problem has been fixed. Well they HAVE fixed the problem three times already but I never got an email. And two days later the problem reoccurs. Next time it happens I will go with another provider.
Vonage has gone down the drain. Not…
Vonage has gone down the drain. Not sure what is happening with this once very reputable company. We have consistent phone call issues. We aren’t receiving text messages on one of our lines. Tech support?? THE WORST ON THE PLANET!!! Leave them a message, hear back in 3 days: “Send us the error message when you don’t receive a text message.” THE ERROR IS “WE DON’T GET THE MESSAGE!” – wait 3 days for a response back AGAIN. Still not resolved. It has been months. Looking for a new provider. Only positive is their low cost. Looks like it is due to eliminating their tech support department. (Which closes at 12noon Eastern Time LOL!!!!) – VONAGE = GARBAGE
What a rip-off! I can’t believe how…
What a rip-off! I can’t believe how this company treats its customers. I was with them for about a year using several different numbers. I had to call in about once a week for technical support because something wasn’t working right. I finally found a company to switch to that I tested and worked with 0 issues and I started the port process and then canceled the account before the billing cycle renewed. They sent me a bill for the following month and to this day say I still owe them money. It doesn’t matter I constantly had problems, it doesn’t matter their service didn’t work well or the apps. I still owe them money for not using their service. I would not use them again if someone paid me to do so. Horrible!
Absolute crap company. The worst…
Absolute crap company. The worst customer support and service I’ve ever experienced. You can’t get in touch with anyone and we’ve had NOTHING but issues with their service. I even canceled my account, ported over my number and they are STILL charging me. Garbage. Don’t get involved with this company.
We have business vonage for many years….
We have business vonage for many years. We have 11 phones. Support has been the best of any phone company we ever had over 35 years with out business. I think we have had system since 2015 and our original sales guy is there there. I think they have gone to chat only but only needed help last year one time. Just with a feature. I am shocked with the bad reviews here. Maybe only people with problems take the time to write a review. I do think AT&T is the worst company on earth.
Unless you are very large they won’t…
Unless you are very large they won’t talk to you. you must use their chat feature. I spent 4 hours trying to change my plan only to be finally told no and that I must cancel and start a new account to take advantage of the current pricing. Under NO circumstances would I recommend Vonage to anyone. I will be canceling ALL my services with them and recommend my clients to do the same
We use Vonage for our small business….
We use Vonage for our small business. Recently, they’ve discontinued customer service by phone, referring all service requests to online chat or their online “ticket” system. We pay for the Business Number Inbox feature, which hasn’t worked in months. It broke mysteriously in November, and now it’s almost February and they still haven’t fixed it despite numerous support requests, each of which has been the height of infuriating with having to navigate through their support “tiers” with every new support attempt. They still charge us for this broken feature every month.
A couple weeks ago I had a device suddenly get blacklisted. It had been working fine for over a year, and then it suddenly didn’t work anymore. This was in the middle of a workday. Customer service was unreachable. It took me over 4 hours to get it resolved on my own, and the solution ended up causing an unexpected loss of data for one of our employees.
Vonage is absolutely awful to deal with as a small business. We’re planning to switch to another VOIP provided ASAP. I recommend against considering them.
I’m finally leaving. This year is the…
I’m finally leaving. this year is the worst they’ve ever been and even though I’ve been using them since the company began, I’m out!
All of their customer support numbers are gone and nobody will call, emails are responded to with generic canned messages and nobody in support will ever consider anything other than it’s your browser and their tech support staff has not a single clue about the most basic troubleshooting and it takes many attempts to be understood on the most simple concepts.
I’m out folks! I’m tired of looking stupid because they can’t function and their yealink phones often can’t enter digits into phone automation systems; even vonage’s own systems, and this is my 3 rd phone replacement.
They used to be great, but now they are simply trash as a phone service.
