Vonage pushed VoIP into the mainstream for residential customers and has since become a pioneer in the business communications industry. True to its roots as a technology disruptor, Vonage has embraced technology to transform how companies communicate, enabling better business outcomes.
Developed back in early 2000, the service was first introduced to US consumers in partnership with Circuit City in 2004. Vonage was founded by Jeff Pulver, an Internet pioneer and investor, who previously created one of the first ever VoIP applications, known as Free World Dialup.
Vonage has grown extensively since its humble beginnings, and the provider went public in 2006. The company has been innovating its platform ever since and expanded into the business VoIP market by acquiring Vocalocity in 2013. Vonage has grown its business service into a powerful cloud-first platform that enables users to collaborate virtually anywhere, any way.
Vonage has also expanded its platform beyond business phone solutions. By acquiring Nexmo back in 2016, Vonage combined its robust unified communications solution with the agility of embedded, contextual communications APIs. This powerful merger enables businesses to collaborate more productively and engage their customers more effectively across messaging, chat, social media, video and voice.
In 2017, Vonage partnered with Amazon to bring Chime-powered online meetings and video conferencing to Vonage Business Cloud subscribers.
In November 2018, Vonage acquired NewVoiceMedia, an industry-leading cloud Contact Center-as-a-Service (CCaaS) provider.
Vonage is building a world-class, cloud communications platform that will deliver significant benefits to their customers. With NewVoiceMedia, Vonage now has the most comprehensive offering in the market, extending from unified communications to programmable communications and now to the contact center.
Vonage Business Pricing and Plans:
Help & Support Options:
- Phone support available Monday – Friday 8AM to 12AM EDT, Saturday – Sunday 9AM to 9PM EDT, as well as emergency on-call after hours support.
- Live chat via instant messaging available Monday – Friday 9AM to 9PM EDT, closed Saturday and Sunday.
- Vonage 101 FAQs section that addresses the questions customers ask most frequently, including a glossary of industry terminology.
- A new training center with detailed articles, videos and related content for learning about account management, phones & hardware, as well as products & services.
- An archive of previously recorded webinars that cover a range of topics.
- The ability to submit a ticket for more complicated cases.
- Community forums to communicate with other Vonage Business customers.
- A status page that displays when services are experiencing outages.
Vonage’s Most Popular Plan: Business Premium
- Unlimited calling and SMS Messages in the US and Canada.
- 40+ business cloud phone system features (such as call forwarding – detailed below)
- Mobile app for iOS and Android. Link your business phone number to your mobile device.
- Desktop app. Get the power and control of your business phone system right on your computer.
- VonageFlow. Enables group chat, voice, SMS, video calls, file and media sharing through the desktop and mobile apps.
- Multi-level auto attendant. A virtual receptionist that allows callers self-select how they reach a person or department.
- Video conferencing, chat & file sharing for up to 100 people.
- CRM integrations with Salesforce, G Suite, Office 365, Bullhorn, ConnectWise, JobDiva, Netsuite, Microsoft Dynamics, SugarCRM and Zoho.
Business Phone Features Offered:
Vonage Business Premium Pricing:
- 1-4 lines: $29.99 per month, per line (plus taxes and fees)
- 5-19 lines: $27.99 per month, per line (plus taxes and fees)
- 20-99 lines: $24.99 per month, per line (plus taxes and fees)
- 100+ lines: Tailored to your business with a custom package.
Upgrading to Vonage Business Advanced for $10 more per line/month adds these features:
- 15 hours a month of on-demand call recording
- Call group. Forward calls to multiple extensions at once and have them ring simultaneously.
- Vonage visual voicemail. Transcribe voicemail to text and send it to your email.
- Orange-glove setup. Receive support from Vonage experts for account setup and onboarding.
Editor’s Bottom Line
Vonage’s Business Cloud is one of the strongest offerings for SMB organizations looking for an entire unified communications platform that enables users to connect via voice, chat, text messaging or video. Pricing is competitive, with plans tailored to fit specific needs and requirements, and month-to-month contracts are available as well.
Vonage Business offers three packages with different feature sets and the pricing on these scale based on the number of lines you require. However, all of the packages come with desktop and mobile apps, unlimited calling and texting, VonageFlow team messaging, as well as dozens of phone features such as call screening.
Your business can completely tailor the solution with the features they need, instead of paying a price that includes features that will never be used.
As an added bonus, and a bit of a unique offering in the market, Vonage Business Cloud also includes a free subscription to Amazon Chime, providing users with another platform for collaboration including online meetings, video conferencing and team presence and chat.
Vonage’s acquisition of Nexmo is another example of how the provider has expanded beyond phones. Nexmo enables business to engage customers across messaging, chat, social media, and voice – so capabilities such as sending verification messages or outbound marketing campaigns. Nexmo has also recently announced a drag-and-drop interface for designing call flows, enabling businesses without IT teams to design detailed call flow automations.
Overall, Vonage Business is a strong choice for any organization that is looking for a tailored approach solution, while still maintaining the flexibility and scalability of a cloud solution. Vonage manages to include an impressive feature set into a cost-effective, custom solution for every business, and its platform extensions like Chime and Nexmo help round out Vonage’s offerings to be much more than just business VoIP.
To learn more about Vonage Business Cloud phone services, call (866)448-5919
Share Your Feedback
What Do You Think of Vonage Business?