What information do we collect?
GetVoIP collects information from visitors once they’ve registered on the website, requested a VoIP quote, subscribed to a newsletter, comment on articles (via Disqus), reply to other comments, respond to a survey, or otherwise complete a form. Upon registering with GetVoIP, we may request your information—i.e. name, email address mailing address, company name, and/or phone number—as appropriate.
What do we use your information for?
GetVoIP reserves the right to use collected information in any and all of the following ways:
- To Personalize Your Experience—your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To Improve Our Website—we continually strives to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback received from you.
- To Improve Visitor Experience—your information helps us more effectively respond to user experiences, service requests, and support needs
- To Connect You With a VoIP Provider (as applicable)
- To Administer a Contest, Promotion, Survey or Other Site Feature
- To Send Periodic Emails—the email address provided will only be used to send information and updates pertaining to specified requests and activity within the GetVoIP site.
Note: GetVoIP allots users the ability to unsubscribe from receiving emails at any time. GetVoIP includes detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of every email.
How we protect your information
We implement and utilize an array of security protocols, firewalls, and measures in order to maintain and ensure the safety of all personal information when you enter, submit, or access any personal information.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). They enable the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
GetVoIP does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer any personal identifiable information to outside parties without your consent. Users should however note that this agreement does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you; however, these parties must comply in keeping this information confidential.
GetVoIP also reserves the right to release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce our site policies, or to protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
GetVoIP is in compliance with the requirement of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). As such, we do NOT collect information of any sorts from any person of the age 13 or under. The GetVoIP website and its content and services are all directed to persons of the age of 13 or older.
By using the GetVoIP website in any capacity, you are hereby consenting to our privacy policies. As such, users should be sure to review the points and topics covered above regularly.
Last updated on November 7, 2013