The migration and previous lessons learned were never part of the communication cycle. Known issues were slow played to the implementation team, the lack of response was frustrating until you realize that the FD team is a sorry group of professionals. Then you just expect bad and get it.
Freshdesk Verified Reviews & Ratings
Freshdesk was inspired by a Hacker News article suggesting that the market was ready for a new Help Desk, and the right one could disrupt the entire industry. Girish Mathrubootham and Shan Krishnasamy got to work in 2010, and launched Freshdesk in 2011. Within months of its release, Freshdesk won the Microsoft BizSpark startup challenge, a program designed to give funding to software entrepreneurs
Freshdesk also offers FreshFone VoIP, FreshChat live chat, and Freshservice, a cloud-based IT service desk. Freshdesk is run out of San Fransisco, CA, USA, and Chennai, India.
Most Popular Plan:
Estate, $49/user/mo or $40/user/mo annually: At this tier, Freshdesk offers the Freshdesk Arcade. The arcade is a system that ranks and gives bonuses based on accomplishments, much like a video game. Agents start out as a “newbie,” and work their way up to being a “guru,” getting bonus badges like “Speed Racer” along the way.
- 24-hour Email & Phone support
- Community forums & Knowledge base
- Facebook sync with unlimited accounts
- Twitter sync
- 3rd Party apps
- Enterprise report
- iOS and Android mobile app
Freshdesk is a pay-as-you-go service, and you can get lower prices with annual billing. In addition to the free tier, you can get a 30-day free trial with no credit card.
- Twitter sync
- Facebook sync, unlimited accounts
- Canned response macros
- Timed- or event- triggered responses
- Tools to adhere to an SLA
- Support for 3rd party apps including popular VoIP, CRM, eCommerce and productivity apps
- Gamification (achievement-based ranking & awards)
- Mobile app for iOS and Android
- Tools for customers to help themselves
All Available Plans & Services:
- Sprout, $0/user/mo, maximum of 3 users, $15/user/mo fourth agent and above: Email ticketing; reusable/canned response macros; automatic solution suggestions; email notification; custom ticket views; add tags to tickets, solutions, and contacts; merge tickets; add notes to ticket; add watchers to ticker; user another agent’s identity; export tickets; Freshfone; ticket assignment; timer triggered automations; event-triggered automations; multi-task workflows; email commands; SLA time management; SLA-related email; email to knowledge base; SEO optimization; suggested solutions; iOS/Android app, mobile site; customizable ticket forms; depended fields in ticket forms; customizable widget; exporting reports; basic reporting; FreshPlugs gallery; Public customer portal customization; security options; CRM apps; email marketing; library of other integrations.
- Blossom, $19/user/mo or 16/user/mo annually: All features listed above; time tracking; integrated customer satisfaction surveys; sync to unlimited Twitter and Facebook accounts; community forms for self-service; gamification; advanced reporting; custom domain mapping; satisfaction surveys; invoicing tools.
- Garden, $29/user/mo or $25/user/mo annually: All features listed above; FreshChat integrated live chat; multiple business hours; multiple SLA policies; product/group/company-level SLAs; support for multiple languages and time zones; multi-product community forums; full CSS customization.
- Estate, $49/user/mo or $40/user/mo annually: All features listed above; agent collision detection; Facebook in-sync app; round robin ticket assignment; enterprise reporting; customizable agent roles; complete layout customization; FreshThemes gallery; additional security options.
- Forest, $79/user/mo or $70/user/mo annually: All features listed above; additional security options.
Help & Support Options:
- All plans: 24×7 Email support, 24×5 phone support
Awards & Recognitions:
- Winner, Microsoft Bizspark India Startup Challenge.
- Notable clients include Cisco, Verizon Wireless, Honda, Warby Parker.
Editor’s Bottom Line:
Freshdesk aims to make customer support fun for the agents by incorporating gamification. In layperson’s terms, gamification is treating a chore or work assignment like a video game. Freshdesk agents “level up” when they help more customers. Points are awarded for solving problems fastest or on the first call. Hard data and customer surveys influence scoring, so every agent wants to help the most people and get a high score. Gamification is more than just a gimmick. Well-thought out achievement badges and ongoing goals have been shown to motivate a workforce.
No review of Freshdesk would be complete without mentioning the controversy when a noted blogger said it was a ripoff of Zendesk. The CEO of Zendesk agreed, and said so on Twitter. Freshdesk has only benefited from the press that followed, and has since grown at a rate comparable to its more experienced rival.
Freshdesk makes it easier to grow in small steps. Its free plan increases to a $15/user/mo plan for the fourth user and above, which can then grow into a $16/user/mo plan as the subscriber’s needs increase. Freshdesk comes loaded with features even at its free tier, which is designed to make life-long subscribers out of today’s startups, some of which may one day be the next Google or Amazon. Similarly, Zendesk gives Day Passes for a few dollars per agent per month, depending on the plan. When an event occurs that spikes the need for customer support, like a new product release, Freshdesk subscribers can add agents temporarily without paying for the whole month.
The combination of gamification and gently-sloped price increases make Freshdesk one of the best help desk services you can find.