First introduced to consumers in 2004, Vonage has been a pioneer in VoIP services and remains one of the largest providers today. Vonage was created by Jeff Pulver, who was responsible for crafting of one the first Voice Over Internet Protocol applications, Free World Dialup. The company has since acquired the fast-growing business VOIP provider, Vocalocity, in 2013. Vonage continues to expand its offerings in both the residential and business market, now utilizing Vocalocity’s resources and customer base as well as their VoIP call platform. Recent innovations in the provider’s offerings including a plug-in for Facebook, iOS and Android apps, mobile calling and far-reaching international calling plans.
In 2009, Vonage introduced its most popular residential plan, Vonage World. The plan offered unlimited international calling to more than 60 countries for a flat rate, and has since expanded to include 70 countries. With a simple setup, competitive pricing and a large array of features, Vonage is an easy to adopt solution.
Most Popular Plan:
Vonage World is the provider’s most popular residential calling plan, for $27.99 a month. The plan includes unlimited minutes to 70 countries around the word, 10 countries for mobile calls, the ability to call on a home phone and two smartphones, and 25 customizable features. The plan also includes number porting to retain your original home phone number, or can provide you with a new number. Included hardware is simple to setup and quick to adopt. Plug in your phone and router, and you’re all set to start making calls.
The Bottom Line:
As one of the most recognizable VoIP providers, and now more stable platform with the 2013 acquisition of Vocalocity, Vonage has formed one of the most powerful calling platforms with unlimited calling in one of the largest pools of included countries. Additions like number porting, smartphone apps, and other unique calling features make Vonage a good choice for those looking to switch to any easy VoIP solution to replace their phone service at home.
All Available Plans:
- Vonage North America: $24.99 a month with free activation for unlimited calling across the U.S. (including Puerto Rico), Canada and now even Mexico
- Vonage World: $27.99 a month for unlimited calling to 70 countries, including unlimited mobile calls to 10 countries
- US & Canada 400: $12.99 a month for 400 calling minutes per month to the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico
- Vonage 3000 To Globe Philippines: $29.99 a month for 3,000 minutes to major Philippines VoIP provider Globe Telecom, plus Vonage World features including unlimited global calls to 70 countries
All Available Calling Features:
- Three-way calling to add a third person to the conversation at anytime
- Bandwidth Saver to maintain great call quality even when internet connections are poor
- Call Return lets you see who called you and when and return the call without having to redial the number
- Call Transfer to redirect any calls to any number in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada while you’re on another call
- Call waiting so you can see who is calling when you’re on the other line
- Do Not Disturb setting will have all your calls go straight to the Vonage Voicemail Plus whenever you want
- In-Network Calling is free to call other Vonage numbers
- International & Directory Assistance Block can block directory assistance and international calls
- Network Availability Number to forward calls to any number of your choice in case power goes out
- Ring Lists let you direct incoming calls to the specific Vonage line of your choice
- Vonage Extensions allow you to take your number anywhere and use your smartphone to make and answer calls through a mobile app
- Selective Call Block to quickly block unwanted calls with through the mobile app or your Online Account. Block and unblock numbers as frequently as you want
- Vonage Voicemail Plus lets you listen to voicemails from your phone or have audio files sent to your e-mail inbox
- Enhanced Call Forwarding to answer home phone calls no matter where you are, through your Vonage Online Account or any other number including mobile
- SimulRing lets you forward your calls to up to five additional phones including desk phones, basic mobile phones or even smartphones without the Vonage Extensions app
- Dedicated Fax Line lets you send or receive faxes from your home without tying up your phone line
- Toll-Free Plus allows you adopt a toll free number for others to call you for free
- Virtual Number lets you save family and friends money by setting up a Virtual Number in their area code, no more long distance calls
- Vonage Online Account to manage your Vonage service from your smartphone or computer
- Special Service Numbers include:
-211: Your connection to community services
-311: Your local public information center
-411: Residential and business phone listings within the U.S., including Puerto Rico, and Canada
-511: Timely travel information
-711: Your state’s Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) so you can call any phone with a text phone (TTY)
–811: Locate your city’s underground utility lines