I would give zero stars if it was possible. They make it extremely difficult to cancel. When trying to cancel, they will give you a low promotional price that then raises up month after month. I had a hard time canceling. When I was finally able to cancel, it was conveniently for Vonage on the 2nd day of the billing cycle. Because you are billed a month in advance, they will not refund any money, even though they are not providing any service. Customer service is out of India and difficult to understand. A year after cancelling, I am surprised to see that I was sent to collections for $20. Do yourself a favor and pick a company with integrity.
im telling honest review, don’t use their service.
I register with them, from first minute they suspend my account, I called to support, fraud department ask me to send and prove that my company is legit. I did everything, but they didn’t do, no movements, I didn’t receive their service. And they also put you on commitment for 1 year.
I need that service immidieatly, but they didn’t provide me. im calling to them, support forward me to fraud department, fraud department never answer only throw email, and even email no resolve my issue. I asked to cancel my account and refund all money what you charged me, that I don’t want to use them any more. Support told that can help me because first I need to remove suspend account, but how can I do it, I don’t know. they not removing suspension. SO is like circle to use their service you need to remove suspend, I can’t do it, I don’t know. too cancel everything with them you need to remove suspend status. and they can help, they just maximum support forward your call to fraud department, and fraud department have voice message only. I used a year ago nextevia, I thought may be give a shot try another service, cause I thought they will be more innovative and looks better in disgner and user interface, it thought will be better. but is nothing, just kind of bad experience!
Worse customer service.
Untrained unprofessional staff to handle the call.
I used their service more then 10 years.
When I want to switch to another company they gave me very hard time .
It took months for switching.
Now they send 17 dollors balance to collection agency, even our phone line down for 2 months.
We spoke to remove the bill but put down the call few times.
I don’t think they deserve to do bussiness in canada.
I highly recommend not to use their services.
It took me hours to get my VoIP phone up and running. The phone was connected to the ethernet but for some reason it didn’t work. Had to take the phone to my home because I don’t have a PC at the business for them to use remote control. I literally was on the phone with them for over 2 hours. Then, I called them again and asked to remove the call forwarding to my father’s cell phone, which does not show up on their portal, but the operator turns off all calls to the VoIP phone at the business. wtf?? Why the hell is this so complicated? They need to hire some competent people who actually know what they’re doing. I don’t have time to sit here for hours going back and forth on something that is so simple.
Vonage is a horrible service, They have NO phone support at all to help with issues/questions. If you call they force you to go on the online chat and disconnect the call. If you want to cancel your service, nope – you got to wait for a supervisor to call you back (maybe) – so you need to call like 5 times for them to finally call you back to cancel which I’m not sure if that’s even legal as PER US LAW proper notification to cancel a trade service should not be that complicated/intentionally made to not happen. Either way, horrible practices/ poor quality of call/lots of better competitors – used Vonage for 3 years, left today – happier.
LB provided a very efficient service. The issues get promptly resolved,. The agent pays attention to details and takes care of all customer’s requests. Professional and polite.
We are a call center and we have been having troubles with our customers getting through to our company because the line keeps dropping. We’ve been dealing with Vonage for over a week trying to get this resolved. They told us someone would reach out to us the next day and of course, they did not. Called the company on hold for over half an hour and they said they had moved our issue to the platnum team and someone would call us. No one has. Have made 2 calls to their escalation team, no one has called us back. Left a message with their Executive Team, no one has called us back. I’m currently on hold 26 minutes and counting to get a hold of someone who can get our business lines back up and running. We are a business and our business is PHONES which Vonage doesn’t apparently seem to be able to fix. This is not the first time we’ve had horrible experiences with this company. I would never recommend this company to anyone who needs reliable phone service.
I have been a customer since 2011. Basically good service. The biggest problem is making changes to the service like porting a number away from Vonage and canceling an account. They must call you back. In both cases the callback was several hours later after I called and texted several times. Very frustrating! I most likely will never use Vonage again!
I started with Vonage about 6 months ago, since then I have found them to be completely untrustworthy. They conceal countless charges from you up front, and only once you are signed up and committed to a year do they hit you with all the fees. They just billed me $100 without warning for an “error” in their billing system. Because they failed to bill me a charge for the phone number I am using for the last 6 months, and on top of that, they had the nerve to bill me for their “Recovery fee” which they had already charged me every month of my service to date. Meaning they are double billing me. And of course you cannot speak to a person on the phone with Vonage, you have to use their chat and they leave you waiting for excessive periods of time without any word.
