What a rip-off! I can’t believe how this company treats its customers. I was with them for about a year using several different numbers. I had to call in about once a week for technical support because something wasn’t working right. I finally found a company to switch to that I tested and worked with 0 issues and I started the port process and then canceled the account before the billing cycle renewed. They sent me a bill for the following month and to this day say I still owe them money. It doesn’t matter I constantly had problems, it doesn’t matter their service didn’t work well or the apps. I still owe them money for not using their service. I would not use them again if someone paid me to do so. Horrible!
Absolute crap company. The worst…
Absolute crap company. The worst customer support and service I’ve ever experienced. You can’t get in touch with anyone and we’ve had NOTHING but issues with their service. I even canceled my account, ported over my number and they are STILL charging me. Garbage. Don’t get involved with this company.
We have business vonage for many years….
We have business vonage for many years. We have 11 phones. Support has been the best of any phone company we ever had over 35 years with out business. I think we have had system since 2015 and our original sales guy is there there. I think they have gone to chat only but only needed help last year one time. Just with a feature. I am shocked with the bad reviews here. Maybe only people with problems take the time to write a review. I do think AT&T is the worst company on earth.
Unless you are very large they won’t…
Unless you are very large they won’t talk to you. you must use their chat feature. I spent 4 hours trying to change my plan only to be finally told no and that I must cancel and start a new account to take advantage of the current pricing. Under NO circumstances would I recommend Vonage to anyone. I will be canceling ALL my services with them and recommend my clients to do the same
We use Vonage for our small business….
We use Vonage for our small business. Recently, they’ve discontinued customer service by phone, referring all service requests to online chat or their online “ticket” system. We pay for the Business Number Inbox feature, which hasn’t worked in months. It broke mysteriously in November, and now it’s almost February and they still haven’t fixed it despite numerous support requests, each of which has been the height of infuriating with having to navigate through their support “tiers” with every new support attempt. They still charge us for this broken feature every month.
A couple weeks ago I had a device suddenly get blacklisted. It had been working fine for over a year, and then it suddenly didn’t work anymore. This was in the middle of a workday. Customer service was unreachable. It took me over 4 hours to get it resolved on my own, and the solution ended up causing an unexpected loss of data for one of our employees.
Vonage is absolutely awful to deal with as a small business. We’re planning to switch to another VOIP provided ASAP. I recommend against considering them.
I’m finally leaving. This year is the…
I’m finally leaving. this year is the worst they’ve ever been and even though I’ve been using them since the company began, I’m out!
All of their customer support numbers are gone and nobody will call, emails are responded to with generic canned messages and nobody in support will ever consider anything other than it’s your browser and their tech support staff has not a single clue about the most basic troubleshooting and it takes many attempts to be understood on the most simple concepts.
I’m out folks! I’m tired of looking stupid because they can’t function and their yealink phones often can’t enter digits into phone automation systems; even vonage’s own systems, and this is my 3 rd phone replacement.
They used to be great, but now they are simply trash as a phone service.
I have spent more than an hour trying…
I have spent more than an hour trying to cancel my account. After a lot of searching on the Vonage site, I finally found the number I said I had to call — 1-866-243-4357. The answer? “This number is no longer in service.” I found another number and waited 15 minutes on hold. Then someone answered and transferred me to someone else. That call was answered and I heard laughter and chatting in the background, but no one ever got on the phone, then it was disconnected. I went through the same process again, and eventually was able to cancel.
A company that has such poor customer service will never get my business!
i have been a customer of …
i have been a customer of vonage for about five years now and never had a problem with them the only problem from time to time was the drop line when speaking to someone. the quality of the line was good strong signal and clear better than my verzon landline phone the reason i changed to another viop thier price per month continued to increase as time went on for the last three months of 2020 october november december they charged me $46.70 per month i am a self- employed sales rep. and make quite a few calls per week i work on only comm. the vonage phone service just became too expensive for my montly budget. i just could not pay the bill to verizon and vonage also
DO NOT GET ANY SERVICE FROM VONAGE….
DO NOT GET ANY SERVICE FROM VONAGE. This company doesn’t care about customer service at all. The quality of service is unacceptable. It has been more than a month we are dealing with TECHNICAL issues caused by VONAGE customer service and technical support team, so far 2 tickets have been created and the issues were escalated to the engineering department but after two weeks they were able to fix inbound call issues and after one month some serious technical issues exist and outbound calling has a problem. we were trying to reach them out by phone and email but nobody is responsible. We are in the process of taking legal action against this company. I DO NOT RECOMMEND VONGE AT ALL. Do not trust them at all.
