I am a Vonage customer from 2011 and they have increased the monthly prices rapidly and at one certain stage when I contacted customer service to reduce the price, they are happy to cancel the service with out hesitation. Poor service.
This was the worst service we’ve ever…
This was the worst service we’ve ever received! Nobody showed up when they were supposed to and no one emailed us back. Awful service
This is the worst company I have ever…
This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Totally incompetent staff, totally unable to deliver any kind of service, unreliable, and worst of all – if you try to leave they will try to charge you, despite the fact they have not provided the service they promise. STAY CLEAR
My only complaint: If a call is not…
My only complaint: If a call is not answered, it goes to voicemail, but callers get a message that our voicemail is full. It is not full; there are two messages (we want to keep), 16 seconds and 24 seconds, resp. Otherwise it all works as expected, including outstanding integration with iPhone.
I am a current user of vonage, it seems…
I am a current user of vonage, it seems they are good with the home services not with full service professional business system.
I have been going back and forth with Vonage and they keep blaming the internet provider, but while vonage is not able to provide reliable service but I can go to skype for free and use it without any issues.
Now we are looking for new system, as soon as we find we are going to change.
First introduced to consumers in 2004, Vonage has been a pioneer in VoIP services and remains one of the largest providers today. Vonage was created by Jeff Pulver, who was responsible for crafting of one the first Voice Over Internet Protocol applications, Free World Dialup. The company has since acquired the fast-growing business VOIP provider, Vocalocity, in 2013. Vonage continues to expand its offerings in both the residential and business market, now utilizing Vocalocity’s resources and customer base as well as their VoIP call platform. Recent innovations in the provider’s offerings including a plug-in for Facebook, iOS and Android apps, mobile calling and far-reaching international calling plans.
In 2009, Vonage introduced its most popular residential plan, Vonage World. The plan offered unlimited international calling to more than 60 countries for a flat rate, and has since expanded to include 70 countries. With a simple setup, competitive pricing and a large array of features, Vonage is an easy to adopt solution.
Most Popular Plan:
Vonage World is the provider’s most popular residential calling plan, for $27.99 a month. The plan includes unlimited minutes to 70 countries around the word, 10 countries for mobile calls, the ability to call on a home phone and two smartphones, and 25 customizable features. The plan also includes number porting to retain your original home phone number, or can provide you with a new number. Included hardware is simple to setup and quick to adopt. Plug in your phone and router, and you’re all set to start making calls.
The Bottom Line:
As one of the most recognizable VoIP providers, and now more stable platform with the 2013 acquisition of Vocalocity, Vonage has formed one of the most powerful calling platforms with unlimited calling in one of the largest pools of included countries. Additions like number porting, smartphone apps, and other unique calling features make Vonage a good choice for those looking to switch to any easy VoIP solution to replace their phone service at home.
All Available Plans:
- Vonage North America: $24.99 a month with free activation for unlimited calling across the U.S. (including Puerto Rico), Canada and now even Mexico
- Vonage World: $27.99 a month for unlimited calling to 70 countries, including unlimited mobile calls to 10 countries
- US & Canada 400: $12.99 a month for 400 calling minutes per month to the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico
- Vonage 3000 To Globe Philippines: $29.99 a month for 3,000 minutes to major Philippines VoIP provider Globe Telecom, plus Vonage World features including unlimited global calls to 70 countries
All Available Calling Features:
- Three-way calling to add a third person to the conversation at anytime
- Bandwidth Saver to maintain great call quality even when internet connections are poor
- Call Return lets you see who called you and when and return the call without having to redial the number
- Call Transfer to redirect any calls to any number in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada while you’re on another call
- Call waiting so you can see who is calling when you’re on the other line
- Do Not Disturb setting will have all your calls go straight to the Vonage Voicemail Plus whenever you want
- In-Network Calling is free to call other Vonage numbers
- International & Directory Assistance Block can block directory assistance and international calls
- Network Availability Number to forward calls to any number of your choice in case power goes out
- Ring Lists let you direct incoming calls to the specific Vonage line of your choice
- Vonage Extensions allow you to take your number anywhere and use your smartphone to make and answer calls through a mobile app
- Selective Call Block to quickly block unwanted calls with through the mobile app or your Online Account. Block and unblock numbers as frequently as you want
- Vonage Voicemail Plus lets you listen to voicemails from your phone or have audio files sent to your e-mail inbox
- Enhanced Call Forwarding to answer home phone calls no matter where you are, through your Vonage Online Account or any other number including mobile
- SimulRing lets you forward your calls to up to five additional phones including desk phones, basic mobile phones or even smartphones without the Vonage Extensions app
- Dedicated Fax Line lets you send or receive faxes from your home without tying up your phone line
- Toll-Free Plus allows you adopt a toll free number for others to call you for free
- Virtual Number lets you save family and friends money by setting up a Virtual Number in their area code, no more long distance calls
- Vonage Online Account to manage your Vonage service from your smartphone or computer
- Special Service Numbers include:
-211: Your connection to community services
-311: Your local public information center
-411: Residential and business phone listings within the U.S., including Puerto Rico, and Canada
-511: Timely travel information
-711: Your state’s Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) so you can call any phone with a text phone (TTY)
–811: Locate your city’s underground utility lines