One of the greatest features for us is the ability to have an extension transfer to any telephone number if it is not answered. Our ministry includes a clothing store that serves foster children exclusively. We have standard hours, but many times children come into care in the middle of the night with little more than the clothes on their back. This Shoretel feature allows foster parents to reach a volunteer 24/7 and have their needs met quickly ... without having to make multiple contacts!
Fantastic, agent did a great job…
Fantastic, agent did a great job! He was able to even assist me with the purchase of another phone for our system. He is very knowledgeable!! I highly recommend these folks!!
I tried all of the biggies…
I tried all of the "biggies." Vonage, Ooma Telo, Ooma Office, Verizon HomeConnect and a few others. I couldn't wait to cancel the others. I was so pleased when I found ShoreTel. Great mobile app, great quality, can put behind a VPN router yourself if you want to, since you get to use IP phones! Really good customer service. Any questions are quickly solved. Everything has been excellent. Just a little pricey.
We switched 2 months ago and…
We switched 2 months ago and my only disappointment is that we didn't switch earlier. Our bill is about 25% of our bill with AT&T and has many more features. They were able to get me the equipment I wanted at a great price. Because, there is a good bit of DIY if you want to customize the programming of the system, there is a need to contact customer support. They always answer quickly and are very responsive, helpful and easy to understand. They really have the best customer service!
The phone service is stable
The phone service is stable with few of the problems we had with our previous voip provider. They are quick to react to our concerns, and are helpful when we need to make changes.
Both solutions have most of the same world-class features that will let businesses spend more time connecting with clients, make it easy to collaborate with colleagues, and waste less time.
Monthly fees are up and around $40 per month/user, though there are two components to their fees, in private network per location/per phone. This results in variance in price, with optional add-ons such as contact center, hosted call recording, and more. In terms of inclusions with their service, not to mention personalized and efficient customer service – industry professionals would expect that clients would pay more. There are no setup, activation, shipping, or cancellation fees, with implementation of their systems (of standard size) taking approximately 30-45 days. ShoreTel wants to make sure that you’re satisfied, covering all bases, staging rollouts (from installation to training) in a strategic and orderly fashion; appointing a ShoreTel Project manager to exclusively work with you throughout this process.
ShoreTel offers these free features and more (over 90 in total) with their service: Call Rules, Caller ID Rules, Privacy Rules, Directory, Presence, Auto Attendant, Enhanced Voicemail, “Hot Desk” Call Transfer, Call Park, Coaching Solutions, Time Specific Call Routing, Call Monitoring, E911, Address Book, Skills-Based Call Routing, Find Me/Follow Me, Cloud Integration, CRM/ERP (e.g. Salesforce.com, Netsuite, Sage, etc.) Click-2-Dial, Applicant Tracking
ShoreTel Unified Communications Suite, which includes:
- ShoreTel Communicator: Offered at no extra charge, clients of ShoreTel receive the Communicator, a desktop application that provides IM, screen sharing, presence and video chat. Workers may also transfer files, among other abilities.
- ShoreTel Mobility: Keep a handle on your phone system even if you are away from your desk, using ShoreTel Mobility. The mobile VoIP client allows for extension dialing, transfer, conferencing, call parking, directory query, and ability to by leverage your personal device and an available network (Wi-Fi/3G/4G or cellular).
- ShoreTel Scribe VoiceMail to E-mail Transcription (available at an extra charge): Voice messages are sent to an email inbox of your choice.
In general terms, it’s information integration and consolidation, turning your phone system into a powerful entity, capable or collecting metrics, documenting orders, and providing real-time analytics. This only scrapes the surface, with ShoreTel Sky integrating Salesforce.com, Netsuite, SageCRM, along with applicant trackers in Bullhorn, JobDiva, Maxhire, operating successfully with browsers and productivity tools like Firefox, Chrome, and Microsoft Outlook.
Awards & Recognitions:
- Heather Tenuto, the Vice President of Worldwide Channel Programs and Sales, was recognized by The Channel Company, and named to the list of CRN 2015 Channel Chiefs.
- Winner, Customer Magazine 2014 Contact Center Technology AwardWinners.
- Winner, 2014 Gold Stevie Award for Technology Product of the Year in both Australia and Singapore categories, plus New Business Product of the Year in All Other Nations category.
- Winner, 2008-2015 Nemertes Research Best IP Telephony Provider.
- Clients include AT&T Park (home of the San Francisco Giants) and The City of Oakland, CA
Customer Support Hours and Locations:
- US- UK- and AU/NZ-based customer support 24/7
- US: 1 844 746-7383; Europe, Middle East, Africa: +44 (0) 808 134 9920; Australia, New Zealand & Asia Pacific: +61 1 800 258 533