At this point and time, it’s pretty clear that VoIP is destined to usurp traditional landlines as the dominant form of telephony. Every year a number of market research firms, industry analysts, and other experts and groups produce forecasts, statistics, and reports that dictate the rising dominance of VoIP—i.e. the increased number of users, mobile adoption, increased revenue, etc.
Here are some current forecasts and statistics worth checking out:
- According to In-Stat, the total number of VoIP users is estimated to reach 288 million by the end of 2013. Of this number, 50% are predicted to use Mobile VoIP via their VoIP providers.
- According to In-Stat, VoIP penetration will grow significantly reaching 79% by the end of 2013.
- Infonetics Research forecasts that the combined business and residential VoIP service market will grow to $76.1 billion in 2015.
- Infonetics Research also reported that the number of seats for hosted VoIP and other Unified Communications services is set to double by the year 2016.
- Infonetics Research also revealed that the global VoIP market is expected to rise from $63 billion in 2012 to $82.7 billion by 2017.
- Juniper Research, a leading Tech Analyst house, forecasts there will be over 1 billion users of VoIP services by 2017.
- IBISWorld forecasts VoIP industry value added (VoIP’s contribution to the economy) will increase at an annualized rate of 15.3% through 2017.
- Additionally, IBISWorld projects VoIP to generate around $15.4 billion in revenue by 2017.
Increased interest and attention regarding VoIP has led to an influx in the number of service providers, experts, and professionals within the industry. With so much information being made readily available, it’s important for users to know the true authorities within the industry—i.e. the top industry experts. Luckily, we’ve compiled a list of the top 50 VoIP Experts to follow on Twitter.
List of Experts on Twitter:
1. Braun Mincher @BraunMincher
2. Jeff Pulver @JeffPulver
3. Dave Michels @DaveMichels
4. Bas Kooijman @bkooijman
5. Bruce Marler @brucemarler
6. Jon Arnold @arnoldjon
7. Alok Saboo @truvoip
8. Rich Tehrani @rtehrani
9. Tom Keating @tomkeating
10. Irwin Lazar @imlazar
11. Mark Goldberg @mark_goldberg
12. Dr. C. Coursaris @DrCoursaris
13. Todd Nielsen @IT_ToddNielson
14. Andy Abramson @andyabramson
15. Nick Lippis @NickLippis
16. Maurico Ward @iamRicosauvey
17. Mark Spencer @markster
18. Dan York @DanYork
19. Bryan Hertz @bryanhertz
20. Blair Pleasant @blairplez
21. Alec Saunders @asaunders
22. Adam Jacobs @adamjacobs
23. Henry Dewing @hwdewing
24. Elka Popova @epopova
25. Tommy Clarke @itommyclarke
26. Mark Ward @ward_m
27. Dameon D. Welch-Abernathy @PhoneBoy
28. Jon Brinton @JonBrinton
29. Ward Mundy @NerdUno
30. Ross Rubin @rossrubin
31. Martin Geddes @martingeddes
32. JM Alvarez Pallete @jmalvpal
33. Evan Kirstel @evankirstel
34. Yaniv Masjedi @YanivMasjedi
35. Ronald Gruia @rgruia
36. Todd Carothers @tcarothers
37. Michael S. White @e4VoIP
38. Diane Myers @dianemyers
39. Warren Bent @WarrenBent
40. Larry Lisser @LarryLisser
41. Suzanne Bowen @suzannebowen
42. Bill Miller @beelinebill
43. Olle E Johansson @oej
44. Joshua Goldbard @ThePBXGuy
45. Stephanie Watson @SteffWatson
46. Sheila McGee-Smith @McGeeSmith
47. Brian Riggs @brian_riggs
48. Peter Radizeski @radinfo
49. Camille Mendler @cmendler
50. Jeff Kagan @jeffkagan
Although we think the list is strong, by no means do we believe it to be comprehensive. If you have any other suggestions for the list, please leave them in the comments below and we’ll make sure to consider them in the future.