I’m getting ready to renew for my 3rd 2 year stint. I split my phone service about 50/50 between cell and VOIP and like the VOIP phone because my cell service is spotty where I live and the VOIP provides clear unbroken connections. I also like it because 75% of my “Land Line” calls are junk and I pay much less (compared to old Ma Bell) for the phone # that they call on.
Voipo does NOT provide the services…
Voipo does NOT provide the services that I am paid for. I can’t make a call to overseas to a country that is on their list. I opened a ticket and this is the final response.
We apologize for the inconvenience. At this time we do have calling to certain high rate destinations restricted. We do hope to unblock higher rate areas again in the future, but we do not have an eta at this time. xxxx1919243797 and XXXXx1965133720 are currently included in rate areas that are above our current security cap, and will not be able to be dialed at this time.
VOIPo Customer Care
Why didn’t they disclose this information prior to get my money for 2 years agreement.
Sad and an fair.
Voipo used to be an excellent run VOIP…
Voipo used to be an excellent run VOIP business. I’ve had issues in the past that were responded to and resolved fairly quickly. However, over the last couple of months I’ve noticed a steady degradation of voice quality with steadily increasing line static. Opening a ticket only resulted in a series of technical questions about the adapter, resetting the adapter, voltage and amperage values, what brand of modem/router, and what ISP I have. In the meantime, the static has gotten worse and dialing a number, any number, results in a busy signal. So, no working phone for which I’m all paid up until 2020, or there about. I’d look for a different provider of this service.
Their service is damn good. I stacked up…
Their service is damn good. I stacked up years of their special price so my phone service is practically free. When I had initial hookup problems even the owner of the company helped out.
They tell you not to wire in additional phones, claiming their box is so fragile it can’t support being hooked into household wiring even if you have disconnected it from the phone company.
I recommend them to friends a lot. Occasionally I have to restart their box, but beyond that haven’t had much trouble.
Works with NoMoRobo.com to screen out robocallers, which is a huge plus. I wouldn’t get a service that didn’t work with that!!!!
VOIPO’s adapter produces low…
1. VOIPO’s adapter produces low voltage. Cannot drive two telephones on a single line.
2. VOIPO claims SERVICE BEGINS THE DAY OF YOUR ORDER rather than the day you install their adapter!
3. VOIPO Cust Serv quotes terms of a Service Agreement which was never provided.
Since 2004, VoIPo has provided worldwide support for residential and business VoIP. They offer unlimited calling to the U.S. & Canada, along with some of the lowest international calling rates in the industry to destinations all over the world. For the enterprising VoIP user, the VoIPo Reseller Program extends some fantastic incentives for selling VoIP services on their network. Their unlimited packages are also noteworthy, including over 40 calling features in one low price.
Most Popular Plan – VoIPo often runs promotional deals for buying the first two years up front at $149. The discount on this promotion is their most popular, averaging out to about $6.21 per month with no activation or shipping fees, plus a free equipment lease to start. Complementary to replacing your old home service, VoIPo will also port your old number ‘on the house’ as well, even throwing in a second AND third line at no charge. VoIPo offers 100% “risk free” subscriptions, offering a complete refund within 30 days if you are not satisfied for any reason. Plans include 1000 Free minutes per month (incoming & outgoing), plus 60 international minutes (premiums also available for $7.95 that include 1200 minutes).A few among their many service features are 7,10, and 11 digit Dialing, Caller ID, Call Waiting, 3-Way Calling, *67 Outbound Caller ID Blocking, Softphone, E911, Choose Your Own Area Code, Keep Your Number, 711 Service (deaf and blind relay), along with advanced features like Call Logs, Virtual Numbers, Network Failover Forwarding, Simultaneous Ring, Voicemail SMS Notifications & E-mailing, SMS Control. All of the aforementioned features are free, except for virtual numbers, which are $4.95/month or $36/year.
VoIPo Exclusives – VoIPo service offers a few unique features that are their own special blend for residential and small business use:
– Control Features by SMS: By texting to a 5-digit number (95495), users may remotely control setting like DND, forwarding, failover, and more by using short code. Simply add your cell number in the vPanel to turn your text-enabled device into a portable, quick command center.
– Distinctive Ringtones: This feature lets users in on who’s calling simply by listening to the phone. Discern the priority of a call without needing to get out of your seat by assigning different ringtones to incoming callers.
– SMS Text Messaging: Once enabled, VOIPo users are able to send and receive SMS text messages from within the VOIPo control panel to and from virtually any US-based SMS capable phone, including wireless numbers. Forwarding options are also aplenty, with SMS texts finding their way to e-mail for later reference, other SMS numbers, and more.