Vonage is a borderline criminal organization. Their sneaky tactics of putting misleading information, hidden early termination fees and terrible customer service is why they have such a terrible rating. Their system was down and so I was not even given a period to test everything. Cancelling is almost impossible and requires you speak to someone as they cannot cancel your account without processing your termination fees.
First introduced to consumers in 2004, Vonage has been a pioneer in VoIP services and remains one of the largest providers today. Vonage was created by Jeff Pulver, who was responsible for crafting of one the first Voice Over Internet Protocol applications, Free World Dialup. The company has since acquired the fast-growing business VOIP provider, Vocalocity, in 2013. Vonage continues to expand its offerings in both the residential and business market, now utilizing Vocalocity’s resources and customer base as well as their VoIP call platform. Recent innovations in the provider’s offerings including a plug-in for Facebook, iOS and Android apps, mobile calling and far-reaching international calling plans.
In 2009, Vonage introduced its most popular residential plan, Vonage World. The plan offered unlimited international calling to more than 60 countries for a flat rate, and has since expanded to include 70 countries. With a simple setup, competitive pricing and a large array of features, Vonage is an easy to adopt solution.
Most Popular Plan:
Vonage World is the provider’s most popular residential calling plan, for $27.99 a month. The plan includes unlimited minutes to 70 countries around the word, 10 countries for mobile calls, the ability to call on a home phone and two smartphones, and 25 customizable features. The plan also includes number porting to retain your original home phone number, or can provide you with a new number. Included hardware is simple to setup and quick to adopt. Plug in your phone and router, and you’re all set to start making calls.
The Bottom Line:
As one of the most recognizable VoIP providers, and now more stable platform with the 2013 acquisition of Vocalocity, Vonage has formed one of the most powerful calling platforms with unlimited calling in one of the largest pools of included countries. Additions like number porting, smartphone apps, and other unique calling features make Vonage a good choice for those looking to switch to any easy VoIP solution to replace their phone service at home.
All Available Plans:
- Vonage North America: $24.99 a month with free activation for unlimited calling across the U.S. (including Puerto Rico), Canada and now even Mexico
- Vonage World: $27.99 a month for unlimited calling to 70 countries, including unlimited mobile calls to 10 countries
- US & Canada 400: $12.99 a month for 400 calling minutes per month to the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico
- Vonage 3000 To Globe Philippines: $29.99 a month for 3,000 minutes to major Philippines VoIP provider Globe Telecom, plus Vonage World features including unlimited global calls to 70 countries
All Available Calling Features:
- Three-way calling to add a third person to the conversation at anytime
- Bandwidth Saver to maintain great call quality even when internet connections are poor
- Call Return lets you see who called you and when and return the call without having to redial the number
- Call Transfer to redirect any calls to any number in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada while you’re on another call
- Call waiting so you can see who is calling when you’re on the other line
- Do Not Disturb setting will have all your calls go straight to the Vonage Voicemail Plus whenever you want
- In-Network Calling is free to call other Vonage numbers
- International & Directory Assistance Block can block directory assistance and international calls
- Network Availability Number to forward calls to any number of your choice in case power goes out
- Ring Lists let you direct incoming calls to the specific Vonage line of your choice
- Vonage Extensions allow you to take your number anywhere and use your smartphone to make and answer calls through a mobile app
- Selective Call Block to quickly block unwanted calls with through the mobile app or your Online Account. Block and unblock numbers as frequently as you want
- Vonage Voicemail Plus lets you listen to voicemails from your phone or have audio files sent to your e-mail inbox
- Enhanced Call Forwarding to answer home phone calls no matter where you are, through your Vonage Online Account or any other number including mobile
- SimulRing lets you forward your calls to up to five additional phones including desk phones, basic mobile phones or even smartphones without the Vonage Extensions app
- Dedicated Fax Line lets you send or receive faxes from your home without tying up your phone line
- Toll-Free Plus allows you adopt a toll free number for others to call you for free
- Virtual Number lets you save family and friends money by setting up a Virtual Number in their area code, no more long distance calls
- Vonage Online Account to manage your Vonage service from your smartphone or computer
- Special Service Numbers include:
-211: Your connection to community services
-311: Your local public information center
-411: Residential and business phone listings within the U.S., including Puerto Rico, and Canada
-511: Timely travel information
-711: Your state’s Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) so you can call any phone with a text phone (TTY)
–811: Locate your city’s underground utility lines