I called their customer support trying…
I called their customer support trying to get some questions answered about their service offering and the rep “Rita” refused to answer any of my questions. She told me that Vonage does not have a sales team — all the information was “on the website”. I am here ready and willing to spend money on their services, and I can’t even get basic questions answered. What an epic, awful fail. Avoid these jokers at all costs.
First introduced to consumers in 2004, Vonage has been a pioneer in VoIP services and remains one of the largest providers today. Vonage was created by Jeff Pulver, who was responsible for crafting of one the first Voice Over Internet Protocol applications, Free World Dialup. The company has since acquired the fast-growing business VOIP provider, Vocalocity, in 2013. Vonage continues to expand its offerings in both the residential and business market, now utilizing Vocalocity’s resources and customer base as well as their VoIP call platform. Recent innovations in the provider’s offerings including a plug-in for Facebook, iOS and Android apps, mobile calling and far-reaching international calling plans.
In 2009, Vonage introduced its most popular residential plan, Vonage World. The plan offered unlimited international calling to more than 60 countries for a flat rate, and has since expanded to include 70 countries. With a simple setup, competitive pricing and a large array of features, Vonage is an easy to adopt solution.
Most Popular Plan:
Vonage World is the provider’s most popular residential calling plan, for $27.99 a month. The plan includes unlimited minutes to 70 countries around the word, 10 countries for mobile calls, the ability to call on a home phone and two smartphones, and 25 customizable features. The plan also includes number porting to retain your original home phone number, or can provide you with a new number. Included hardware is simple to setup and quick to adopt. Plug in your phone and router, and you’re all set to start making calls.
The Bottom Line:
As one of the most recognizable VoIP providers, and now more stable platform with the 2013 acquisition of Vocalocity, Vonage has formed one of the most powerful calling platforms with unlimited calling in one of the largest pools of included countries. Additions like number porting, smartphone apps, and other unique calling features make Vonage a good choice for those looking to switch to any easy VoIP solution to replace their phone service at home.
All Available Plans:
- Vonage North America: $24.99 a month with free activation for unlimited calling across the U.S. (including Puerto Rico), Canada and now even Mexico
- Vonage World: $27.99 a month for unlimited calling to 70 countries, including unlimited mobile calls to 10 countries
- US & Canada 400: $12.99 a month for 400 calling minutes per month to the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico
- Vonage 3000 To Globe Philippines: $29.99 a month for 3,000 minutes to major Philippines VoIP provider Globe Telecom, plus Vonage World features including unlimited global calls to 70 countries
All Available Calling Features:
- Three-way calling to add a third person to the conversation at anytime
- Bandwidth Saver to maintain great call quality even when internet connections are poor
- Call Return lets you see who called you and when and return the call without having to redial the number
- Call Transfer to redirect any calls to any number in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada while you’re on another call
- Call waiting so you can see who is calling when you’re on the other line
- Do Not Disturb setting will have all your calls go straight to the Vonage Voicemail Plus whenever you want
- In-Network Calling is free to call other Vonage numbers
- International & Directory Assistance Block can block directory assistance and international calls
- Network Availability Number to forward calls to any number of your choice in case power goes out
- Ring Lists let you direct incoming calls to the specific Vonage line of your choice
- Vonage Extensions allow you to take your number anywhere and use your smartphone to make and answer calls through a mobile app
- Selective Call Block to quickly block unwanted calls with through the mobile app or your Online Account. Block and unblock numbers as frequently as you want
- Vonage Voicemail Plus lets you listen to voicemails from your phone or have audio files sent to your e-mail inbox
- Enhanced Call Forwarding to answer home phone calls no matter where you are, through your Vonage Online Account or any other number including mobile
- SimulRing lets you forward your calls to up to five additional phones including desk phones, basic mobile phones or even smartphones without the Vonage Extensions app
- Dedicated Fax Line lets you send or receive faxes from your home without tying up your phone line
- Toll-Free Plus allows you adopt a toll free number for others to call you for free
- Virtual Number lets you save family and friends money by setting up a Virtual Number in their area code, no more long distance calls
- Vonage Online Account to manage your Vonage service from your smartphone or computer
- Special Service Numbers include:
-211: Your connection to community services
-311: Your local public information center
-411: Residential and business phone listings within the U.S., including Puerto Rico, and Canada
-511: Timely travel information
-711: Your state’s Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) so you can call any phone with a text phone (TTY)
–811: Locate your city’s underground utility lines