Whether you’re a boss at work, at home, or in another part of your life, there are surely situations where you have to make an executive decision. When you do, do you rule with an iron fist or show compassion? Do you make your own path or follow the rules?
So which boss are you? Does that boss’s personality resonate? Is there anything you can learn from him or her?
Though these characters aren’t real, they can still teach us lessons. Some show us what poor leadership looks like, while others inspire us to take charge and handle difficult situations with class. Fictional characters even give insightful and inspiring business advice. Some of our favorite inspiring quotes are:
- “If you don’t like what’s being said, change the conversation.” – Don Draper
- “The most sacred thing I do is care and provide for my workers, my family. I give them money. I give them food. Not directly, but through the money. I heal them.” – Michael Scott
- “It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” – Albus Dumbledore
- “I am very good at what I do. I am better than anyone else — and that’s not arrogance, that is a fact.” – Olivia Pope
- “Never be afraid to stand up for yourself, just be sure you’re right when you do.” – Miranda Bailey
All these characters reiterate the importance of self-confidence, mastery, and speaking up for what you believe in — often much needed reminders.