This has been a solid provider. I wouldn’t give them a 5, as there was a time when we couldn’t access our account for a few days due to a some sort of a carrier related server issue. Otherwise runs smoothly.
MyPCBackup is one of the many companies owned by Just Develop It, which was started in 2007 by Chris Phillips and Brooke Bryan. JDI’s first product was the Intellichat, an automated chat agent designed to reduce web site abandonment, in 2008. In the years that followed, JDI started, and in some cases sold, a number of different companies, both web-related and non-web related. Some of these ventures include a Find Me Love, JustHost, The Astoria night club, and Skylark Country Club. MyPCBackup was launched in 2011. Just Develop It is also the parent company of the other backup solutions ZipCloud, Backup Genie, and JustCloud.
MyPCBackup Pricing and Services
Most Popular Plan:
- 100 GB of storage space to be shared by 5 computers
- Additional computers $4.95/mo each, additional storage space $4.95/mo per 100 GB
- Mobile app for iOS, Android, Blackberry, Kindle Fire, Windows Surface and Windows Phone
- Maximum file size is 2GB
- Can locate lost or stolen device
- Automated backup
- Backs up documents and emails
- Manage users and permissions
- Mobile app for iOS, Android, Blackberry, Kindle Fire, and Windows Phone
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Sync between multiple home, office, and mobile devices
- File sharing
- Transferable license to new computers
- Save up to 7 file versions
- Automated, scheduled, and idle backups
- No file type restrictions
- AES 256 encryption for maximum security
- Can locate lost/stolen laptop
- Admin control panel
- Allocate space to each user
- Access & permissions management
- Team collaboration
- Network Drives
- Email Backup
- Geo-redundancy and highly secure facilities
All Available Plans & Services:
- Home, $5.61/mo with 2-year contract: 75 GB to be shared with unlimited users under one account; automated backups; sync multiple computers.
- Premium, $6.19/mo with 2-year contract: 250 GB to be shared with unlimited users under one account; automated backups; sync multiple computers.
- Unlimited, $8.69/mo with 2-year contract: 500 GB to be shared with unlimited users under one account; automated backups; sync multiple computers.
- Business, $35.94/mo: 100 GB of storage space to be shared by 5 computers; additional computers $4.95/mo each; additional storage space $4.95/mo per 100 GB; mobile app; file sharing; administrative dashboard; unlimited file versioning; locate lost/stolen laptop; email and document backup.
- Enterprise, $71.94/mo: 500 GB of storage to be shared by 20 computers; additional computers $2.95/mo each; additional storage space $4.95/mo per 100 GB; mobile app; file sharing; administrative dashboard; unlimited file versioning; locate lost/stolen laptop; email and document backup.
- Home/Premium/Unlimited premium options:
- Supercharged Backups – $24.95/year
- Previous Version Plus – $49.95/year
- Additional License – $29.95/year
- Sync Folder 5GB – $5.95/year
- Sync Folder Premium 10GB – $49.95/year
- Sync Folder Platinum 20GB – $97.95/year
- Priority Support – $9.95/year
- Hourly Backup – $19.95/year
- Recycle Bin – $7.95/year
- Network Drive Support – $99.95/year
- Automatic Video Backup – $14.95/year
- 5GB Max File Size – $19.95/year
- External Hard Drive < 500GB – $39.95/year
- External Hard Drive > 500GB – $79.95/year
Help & Support Options:
24×7 customer support
Editor’s Bottom Line of MyPCBackup
MyPCBackup is compatible with Linux, which is uncommon among backup providers. There are no file type restrictions, meaning it backs up any type of file, including executable. MyPCBackup offers a level of flexibility that Linux users will appreciate.
MyPCBackup is compatible with all major mobile platforms, including Kindle Fire and Windows Phone. They make it easy to backup multiple devices and access your files from anywhere. JustCloud has a feature that can track a lost or stolen device by the last place it used the Internet. Although this system is not foolproof, it is an invaluable tool to help the police recover your property. Even if the device is never found, all the data can be easily restored. Anyone with a number of different mobile devices should look into MyPCBackup.
MyPCBackup also allows vendors to resell cloud space, starting as low as $19.14/mo. Vendors are permitted to set their own pricing and brand the product as their own.
Maximum file size is 2 GB, although can be upgraded to 5, 10, or 20 GB for a premium. Similarly, they advertise file versioning, but to get more than seven versions of a file you must upgrade. Prices for premium features are per year, not per month. While MyPCBackup is a decent bargain, many of the features that drive up the price are not particularly special or unusual.