This company is not user friendly to anyone. Worst company that I ever delt with and when i tried to leave them.. They would not release the numbers for porting to new provider
I signed up for Voxox cloud phone…
I signed up for voxox cloud phone for my staffing business about 3 months ago. I called to verify that the auto attendant service worked and loved the way it sounded and worked. I set everything up and even had others call to verify that it sounded nice and professional. After ordering and distributing marketing materials to thousands of potential clients and job seekers, I called the cloud phone because I thought it was strange that I hadn’t received any phone calls. The number rang to someone else and when I called support, they couldn’t tell me much more than I was never supposed to have he number that I choose from a list they provided on their site. I have lost thousands of dollars in potential business and bad marketing materials and they said all they could do for me is a free month of service. They then stopped answering and replying to me when I said that wasn’t enough to compensate me for loss of business and wasted products. If you want your business to be successful, do not use this service! You may never get calls from your customers and they will not care to fix it!
You need to be pretty tech
You need to be pretty tech savvy to use this service. I was promised a more of a ready to go system, but got stuck with having to learn the IT ropes the hard way. The support staff was helpful in getting me through the setup process thought, which still may seem complicated at times. There are too many features to name, and we only less than half.
We have had Voxox for…
We have had Voxox for about 3 years now and have been very happy with the service. They have always been very responsive to any of our needs. I highly recommend.
What a customer service!
I recently switched to Voxox after Google Voice announced the termination of their XMMS service. I use it with an OBI110 with no issues on the Voxox side so far. I had one issue with my router configuration after switching from GV. I contacted Voxox about the issue and I got a prompt reply after business hours! It turns out that SIP and NAT don’t always play nice together. They pointed me in the right direction and I could quickly fix the problem. What a customer service!
Founded in 2006 under the name Telcentris, Voxox has a proprietary platform that works across more channels, networks, and devices than most any provider. They use their own proprietary unified communications platform that connects calls and data at a low cost to the consumer. They offer SIP trunking, Cloud Phone, Hosted PBX, and their mobile app. Their app, which is their flagship product, allows free P2P voice, video, chat, fax, text, and even file transfer. Voxox helps consumer integrate all their communications needs. Voxox signed a deal in March 2014 to install Voxox on many Lenovo laptops.
Voxox Pricing and Services
Prices Start At:
– Free for mobile app download and in-network calls
– $9.99/mo for metered SIP trunking
Available Products and Services:
- Cloud Phone – Cloud phone plans are 100% cloud-based and include email/community tech support, free local number, and Fortune 500-style PBX features.
– Basic, $19.95/mo: Up to two users; 500 mins/mo; overage 4.9c/min.
– Plus, $39.95/mo: Up to five users; 1,000 mins/mo; overage 3.9c/min
– Pro, $49.95/mo: Up to ten users; 5,000 mins/mo; overage 2.9c/min
- SIP Trunks – SIP trunking phone numbers are available in North America, North American Toll-Free, International Toll-Free for 100+ countries, or international DID for 60+ countries. All in-network calls are free. E911 services are available for all North American numbers. Automatic failover to alternate phone number. Available hand-off to SIP, PRI, or Super-Trunk.
– Metered Plan, $9.99/mo: free in-network/inter-office calls; 3 trunk minimum; low per-minute rates.
– Unlimited plan, $24.99/mo: free in-network/inter-office calls; 3 trunk minimum; unlimited calls to contiguous US and Canada.
- Hosted PBX – Hosted PBX includes free inter-office calls, 1 voicemail box, voicemail to email, hosted PBX features
– Basic metered service: $5/mo (must be bundled with metered or unlimited SIP trunking plan)
– Add-ons for basic service: auto-attendant, $14.99/mo; conference bridge, $9.99/mo; inbound fax to email, $5.99/mo;
– 2-way electronic fax, $16.99/mo; US DID number, $0.50; toll-free number, $2.99/mo.
– Hosted PBX Startup Bundle, $199/mo and up: 4 Unlimited Hosted PBX seats; 5 Phone numbers; 4 Polycom SoundPoint 335 IP phones; Managed VoIP router data switch; Online management portal; 4 Voicemail boxes; 4 Fax-to-email accounts; Auto Attendant; Conference bridge; Assisted scheduled self install; Web based management portal; Easily add or remove extensions; Extension dialing throughout your company; Free calls to all your locations;
Available for iOS, BlackBerry and Android; free to download, free in-network calls and chat/text; 100 minutes or $1.00 of international calls free with sign-up; limited-time offer of up to $1.00 credit every month; free US phone number.
App Exclusives & Extras
Translation available for 37 languages; in-chat picture and video sharing; in-chat fax; call recording; instant conference call up to 20 people; map integration and location sharing; find me anywhere; connect your selected phone to any phone.
Editor’s Bottom Line of Voxox
Hosted PBX rates are competitive with other providers, or can be tailored to fit your needs and budget. Their most popular service may also be the best-the mobile app. Lauded as a superior alternative to Skype and Google Hangouts, the Voxox App is a great tool for both business and personal use. Voxox, the company, has a great business savvy, acquiring other companies and signing agreements with hardware manufacturers to expand their market penetration.