NICE CXone is a cloud contact center that unifies over 30 communication channels–including voice, SMS, email, live and automated chat, social media messaging, and more. The software is accessible on desktop and mobile, featuring agent and desktop dashboards. CXone offers digital, voice-only, or omnichannel plans with routing across all communication channels. It has quality management tools for coaching and evaluation, plus workforce management tools that automate scheduling and support supervisors in providing feedback. CXone incorporates AI for real-time interaction analytics that identify customer sentiment and guide agent actions.
Jump to ↓
NICE CXone Pricing
NICE CXone offers six pricing plans, ranging from $71 to $209 monthly per user. Each tier builds on the features of those below it.
These three plans offer digital, voice-based, or omnichannel dashboards with basic routing. They do not include special features like AI or workforce optimization.
- Digital Agent ($71 monthly per user): Desktop and mobile call center with 30+ digital channels–SMS, email, live chat, social media, and more. Includes agent and supervisor dashboards, reporting, and omnichannel routing.
- Voice Agent ($94 monthly per user): Voice-only contact center for desktop and mobile. Includes universal queueing and self-service IVR, with no-code configuration. Includes report dashboards and voice recording.
- Omnichannel Agent ($110 monthly per user): Voice and digital channels with omnichannel routing and queueing. Captures and stores interactions across all channels. Voice and digital reports and dashboards.
Orchestration, Optimization and Analytics
Three higher-tier plans that build on Interactions Orchestration by adding quality management, workforce optimization, analytics, and AI-based insights.
- Essential Suite ($135 monthly per user): Quality management for agent supervision. Adds screen recording for agent desktop, quality management workflows for evaluation, and real-time monitoring for supervisors.
- Core Suite ($169 monthly per user): Workforce management tools and performance reporting. Adds omnichannel AI forecasting and scheduling, agent mobile app for scheduling, adherence insights, and advanced KPIs and insights about agent performance.
- Complete Suite ($209 monthly per user): Analytics and Voice of the Customer (VOC) insights. Uses AI to identify trends and analytics across all channels. Analyze interactions to identify customer sentiment, conversation categories, and more.
NICE CXone Features
NICE CXone includes dozens of advanced features–channels, call distribution, queuing, AI support, workforce management features, and more.
Here’s a quick breakdown of NICE CXone’s key features:
- Digital and self-service features
- Orchestration and routing
- Workforce engagement management
- CX analytics
- Agent assist
Digital and Self-Service Features
NICE CXone provides automated customer self-service across all 30 communication channels, including the following self-service tools.
- Conversational AI and chatbots: Virtual agents, chatbots, and IVR menus that interact with customers naturally to resolve issues or route queries. Build your IVA with NICE’s low-code tools.
- Knowledge management: Leverage web search, integrated apps, scheduling, and customer purchase history to provide customers with advanced answers to their queries.
- Self-service analytics: Track customer patterns through self-service, IVA, and IVR paths. Identify the most common customer choices with insights about sentiment and repetitive requests.
Orchestration and Routing
NICE CXone includes the following routing and customer journey-orchestration tools across all channels.
- Interaction channels: Blend routing across NICE CXone’s 30+ channel offerings. These include inbound and outbound voice, self-service IVR, email, web chat, messaging platforms like WhatsApp, social media channels, and more.
- Omnichannel routing: An advanced contact distributor (ACD) engine that utilizes analytics and AI to optimize routing. Build routing paths with low-code and no-code drag-and-drop designers to build a frictionless customer experience.
- Enlighten AI routing: CX uses all available data to match inbound queries with the agents best suited to help. This is a skills-based and data-based routing engine.
Workforce Engagement Management
A variety of tools and AI capabilities that manage workforce quality, performance, adherence, and feedback. These features help administrators organize and monitor agent activity.
- Enlighten actions: AI-based software tool that analyzes workforce behavior and interactions, providing actionable plans that pinpoint the best opportunities for automation.
- Workforce management: AI-patented forecasting that predicts staffing needs and uses machine learning to create employee schedules. The software tracks schedule adherence, provides agent self-service scheduling, and offers agents a mobile app to manage their own schedules.
- Quality management: An admin assistance tool with dashboards, automations, and forms to provide feedback and monitor agent performance. It includes multiple dashboards and visuals that display agent service quality and time efficiency. Analytics-based insights that evaluate interaction performance, plus automated and self-service forms for agent evaluation.
NICE CXone tracks productivity, customer satisfaction, and customer journeys across all channels. These insights and data are organized in a variety of dashboards and reports.
- Dashboards and reporting: Hundreds of KPIs, metrics, and data points arranged in dashboards with customizable widgets. Sort reports by user, metric, or channel–over any historical timeframe. Each report features dozens of visuals to display statistics.
- Interaction analytics: Monitors each interaction to identify topics and sentiment trends, quantifying each by popularity. Reports use a variety of color and visual styles to display these insights.
- Customer journey analytics: Get a holistic view of your customer’s journey through your website, routing menu, self-service system, or queues. These dashboards and display insights about which customer paths are most popular, with percentages indicating the most frequented paths.
NICE CXone supports agents with AI-based tools that automate, guide, and summarize interactions and activities.
- Omnichannel agent desktop: The CXone agent desktop portal lets agents monitor all communication channels–including voicemail and queues. The omnichannel interface embeds within CRM applications like Salesforce and HubSpot, but it also pulls customer data and CRM info into the CXone dashboard. During interactions, agents can view customer data, journey history, and previous conversations.
- Real-time guidance: During live interactions, agents have access to a variety of call controls, customer insights, and suggested actions. Agents can transfer calls, switch channels, schedule appointments, or view customer CRM data. The CXone dashboard suggests activities, like promoting self-service or asking questions. AI provides live feedback and customer sentiment info.
- Enlighten Copilot: Agents have a by-their-side AI tool that guides their activity by making suggestions and providing information. Enlighten Copilot suggests actions to resolve issues, offers snippets and links to articles, and notifies supervisors when interaction sentiment becomes problematic.
Our Thoughts and Summary
NICE CXone is a well-rounded contact center, with over 30 communication channels. It also offers voice-only, digital-only, and omnichannel plans.
Here’s our overview and general thoughts on NICE CXone:
- Excellent agent assistance: CXone’s Agent assistance tools, like Enlighten Copilot, support agents well and utilize CRM info. New employees will appreciate the real-time guidance and customer sentiment feedback. The desktop dashboard provides the agent with a coherent view of all channels, controls, and customer information.
- Good for call center monitoring: The workforce optimization and quality management tools help supervisors keep tabs on agent activity and performance. For customer support teams whose supervisors feel overwhelmed, CXone’s real-time analytics and automated notifications will improve team visibility and coaching.
- Impactful AI: NICE CXone leverages AI to improve several aspects of call center functionality. Machine learning tracks customer sentiment, routes inbound calls, makes scheduling forecasts, and suggests agent actions. This makes it a forward-looking contact center that will continue to improve.
- Pricy: While NICE CXone has plenty of positives, the plans are expensive compared with alternatives. This is especially true when considering that the three lowest-tier plans don’t include in-depth AI or analytics. In our opinion, NICE CXone’s most important features only come with the three highest-tier plans, each of which costs $135 or more.