In 2004, Gibu Thomas and Bed Strong founded Sharpcast, a tool for synchronizing images between muliple devices. In Late 2008, both founders left the company, and the new CEO, Laura Yecies, renamed the company SugarSync in 2009. The current CEO is Mike Grossman. Their headquarters are in San Mateo, CA, USA. Despite the similar name, SugarSync is not a related company to SugarCRM.
Most Popular Plan:
Business 1 TB, $55/mo, $550 1 year prepay
- 1 TB of storage to be shared between 1-3 users
- Enable or disable users, set storage limits with Admin Control
- Phone support M-F 6AM-5PM PT
- No limits on file size or type
- Automatic or selected sync
- There is a 30 day free trial
- PC or Mac Compatible
- Administrative control to set storage size per user
- Works with non-standard hardware, including Samsung Smart TVs and Fujitsu Scanners
- Mobile app available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire
- No limits on file types or file sizes
- Shared folders
- Plugin for Microsoft Windows (PC only)
- Stream videos or music
All Available Plans & Services:
- Individual 60 GB, $7.49/mo – $74.99 1 year prepay
- Individual 100 GB, $9.99/mo – $99.99 1 year prepay
- Individual 250 GB, $24.99/mo – $249.99 1 year prepay
- Business 1 TB, $55/mo – $550 1 year prepay, 1-3 users, admin control
Help & Support Options:
Business: Phone support M-F 6AM-5PM
Awards & Recognition:
- Rated Best Cloud Service by Techlicious, 2014; recommended by Bloomberg News; recommended by Walt Mossberg of The Wall Street Journal.
- Clients include Best Buy, Lenovo, SanDisk, France Telecom-Orange, Korea Telecom, Fujitsu, SoftBank Mobile.
Editor's Bottom Line:
SugarSync is very shrewd in its partnerships. SugarSync is now available in Staples retail stores as part of the EasyTech support services. SugarSync can be accessed on certain Samsung Smart TVs, so you can watch your downloaded content on your big screen. It also can also sync with Fujitsu document scanners without a computer. You can find SugarSync packaged with certain computers and smartphones. SugarSync is capable of doing things no other backup provider can do.
The easy interface and unique capabilities make this backup provider one to watch.