Zoom was founded by Eric Yuan, former WebEx/Cisco VP of Engineering. Their mission is to develop a people-centric cloud service that will transform the RTC experience, and improve the quality and effectiveness of communications. To that end, they have created a unified communications platform that can share video, audio, and files over computers and mobile devices. From smartphones to huge, three-monitor room systems, Zoom offers the best conferencing experience.
Popular Service Plan:
“Free” tier includes unlimited 1-to-1 meetings and 40-minute meetings with up to 25 participants
Pro and Business Features:
- Join by H.323/SIP room systems
- Custom Personal ID
- Assign schedules
- Join by ZoomPresence
- On-premise deployment
- Managed domains
- Single sign-on
- Company branding
- Custom emails
- REST API
- LTI Integration
PC, Mac, iOS, Android, H.323/SIP room systems. ZoomPresence designed specifically for Mac Mini.
Google Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, Dropbox, Facebook
Services & Pricing:
- Free: Unlimited 1-to-1 meetings; up to 25 participants with 40 minute time limit; participants join free.
- Pro 25, $9.99/host/mo, $99/host/yr: Up to 25 participants; participants join free.
- Pro 100, $49.99/host/mo, $499/host/yr : Up to 100 participants; participants join free.
- Business, $99/mo, $999/year, 10 hosts; $425/mo, $4,250/year, 50 hosts; $799/mo, $7,990.00/year, 100 hosts.
- ZoomPresence, $999 and up: Up to 100 video participants; Up to 1,000 Webinar viewers (webinar still in Beta as of writing); price does not include $99/year Zoom subscription or hardware costs.
Awards & Clients:
RingCentral, DLA Piper, University of Northern Iowa, FCTI Nationwide ATM, Florida State University, Kansas State University, Telenav; Gartner Cool Vendor, 2014; #1 cloud conference system by Network World, 2013; University Business Readers’ Choice, 2013.
6AM-5PM PT for Business subscribers
24/7 online/email support for all members; response time based on severity of issue