Here's What You Can Expect From GetVoIP
Having tested 300 VoIP Service Providers, we'll help you identify the best VoIP phone system for your needs, and connect you with prescreened VoIP providers.
Find in-depth proprietary guides for buying smarter so that you can get the most out of your VoIP provider.
Our QuoteMatch tool will look through countless of VoIP providers to find prescreened matches that fit you best.
Create a profile to easily narrow down VoIP solutions to your specific needs, goals, and budget.
We've helped thousands of people since 2012
Here's what a few of them have to say:
GetVoIP's comparison guides made it easy to summarize services and make an informed and cost-effective decision.
After submitting a quote request, GetVoIP found what we needed in just a few mins. We were up an running in a couple of days.
New to VoIP? Start Here.
- What is VoIP?
- Save Money with VoIP
- Get Started with VoIP
What is VoIP?
VoIP is, or Voice over Internet Protocol, a new form of digital telephone service in which calls are sent and received over the Internet. To utilize Voice over IP phone systems, all users need is a high speed Internet connection and a VoIP phone service provider.
VoIP service providers offer many highly advanced, next generation calling, texting, video, and conferencing features. Often these features are included, and are valuable assets every step of the way throughout your specific communication needs. Traditionally, many of the calling features now included with VoIP phone services were exercised by a human being operating a switchboard. Directing call traffic appropriately is vital to the success of any business. With Voice Over IP solutions, many of them are customizable to put your business at the pinnacle of efficiency and professionalism. Network features are designed to make sure your business never misses a beat – keeping your infrastructure at the tip of your fingers at all times.
How do VoIP phones work compared to a landline phone?
Answer: You won’t even notice a difference. When making a call using your VoIP phone service, you pick up your phone like normal, dial the number you want to reach, your phone connects to the PSTN, and connect using your internet connection instead of a traditional circuit board landline.
Traditional landlines work by transferring analog voice signals over copper wires. While Voice over IP works by converting analog voice into digital data packets and transmitting it over the internet.
What to Look for in VoIP Providers:
When shoppers ask which is the best VoIP service or who are the best VoIP providers, no two answers will ever be the same. Keep in mind, that the best service for one individual or business, might not be the most ideal for you. It’s all about finding a VoIP provider that can cater to your specific needs. Users should consider these factors when comparing VoIP providers:
1. Support – is there 24/7 support offered? What are the support options and where is the customer service department based.
2. Reliability/Down Time – How often is the system scheduled to be down for upgrades and maintenance?
3. Quality of Service – Be sure the provider is able to deliver high-quality calls at all times. Check for uptime and SLA guarantees.
4. Versatility – Look for a provider who is able to grow and shift along with you and your needs.
Once familiarized with VoIP services, hone in on what these features can do for you and how to transition to the next level. First and foremost, is cost – a universal concern for anyone. Check the provider’s plans and pricing and be sure they’re the most cost-efficient for your calling needs. There is also quality & reliability, portability, customer support, and a satisfaction guarantee; all key factors that may be clinchers or deal-breakers when going through the process.
Save Money with VoIP
1. Get Lower Monthly Rates/Fees – Low prices are due to the fact that VoIP technology is built upon the infrastructure of your existing internet service, and because voice data is much cheaper to send over the internet compared to landlines.
2. Get All Inclusive Calling Plans with Unlimited Local & Long Distance – With VoIP, every call is a local call. Most plans will offer all inclusive calling for a flat price, which is still much less than the cost of a landline phone.
3. Free Premium Features You Never Have To Pay For – VoIP includes features that are not available with landlines such as: voicemail transcriptions, auto-attendants, HD Voice & Video, E911, unified communications, and more. These features come standard with all VoIP plans.
4. Immediate Flexibility &Scalability – VoIP eliminates your costs on unused services. These companies offer specialized plans tailored to your specific needs, allowing users to make changes on the go, making it easier for business to scale.
Get Started with VoIP
In going the VoIP route, look for a company that offers a simple, condensed solution. Here’s how:
Step 1. Define which services you need: how many phones do you need? Do you need specific calling features? Narrowing down your precise calling needs will make it easier when comparing plans.
Step 2. Establish a budget: with your set budget and calling needs in mind, you can easily narrow down providers that can deliver the services you need within your set budget.
Step 3. Evaluate key aspects of providers: such as reliability, customer service, satisfaction guarantee, terms, cost, and security. With this information accounted for, you will be able to differentiate between provider offerings.
Step 4. Read VoIP Reviews: research user feedback, take notice of VoIP ratings and the unbiased experiences from current subscribers. This will give you a better sense of what to expect, as well as the overall user experience of the company.
We address the above 4 steps in our easy-to-read comparison charts of the best VoIP providers and their offerings. Every key detail is front and center in our extensive round-up comparisons. Don’t get swept up in what might be great marketing unsupported by likewise service. We’ve done the research for you, by narrowing down the best VoIP providers in the industry. Follow the above 4 steps for a seamless transition.
Use our QuoteMatch Tool to get started with Business VoIP.
Instant quotes from top providers: